IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

Lol, largely true. But it's the little things like knowing you will see the "INSERT GAME" screen for a few seconds before it boots, and what to do to troubleshoot if you have issues, like checking menu.bin etc on the memory card.

When it works, it does indeed just work... :)

Edited by SainT

Well you'll bemissing out on perhaps the coolest feature, preview screenshots

Definitely a cool feature. It takes some getting used to flipping through the games, kind of a timing thing, 'cause if you pause for a second, it'll start to load the screenshot, and then it takes a few seconds to try to go to the next game, but as long as you're flipping through fast enough you can get your game, program it in and away you go.

Bro and I played quite a bit of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure the other night... and then got stuck (pretty sure due to a bug). Good times!

• Like 1

Lol, largely true. But it's the little things like knowing you will see the "INSERT GAME" screen for a few seconds before it boots, and what to do to troubleshoot if you have issues, like checking menu.bin etc on the SD card.

When it works, it does indeed just work... :)

This is a good point. When I used mine for the first time and it said INSERT GAME I got about as far as "oh for fu..." before I then realised all was very much well.

Interestingly most variants of Lynx / Atari / SD card bring up this very thread on Google!

This is a good point. When I used mine for the first time and it said INSERT GAME I got about as far as "oh for fu..." before I then realised all was very much well.

Someone should write an App that displays "INSERT GAME" warning like when the game loads. Then every now and then flash some softcore T&A for like half a second or so just to toy with the observer... :love:

I am interested in ordering one of your Lynx Multicards if you are still taking pre-orders.

I was exited to learn about your multi card from youtube and since I got my Lynx back in 1991 with only 2 games for it Batman Returns and Stun Runer I could finaly have a chance to try all the other games that were created for the Lynx that I never had a chance to get here in Canada rite befor it was canceled. I loved how the Lynx was desined wich seemed for a older crowd. Being 20 at the time and growing up with Atari products I could not resist chosing the Lynx over the Game boy with its monochrome screen wich to me at the time seemed like a step backwards.

Edited by direhawk
  • Like 1

Mine has just arrived

Very good! Am very pleased! The case itself is scratched and marked but I don't really care about that

The unit works fine and my Rom's are already loaded up and working well!

With my mcwill screen mod it's a really nice retro device!

Well worth the wait

post-47600-0-30837500-1486651102_thumb.jpg

post-47600-0-66949400-1486651104_thumb.jpg

post-47600-0-35588300-1486651107_thumb.jpg

post-47600-0-59279500-1486651109_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The case itself is scratched and marked but I don't really care about that

All cases are 3D printed, this is about as good as I can get. They are not scratched, that's just how the plastic is laid down, and marks are due to how the plastic sticks to the heated print bed.

To get better quality would mean turning to injection molding, and for this few cases its just too expensive. :(

I'm constantly trying to improve on the quality of the case prints, but it's a bit of an art.

Edited by SainT

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way complaining! very happy with the device and well worth the wait. I assumed it was badly handled by the post man or something.

All I care about is that it does the job and it does! Very pleased! :)

Thanks. :)

I'm happy to receive all feedback, however, I want to know what people think, good or bad.

I'm not entirely happy with the print quality myself and just wanted to explain why it's not perhaps as good as it could be. I'm upgrading my printer again, as ever, I want to try and get a decent surface to print on which gives a more brushed / rough look. It hides print imperfections much better, but I've yet to get it printing reliably.