Jump to content
SainT

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

Recommended Posts

I have been following your progress over the past seven months. I'm glad to hear that you are now nearing the final fase of production. Keep up the good work, you are providing a valuable product to the market 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I 've mistaken you for another person.

He refunded me (his card doesn't save games).

Do you still have cards, SainT ? I've read that your card saves games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Deckard said:

Ok, I 've mistaken you for another person.

He refunded me (his card doesn't save games).

Do you still have cards, SainT ? I've read that your card saves games.

I think this pops up enough, I'll answer this one :)

He's currently working on a new version that will fit into both models with a case, and has some other improvements.

He is also re-doing the way he does things, working on outsourcing things so that he doesn't have to build them all personally himself and 3D print tons of cases.

This has his newest, the Jaguar GD, on hold, as well as his Neo Geo Pocket Color cart. Follow RetroHQ on twitter for more frequent updates.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What he said. 😆

 

Plus Iim getting very very close to having the Lynx GD (as it’s called) back on sale. And it will be available directly from AtariAge as well. 😁

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SainT said:

What he said. 😆

 

Plus Iim getting very very close to having the Lynx GD (as it’s called) back on sale. And it will be available directly from AtariAge as well. 😁

Direct from AA?  Wow, very excellent to hear! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, catmando said:

Is this the correct place to put your name for pre-order?

No, there's no list here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, catmando said:

Is this the correct place to put your name for pre-order?

 

12 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

No, there's no list here. 

There is a list on page one but don't know if it's still current.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2020 at 5:43 AM, SainT said:

What he said. 😆

 

Plus Iim getting very very close to having the Lynx GD (as it’s called) back on sale. And it will be available directly from AtariAge as well. 😁

Will sales be first come first serve or will you be following the pre-order list from this thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update on the new version.  As for buying, he mentioned AtariAge for US customers being one of the outsource partners.  Not speaking for the man, but the pause and move to outsourcing was I believe to avoid having to fulfill the 500 quasi pre-orders he took. 

 

 

Edited by Greg2600
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see my name in the recent updated list, I request back in march 6th of last year, post 2204.  
Hopefully I'll make this run, when I put in my preorder for the JagSD I didn't make it into the luck bunch that got their cart.

With AtariAge producing/selling the cart come into future does this mean we might be able to buy homebrew digitally.     I like being able to support developers for their work but I don't always need a physical box and all the extra.    I have about 80 individual physical carts and often prefer play the original releases, I am fine with lose carts.   Most of my original box sit empty on the shelf.   I do already have a Mateos flash cart for items that don't have physical released and a AgaCart.    The new LynxGD sounds really cool, the loading times were a big reason why I hadn't purchased the cart in the past.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2020 at 11:29 AM, Greg2600 said:

Direct from AA?  Wow, very excellent to hear! 

Hear, hear! I can’t wait to purchase one for my Lynx II. 
Those cart shells look great👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a hobby developer I really like the idea of SD carts with eeprom support. The SD is a wonderful platform for releasing competition entries and small games.

 

The money side that I am concerned about is this:

If I create a game with a box and manual and actually sell copies at some events. Will the purchasers feel betrayed if I later give away the game for free?

 

Currently I have "solved" the problem by sending emails with the enhanced version of the game only to people who have got a hw copy.

 

Actually I have a list of people who should receive their binary copy for On Duty. Due to my other engagements I still have not made the last fixes on that game. But I hope to start sending these emails in a month for the guys who got a boxed copy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, karri said:

As a hobby developer I really like the idea of SD carts with eeprom support. The SD is a wonderful platform for releasing competition entries and small games.

 

The money side that I am concerned about is this:

If I create a game with a box and manual and actually sell copies at some events. Will the purchasers feel betrayed if I later give away the game for free?

 

Currently I have "solved" the problem by sending emails with the enhanced version of the game only to people who have got a hw copy.

 

Actually I have a list of people who should receive their binary copy for On Duty. Due to my other engagements I still have not made the last fixes on that game. But I hope to start sending these emails in a month for the guys who got a boxed copy.

If someone feels betrayed they're being silly and selfish tbh. They paid for a physical copy and are getting something special they paid for. If they want more than they paid for, thats their problem.

Also you can just sell a digital ROM version of the game so people can support your game even if you provide it for free. Humans have selfish egocentric tendencies of self-worth through items they own they think gives them value over others. Its good to make customers happy but costumers are not always right. Be fair but don't let people control what you think is fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to buy boxed copies of games free or paid from special platforms like the lynx, and I think many people would agree with that. Even though it cannot be compared to your example. If you look at what limited run games is doing. Their entire business model is centered around the re-release of physical versions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/29/2020 at 2:17 PM, zezba9000 said:

If someone feels betrayed they're being silly and selfish tbh. They paid for a physical copy and are getting something special they paid for. If they want more than they paid for, thats their problem.

Also you can just sell a digital ROM version of the game so people can support your game even if you provide it for free. Humans have selfish egocentric tendencies of self-worth through items they own they think gives them value over others. Its good to make customers happy but costumers are not always right. Be fair but don't let people control what you think is fair.

Couldn't agree more.  If you buy the physical game, it's because you wish to "collect" it.  The roms should be released digitally for everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the topic of digitally distributing ROM Images for flash cartridges come up frequently here, but no real solutions proposed for it. I do think as long as it's possible, it's a good option going forward. So here's my two (small) recommendations...

 

  1. Humble Widget
    These are commonly used to distribute modern game software, but Humble actually allows (and encourages) you to attach any data to the widget. You define a set of content, and a widget attached to it. The pricing is totally up to you, and it's possible to have an item for free but with optional tipping. Once nice thing is that anyone who uses the widget is now "registered" and can download new versions of whatever content you attached to it - they don't even need an account with Humble (although as a developer, you will). I'm very impressed with this service and we used it for the standalone Windows version of Rikki & Vikki.
     
  2. itch.io
    Another popular distribution platform for "whatever" - and I've seen it used frequently by the NesDev Community to distribute games. I can't speak for firsthand experience (I favor Humble), but have heard good things.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...