IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

A little bit of a preview of what I've been working on... https://atarigamer.com/news/1e7yrs62y9s

New SD menu loader is coming up soon :grin:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2019-02-17 at 22.07.10.png

Nice!

I wonder if you could try out my FlappyBird SD cart version. It should store the high score on the cart as seen below:

unsigned lynx_SDwrite(unsigned addr, unsigned val)
{
    if (LynxSD_OpenFile("/saves/flappy.hi") == FR_OK) {
        LynxSD_WriteFile(&val, 2);
        LynxSD_CloseFile();
    }
}

This code will hang forever if the SD processor is shut down. So if the eeprom bit in the lnx header has bit 6 on it should leave the SD CPU on after programming the cart.

flappySD.zip

• Like 1

I've not changed any of the header handling code so far and the original code (version 1.8) looks like it doesn't check for this so I'll make changes to enable this feature. I've come across some limitations though, you can't (in you ROM) create files that don't exist and the SD cart can't resize files so if you have a 0 byte file on the SD and you try to write 2 bytes to it, it will lock up. With the code above it means that the file "saves/flappy.hi" must be on the SD card before any of this will work. Maybe it can be possible to write directly to the ROM itself since that's guaranteed to be there.

• Like 2