IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

Actually, the new screen draws MORE power than the old one because of the interfacing CLPD. This has been measured in the screen thread.

But the backlight on the new LCD screen is powered by a high efficiency LED, not a power hungry cold cathode which requires a high voltage current pump to operate. The LED should draw far less current per light output than the Cold Cathode. Is the stock Lynx screen regulated or unregulated? I seem to recall the brightness draws off quite significantly just before the batteries expire. It starts turning dark green, then I bump up the contrast, then it turns dark green again, I bump up the contrast to the max, then it starts to turn green a final time, before a nice pop from the speaker and the screen turns black. As a kid on family road trips, I would put the hot batteries in a zip lock bag and throw it in the cooler. Then when they were cooled off, I'd stick them back in the Lynx and get another ten minutes of gameplay out of them while my dad searched for a convenience store to buy overpriced batteries.

Yes, this is what I was thinking. The new screen requiring more power from the 5v regulated supply, but overall less due to the back lighting. The backlight on the original screen must be driven direct from the batteries I'm sure.

Yes, this is what I was thinking. The new screen requiring more power from the 5v regulated supply, but overall less due to the back lighting. The backlight on the original screen must be driven direct from the batteries I'm sure.

The overall power consumption of a Lynx with the new screen is higher than an unmodified Lynx. This has been measured in the screen thread. Didn't expect that, but the additional electronics draws much power. The CPLD consist of tenthousands, if not hundredthousands logic gates.

• Like 1

I received my cart today and put it in my VGA screen-modded Lynx II and it won't boot up to the menu. If the 2048.o file is present it sometimes will start that, but it otherwise shows nothing except a garbled screen. I tried it on a stock Lynx II and it worked just fine (and yes, I plugged both into an AC adapter). Any thoughts on what the issue might be with the Lynx II I'd vastly prefer to use it on?

Oh, that's interesting. I've seen just crap on the screen when the voltage hasn't been sufficient to power the Lynx up. The new screen powers up and shows what is in the sram (ie. a garbled mess) but the Lynx doesn't boot. I'd check the voltage on the output of the mosfet and see what that is like -- it may be your voltage regulator isn't up to the extra current draw required by screen and cart as has been mentioned above in previous posts.

But first I'd try another PSU -- see if the PSU is up to the job.

1 if those batches of pcb's will arrive, i wonder how many will be produced.

2 if those sd cards drain too much power from modded lynxes with new lcd screens, how about a revision wich uses chipsets made with smaller nn technology ,lfet's say from 45nn to a 20nn procces to make these chips smaller to consume way less power.(chinese chip factory anyway?).

Alltrough, i don't mind as i don't have modded my lynx,may in the future if my lynx & screen dies.

@SainT I would be extremely grateful to be added to the Pre-Order list please for a Housed Version (Lynx II).

Wow, I have just stumbled upon this forum, since I have decided over the last month to start playing my old classic consoles and handhelds and now im looking for flashcards to leave permanently plugged into each console / handheld, saving me from getting all my old carts out the loft!

Nothing beats playing games on the console they were designed for.

This Lynx Cart looks wonderful, looking forward to getting one, gutted I didnt find this forum earlier, i'm gonna be waaaayyyy down the list haha!

Great info on this forum guys - going to do some more reading.

:)

• Like 3

any news on how far down the list we are now?

Just look at the first post, it's updated every time i do anything related to contacting people or sending out carts.

And in other news, the new batch of PCBs are set to arrive Monday! :D

Edited by SainT
  • Like 4

That is an incredible listing, I actually already had that in my watch list!

If i was single I would have bought it by now. But mortgage.... Family... It's a crazy purchase for me lol. But amazing whoever lands that set!

[emoji3]

• Like 1

Pretty sure I have seen that same one a long time ago when I was looking, so if you try hard enough, you could be single and without a mortgage or family. I suggest heavy alcohol or heoine isage to speed up the process. But then again you may not jave money for it after that! :) Make the sacrifice in the name of Atari!

Pretty sure I have seen that same one a long time ago when I was looking, so if you try hard enough, you could be single and without a mortgage or family. I suggest heavy alcohol or heoine isage to speed up the process. But then again you may not jave money for it after that! :) Make the sacrifice in the name of Atari!

Lol. [emoji1360][emoji1360]