IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

Don't forget the link cable! :D

Ha, so I think I still have a rather broken Lynx somewhere, but I am going to end up buying two... and then I was reading that some of them came with the Link cable and some did not. But luckily I found a guy that was selling the cable so woo hoo!

Ha, so I think I still have a rather broken Lynx somewhere, but I am going to end up buying two... and then I was reading that some of them came with the Link cable and some did not. But luckily I found a guy that was selling the cable so woo hoo!

Does the Lynx cable have any special circuitry in it or is it strictly a pass-through device? I've often wondered if the TI-data cables used to communicate between calculators would work as a COM-Lynx. They're certainly a lot cheaper:

https://www.amazon.com/Guerrilla-83Linkcable-Link-Cable-Calculators/dp/B008O7K9FW//ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=atariage&linkId=747004f030f724e07c83e6f82e447ee2

Or would using this cable between two Lynxes potentially blow something? :ponder:

EDIT: Nevermind...

https://www.amazon.com/Comlynx-Cable-Atari-Lynx/dp/B0017PHT3I/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=atariage&linkId=b67dc49fa6b963e73b6fed146a17b7a2

Ha, I didn't think to check amazon for the com lynx cable, ordered one off ebay for 8 dollars.

So I have been thinking about the cable for different reasons... mainly what someone else had mentioned... how could we get some sort of server set up to allow multiplayer over the internet? I am thinking some sort of microcontroller setup... I wonder how much of the code would be in the handy emulator for it, if any.

Ha, I didn't think to check amazon for the com lynx cable, ordered one off ebay for 8 dollars.

So I have been thinking about the cable for different reasons... mainly what someone else had mentioned... how could we get some sort of server set up to allow multiplayer over the internet? I am thinking some sort of microcontroller setup... I wonder how much of the code would be in the handy emulator for it, if any.

Pretty sure the games cannot handle any amount of lag and players would desync in short order. It's been attempted in the past with Game Boy Emulators and never really worked unless both players were on the same PC.

Ah, I see. :) The Lynx 2 you insert the cartridge in the back of the console and the Lynx 1 in the right side. The Lynx 2 can use both cased or uncased carts and the Lynx 1 just the uncased version. I will ship the top case with the uncased version if you order that, incase you want to glue it in place later.

Hoe that clears things up! :)

Edited by SainT
  • Like 1

Hey SainT could you teach us how to make our own .LSD? We desperately need one for Flappy... :P

Et hop.

A preview screen in horizontal mode. Just need to change the name of the rom to flappy.lnx I think. only 8 characters.

Bmp and lsd zip file.

I've made a preview for t-tris too. I hope this will not disturb the programmer.

But I'm not sure of the color, I just change image to 16 colors, maybe the lynx palette will not be accurate.

Okay I tried the .LSD from your post but still not seeing enough colors... :-o

attachicon.gifFlappy oops.JPG

EDIT: Sorry for the bump. If I knew how to make my own .LSD I'd have fixed up a batch already... :rolling: