IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

the only thing worse than sitting on the pre-order list waiting for your number to come up, is having your number come up and then having to wait a further 2 weeks for payday before you can afford to pay the fricking invoice...

however...
2 things...

1 - today is payday...
2 - i've just paid my fricking invoice...
:thumbsup:

Edited by iddod
  • Like 1

I would have shipped a lot more if it weren't for the odd bout of complete fatigue which buggers me. Stupid weak human flesh, I need a fancy new robot body. :)

Man, don't push yourself too hard. Take some time off if it's getting too much. We waited for a good Lynx flashcart for 26 years, a few months more shouldn't be a problem. :)

• Like 3

Man, don't push yourself too hard. Take some time off if it's getting too much. We waited for a good Lynx flashcart for 26 years, a few months more shouldn't be a problem. :)

I enjoy doing this stuff! :)

I've been suffering from some bizarre illness for the last 3 years or there abouts which has been completely undiagnosed by any doctor (and I've seen a few!) which results in all kinds of really nasty symptoms like chronic fatigue, constant nausea, insomnia, brain fog and all sorts. I'm starting to finally make some proper headway into actaully getting better over the last 3-4 months, or at least learning what to do to control it.

It's basically what happens when the microbiome of your gut gets messed up and you end up with a dominance of pathogenic flora. It's more microbiology than human biology which is currently a completely misunderstood area of modern medicine (in the UK at least).

So if I do vanish for a few days that'll be why! Although thankfully it's getting less often now that I end up getting just completely mentally and physically exhausted.

It's doing stuff like this that keeps me sane though. :)

• Like 5

It's basically what happens when the microbiome of your gut gets messed up and you end up with a dominance of pathogenic flora. It's more microbiology than human biology which is currently a completely misunderstood area of modern medicine (in the UK at least).

Try eating some Yogurt. Some have live cultures of Probiotics which will help place your system back in balance. It couldn't hurt... :P

Try eating some Yogurt. Some have live cultures of Probiotics which will help place your system back in balance. It couldn't hurt... :P

Lol, trust me, anything you can suggest I have tried! The winning combo seems to be alpha lipoic acid and nascent iodine plus a very specific diet avoiding complex carbs and sticking to largely raw veg.

• Like 1

Juste receive my cartridge today.

She is beautiful .
Design work is sublime !!
And in addition there is already a mini SD !!
I am very happy !!!
Can not wait to be at home to try it!

Thank you Mr Saint T for make this dream real, thank you thank you !!!

• Like 3

Lol, trust me, anything you can suggest I have tried! The winning combo seems to be alpha lipoic acid and nascent iodine plus a very specific diet avoiding complex carbs and sticking to largely raw veg.

Ug, raw veggies. I do love a good salad but I prefer my vegetables steamed, boiled, or stewed. Onions are the worst. I do still love onion rings but there's some essential oil or something in an onion that makes you cry when you slice one open. It cooks out completely though...

Ug, raw veggies. I do love a good salad but I prefer my vegetables steamed, boiled, or stewed. Onions are the worst. I do still love onion rings but there's some essential oil or something in an onion that makes you cry when you slice one open. It cooks out completely though...

Refrigerate the onion first, before slicing it. It helps a lot.

I usually the guy that can't stand eating veggies boiled, I like mine raw like carrots, and corn. Yum

I usually the guy that can't stand eating veggies boiled, I like mine raw like carrots, and corn. Yum

Raw carrots, yuk! :razz:

My fiance can make a mean roast with corned beef brisket, baby carrots, baby red potatoes, a whole onion, some Tony's seasoning, peppercorns, stewed slowly in a Croc-pot for ten hours...

The meat literally falls apart on the plate, it's so tender and good! Vegetables are delish as the side dish. I can actually bite into the onion whole after it's caramelized through and through like that... :P

• Like 2

I'm just building up the next load (32 of them) ready to ship out later in the week (probably Friday). So to those who have paid and are waiting (there's a couple of you), it'll be a few days yet. I was away at the weekend so didn't get a chance to get them ready. ;)

So instead I get to do it late at night... :)

13 built tonight, more tomorrow night. ;)

Edited by SainT

Excellent, glad you're enjoying it! :D

It should work with the 20/24Mhz mod, but as I've not tested it, there's no guarantees. :)

Well I just did and it doesn't seem to like anything higher than 16Mhz........that is.....

It starts up, gives the INSERT GAME message and then switches to the "menu loading" screen but hangs there.

However, when I set the speed to 16Mhz, select and load a game and when the game is running I can adjust the speed at will and it works just fine :) for me that's a totally workable solution.....everything was still an experimental set-up (with an old dirty potmeter) so the definite set-up might even work....we'll see :)

• Like 2

My cart arrived today. Very pleased with everything. I tried it in both my Lynx 1 and 2 and I think I prefer using it in my 2, so I'll probably put case on it and keep it there.

Congratulations on a fantastic project. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to see what you can do with the Jaguar.

Thanks again.

• Like 2

Received mine last tuesday (it took only 4 days from UK to Valencia, really short time), but I couldn't test until today.

I only found I problem, and I can't... because my wife kidnapped my Lynx and she doesn't playing!!

After joking, thanks SainT for developing this amazing piece of hardware. It comes in a good package (well protected) and ready to work.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've been having an arse of a time with my 3D printer. Got some new filament as I ran out, and it just keeps jamming. The first print with it was fine, then after leaving it overnight nothing would print. I suspect its moisture ingress into the filament causing it to jam up, so I've ordered some more from the original place I got the last lot -- which I had no issues with at all. Annoyingly they were out of stock when I re-ordered last, so I went elsewhere. Just shows the difference that filament quality makes!

Ultimately I've not been able to get any shells printed, so I've been stalled on making more carts. :mad:

I've been having an arse of a time with my 3D printer. Got some new filament as I ran out, and it just keeps jamming. The first print with it was fine, then after leaving it overnight nothing would print. I suspect its moisture ingress into the filament causing it to jam up, so I've ordered some more from the original place I got the last lot -- which I had no issues with at all. Annoyingly they were out of stock when I re-ordered last, so I went elsewhere. Just shows the difference that filament quality makes!

Ultimately I've not been able to get any shells printed, so I've been stalled on making more carts. :mad:

Saint, are you using PLA or ABS?

If it is PLA, you have to be carefull, as this material is very hygroscopic (it absorbs moisture from air).

You can try to remove it with an oven (electrical, as flame oven produce water), by putting an small amount in aluminium foil, and heating it to 75-80°C (170°F) over an hour.

The only problem is the low glass transition temperature (Tg) of the PLA (around 65-75°C, depending of the additives), and you would see that the filament sticks slightly, but you can solve it by flexing the coil.

This method is also suitable for other materials.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ahh the Joys of 3D printers, brilliant things when the work, royal pain in arse when they don't.

I could due to moisture absorption causing the filament to increase in size quite a bit although it would have to absorb a lot of moisture to have that effect overnight, I do think that bubbling is evidence is high moisture absorption and that the bubbles are caused as the water turns to steam.

Most feed problems I encounter at work are due to either poor platform levelling as I believe a certain amount of grip is require to essentially help pull the filament through or the feed tensioner needs adjusting to ensure the filament is pressed against the feed wheel.

Although it is unclear how it happens another feed issue that can occur is the filament somehow gets caught up on itself as loose loops cross and tangle with one loop passing under another, as the filament is use it start to get tight to the point where the filament tension on the reel overcomes that of the feed mechanism and thus feeding of the element to the print head ceases.

• Like 1

After enjoying my Lynx Multi Card for a few days in both a model 1 and model 2, I think I've decided that I prefer to protect it with the cover. It's not a big deal to me if I can only use it in my model 2 going forward.

So I was curious, what are you using to apply it to the cart when you send them out already attached? I assume it's a type of glue, but I was curious what type you were using.

Thanks.