IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

22 minutes ago, SainT said:

I've been maintaining this list for ages, and it's time to transition to something a bit more sensible. Having an automated sign up form and active shop makes far more sense.

Al is being very considerate and going by this original list of interest while trying to move forward. There will always be an overlap, and this is it.

But I kept telling people there was no list!  ? ????  I actually put in for the "Al waiting list," I'll get a new one to support your efforts, just as I did with NGPC via SAG.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

But I kept telling people there was no list!  ? ????  I actually put in for the "Al waiting list," I'll get a new one to support your efforts, just as I did with NGPC via SAG.

I'll still be using that list, but I'm going through the names in chronological order.  At some point the name in this thread will be mixed with the names in the email waiting list, but there won't be too much overlap there.

..Al

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

Basically at the point Al put up the new sign-up form, this list became defunct. However there are still a lot of people already on this list, if they have also added themselves to the new form, that's fine, everything will come out in the wash (as they say, no idea how local that saying is!). So you were absolutely correct in pointing people to the sign up form, this list was indeed defunct at that point.

We're doing the best we can to be fair and just here and giving priority to those who showed an interest first in this thread.

And thank-you for the support, I'm doing my best to up the production rates of everything and improve my designs as I go. With the help of people like SAG, AtariAge and DragonBox (with more to come) soon everything will just be available for purchase, no waiting. Not having any waiting lists is my dream... lol. :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Black0Panther said:

I'm already on the initial list? Do I need to do anything more as in the wait list posted on this topic. If so please let me know.

No, you do not.  I am walking through that list, and when I get far enough along with it, will merge entries on this list with the mailing list signups based on date of submissions.

..Al

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

No, you do not.  I am walking through that list, and when I get far enough along with it, will merge entries on this list with the mailing list signups based on date of submissions.

..Al

Ok then ignore the add I just sent as black0panther. I'm like 102 or so on the list already. Thanks!

30 minutes ago, Albert said:

You don't, at the moment.  I can work that out later.

..Al

Hopefully it will be irrelevant as well, I'll try and make the next batch of carts big enough to clear everyone waiting. It's tricky to know quite how many people that will be, however, as the start of the list in this thread is probably 18 months old!

40 minutes ago, SainT said:

Hopefully it will be irrelevant as well, I'll try and make the next batch of carts big enough to clear everyone waiting. It's tricky to know quite how many people that will be, however, as the start of the list in this thread is probably 18 months old!

Amazed at how you crank out so many on your own, given how some "others" in the same line of work seem to make a few dozen every 6 months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greg2600 said:

Amazed at how you crank out so many on your own, given how some "others" in the same line of work seem to make a few dozen every 6 months.

I’m stubborn and refuse to give up. It’s both a good and a bad feature. ?

More seriously its been a process of outsourcing what I can and streamlining every part of the production process I can’t, or would prefer not to. I’m not in the same league as Krikzz or Terraonion, but I’m improving things all the time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Thanks for your amazing work.

I have finally get back to home my lynx I and I'm very interested by this fantastic Retro HQ game card.

Is it still available for pre order ?

I saw in the FAQ, there is no save support, but in my memory no games have it ? I'm wrong.

In my memories there is only a password in order to recovery his game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I see there was an e-mail saying 300 of these have been sent over, congratulations! I'm not expecting this to be an option, since I imagine it could well be more faff than it's worth, but as I'm UK-based it seems pretty wasteful to have something shipped to the US then back here (not to mention the import VAT costs on top of that), so was wondering if there was a slightly less indirect option for those of us more local? Thanks! (And sorry if I've missed something earlier in the thread that already answers this.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turmoni said:

Hey, I see there was an e-mail saying 300 of these have been sent over, congratulations! I'm not expecting this to be an option, since I imagine it could well be more faff than it's worth, but as I'm UK-based it seems pretty wasteful to have something shipped to the US then back here (not to mention the import VAT costs on top of that), so was wondering if there was a slightly less indirect option for those of us more local? Thanks! (And sorry if I've missed something earlier in the thread that already answers this.)

Yes, @SainT is working on setting up UK and European distributors.  But if you want one sooner, this is a good way to get one without waiting.  Although international shipping is rather hit and miss at the moment.

..Al

5 minutes ago, Albert said:

Yes, @SainT is working on setting up UK and European distributors.  But if you want one sooner, this is a good way to get one without waiting.  Although international shipping is rather hit and miss at the moment.

..Al

Ah, thanks! Given that I only just fixed my Lynx after having it in my possession for at least 10 years, I think I'm happy to wait.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Albert said:

..Al

How's it been hit and miss for you? I know there's places we can't ship to, but had stuff been failing to make it altogether? Curious as I do recommend the site to international friends often, and have a flash cart I just shipped overseas for repair...

I've definitely had mail take some weird journeys around the country with longer delays here, but everything has made it to me so far.

3 minutes ago, Hastor said:

How's it been hit and miss for you? I know there's places we can't ship to, but had stuff been failing to make it altogether? Curious as I do recommend the site to international friends often, and have a flash cart I just shipped overseas for repair...

I've definitely had mail take some weird journeys around the country with longer delays here, but everything has made it to me so far.

Everything seems to be making it ultimately, or I might have been forced to stop international shipments altogether.  Still shipping internationally on eBay, and I haven't been burned there yet, either.  Since COVID-19 hit, I've only had a single PayPal dispute that I lost, to a customer in Germany, I believe.  I expect that the package ultimately arrived.

Packages are sometimes taking an unusually long time to exit the US through Chicago.  My understanding is that international packages are sent on domestic international flights, and since there are far fewer of those right now, packages are piling while they wait to exit the US.  Smaller packages seem to be making it faster than larger ones.

Domestic shipping is all over the place right now, and I'm seeing some crazy things, like packages going to the west coast first hitting the east coast and then going all the way across the country.  And I'm in Texas, so that's highly unusual.  Everything's definitely taking longer right now.

..Al