IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

On 5/10/2016 at 10:05 PM, lokkenjawnz said:

I'd like to be put on the list as well! Bare board + case, so it'll fit into my Lynx I please!

Does the case totally not fit in the Lynx I, or does it just not allow the door to close?

It wont fit at all, you're really limited on thickness in the Lynx 1 for the majority of the cartridge. It's a shame, but one you have this cart in the Lynx 1, you can just remove the memory card to change games... so you may never need to take it out. :)

Edited by SainT
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info. Good to know I should be in the 2nd batch. When you get the account set up will it be possible for us to pay ahead of time?

I probably wont, just because I dont like putting myself in the position of feeling rushed as people have already paid and I've not shipped yet. This is the same reason I've not asked for any money down on pre-orders or anything like that.

• Like 5

WoW!!

add me!

and my friend want, too.

Can you shipping to JAPAN?

Yes, I can ship anywhere in the world which the postal service will reach. Everywhere I have checked on price has been the same, so the price stated in the first post should be correct for all international mail.

• Like 1

Please add me to the list :)

(Would it be possible to group shipping to France to reduce fdp ?)

Yes, group buys are fine. I'm happy to take multiple payments from people and ship to one address, or just one payment and multiple carts -- whatever works for you. I'll sort out postage on an individual basis for this.

• Like 1

Everyone needs to stop ordering otherwise the Jaguar cart will never get started :-p

On a more serious note, this thread just continues to show how wonderful everyone knows this cart will be and its a credit to the hard work by Saint.

Lol, much appreciated, thank you! :)

I made some good progress on the Jaguar cartridge on the planning side of things while waiting for the Lynx carts to arrive from China. It's a lot more complex than the Lynx one design wise to keep the price down but will be completely in-system programmable from the Jag.

Even to the point that I have a fair bit of space left in the CPLD at the moment, so in theory I could do some nice things like ADPCM decoding or even a multi-channel MOD player in hardware and simply stream the mixed audio to the Jag freeing up DSP time.

But that's just me dreaming about all the fun things that are possible. I'll concentrate on the important things, like getting it working first. :)

• Like 6

Eurgh, I cant believe they don't even have an option for FAT32 -- they must have switched to NTFS completely now. Try and format it to 4GB FAT32 if you can. I'll see if I can create a disk image with everything needed on which you can just install onto the card...

Bloody SD cards...

hi this might help for people wanting to format their SD card in fat32 "GUIformat"

you can get it here

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

hope that helps

Edited by thx1138e4b
  • Like 1

Lol, much appreciated, thank you! :)

I made some good progress on the Jaguar cartridge on the planning side of things while waiting for the Lynx carts to arrive from China. It's a lot more complex than the Lynx one design wise to keep the price down but will be completely in-system programmable from the Jag.

Even to the point that I have a fair bit of space left in the CPLD at the moment, so in theory I could do some nice things like ADPCM decoding or even a multi-channel MOD player in hardware and simply stream the mixed audio to the Jag freeing up DSP time.

But that's just me dreaming about all the fun things that are possible. I'll concentrate on the important things, like getting it working first. :)

I'm happy to hear, that you got plans for the big cat as well.

That would be outstanding, all demos, home-brews and prototypes on one card, no flashing one by one .. This could open a whole new world of homebrew distribution. In addition to that Beta testing like for reeboteroids will be much easier. Bright Jaguar future ^^

• Like 1

I cant remember if I mentioned this before, I think I did, but anyway I've just updated the FAQ stating I will be shipping out the cartridges with a small (1GB) memory card installed ready to go. I want people to just be able to plug this thing in and enjoy without the potential hassles of incompatible cards, file systems, formatting and all that other crap.

You will, however, need to provide some way to copy the files onto the card yourself! Be it via an Android device, memory card reader, whatever. That part I leave up to you. :)

Edited by SainT
  • Like 3

If people would mind just posting in this thread rather than PM'ing me if you want to be added to the list please, I find it easier to manage that way with everything in one place. Things get lost in the PM system quite quickly for me.

Thank you knidly. :)

On 5/17/2016 at 8:57 AM, bmx said:

I'm happy to hear, that you got plans for the big cat as well.

That would be outstanding, all demos, home-brews and prototypes on one card, no flashing one by one .. This could open a whole new world of homebrew distribution. In addition to that Beta testing like for reeboteroids will be much easier. Bright Jaguar future ^^

"whole new world of homebrew distribution"

You've got my mind thinking about an ethernet port and an app-store now. :-o

Hmmm, I think I may have to do it. ENC28J60 with built in MAC and PHY and connects via SPI, so could just use the SPI bus.

Could have every Jag game on a central server, just download them, cache on the memory card.

Must. Stop. Thinking.
Edited by SainT
  • Like 3

Well if i have to install the os menu myself on the sd card,i will be fine with it aslong it will be not combersome to do that,the only things i need to know is 1, were can i download the os menu,2 wich one is the standard version in order to not get confused with other versions made by community groups.

3 do i have unzip those file before installing it on the sd card,4 do i have to put those lynx roms in a specific folder map of the os menu file or can i just put those lynx roms in the main directory of the sd card bellow the os menu files?

And last but not leased,i suppose i does accept LNX files right.

Anyway,if i will get one of these,i will also test it out with my 2 GB sd card wich i have already formatted in fat32 for this purpose,to see if it will whatever work or not on this sd interface adaptor,but only time will tell.,

Again THX .

"whole new world of homebrew distribution"
You've got my mind thinking about an ethernet port and an app-store now. :-o
Hmmm, I think I may have to do it. ENC28J60 with built in MAC and PHY and connects via SPI, so could just use the SD card SPI bus.
Could have every Jag game on a central server, just download them, cache on the SD card.
Must. Stop. Thinking.

I've got a cool idea for a comlynx project - Use one of those TTL to USB adapters to get comlynx going to the PC, then write some software to forward on serial comms to a client elsewhere on the net. It would need some simple client and server but the idea is you can play comlynx games over the net. Perhaps the first thing you do is select the game you are wanting to play, and then its listed on the server for other people to try and connect to from their end. Just not sure if it would work due to latency or not.

• Like 1

I've got a cool idea for a comlynx project - Use one of those TTL to USB adapters to get comlynx going to the PC, then write some software to forward on serial comms to a client elsewhere on the net. It would need some simple client and server but the idea is you can play comlynx games over the net. Perhaps the first thing you do is select the game you are wanting to play, and then its listed on the server for other people to try and connect to from their end. Just not sure if it would work due to latency or not.

That would be very interesting to try out! I have the same doubts as you over latency, though, I'm guessing as latency would not have been an issue on the Lynx (apart from disconnection issues), code wont handle it very well.

Would still be interesting to try... :)

Reminds me of the Kaillera MAME project.

• Like 1