Jump to content
SainT

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Black0Panther said:

Clicked wish list. How do I know it did anything.  Screen never changed. 

[not helpful] Click harder? [/not helpful]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Real funny. I want to get one when the time comes. It didn't do a thing when I clicked on it at all. Am I still on the original waiting list still or now on a new one? What did it actually do when I clicked for wish list or whatever.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Albert said:

Yes, this, thank you.  :)

 

 ..Al

I am already on the 1st waiting list.  Been on it a long while. Do I have to move do different list or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry, this has gotten rather confusing.

 

The situation is that I will ship *some* (I don't know how many, 50, 100, really not sure!) carts myself as I just want to be sure everything is working perfectly with the new firmware update system. Once I'm happy with this, they will be sold via resellers only.

 

It's a pain trying to "transfer" any pre-orders due to data protection, so it's probably best bet to just sign up to AA as well even if you have an active order with me. You wont accidentally get two, or be charged without contact, so don't worry about that.

 

The plan (as ever) is to produce products in enough volume that all these pre-orders and waiting lists are a thing of the past. I will be at this point shortly with the NeoPocket cart, and others will follow.

 

It's been a rather long and protracted journey to get to this point, but as ever, things are moving in the right direction.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SainT said:

I'm sorry, this has gotten rather confusing.

 

The situation is that I will ship *some* (I don't know how many, 50, 100, really not sure!) carts myself as I just want to be sure everything is working perfectly with the new firmware update system. Once I'm happy with this, they will be sold via resellers only.

 

It's a pain trying to "transfer" any pre-orders due to data protection, so it's probably best bet to just sign up to AA as well even if you have an active order with me. You wont accidentally get two, or be charged without contact, so don't worry about that.

 

The plan (as ever) is to produce products in enough volume that all these pre-orders and waiting lists are a thing of the past. I will be at this point shortly with the NeoPocket cart, and others will follow.

 

It's been a rather long and protracted journey to get to this point, but as ever, things are moving in the right direction.

So sitting on the waiting list for 2 years now did me crap. Also now going to 3rd party vendors or people now who can adjust the price to fit there best intrests resell. 100% not liking where this is going. With other people selling them. There will be price increases. Do you not realize this. They will charge people more because they know they can. Been gaming since atari 2600 days. Soon as its seen hard to find or rare or limited. The price tripples.  Kind of pissed off after waiting patiently for so long.  Now I have to go through a collector or another body only interested in making extra cash... honestly thanks for nothing. I applaud your work for creating these devices but in the end it's for cash not the love of the games or gaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You haven't been keeping up.... He's always made these himself, for little profit compared to his other job, through health problems. This was all done for his own sanity and health as he can't assemble the demand himself and still have a life. Here's going with good retailers and the supply, now being made by more than one person, will be plentiful and constant. Sure they'll make a profit but it won't be ridiculous or I don't think he'd work with them.

 

These are moves that makes things like waiting on a list for years a thing of the past once they are stocked. Be glad he's taking care of himself as he did consider just giving it all up and not making any more carts at all. He likes designing this stuff not assembling it, and it is a hobby not his main income, though it would be awesome if this allowed him to focus on it more.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hastor said:

You haven't been keeping up.... He's always made these himself, for little profit compared to his other job, through health problems. This was all done for his own sanity and health as he can't assemble the demand himself and still have a life. Here's going with good retailers and the supply, now being made by more than one person, will be plentiful and constant. Sure they'll make a profit but it won't be ridiculous or I don't think he'd work with them.

 

These are moves that makes things like waiting on a list for years a thing of the past once they are stocked. Be glad he's taking care of himself as he did consider just giving it all up and not making any more carts at all. He likes designing this stuff not assembling it, and it is a hobby not his main income, though it would be awesome if this allowed him to focus on it more.

I understand what you are saying. Wont argue much. But just watch. Soon S they leave his hands. People will be asking double or triple the price. It's only a matter of time. Been duped before with stuff like this in the past. Direction it's going. Very well may happen again. Soon as some jerk on YouTube like metal Jesus says they are great. Watch prices skyrocket because collectors feel they should now triple the price. 

.....

Edited by Black0Panther

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Black0Panther said:

So sitting on the waiting list for 2 years now did me crap. Also now going to 3rd party vendors or people now who can adjust the price to fit there best intrests resell. 100% not liking where this is going. With other people selling them. There will be price increases. Do you not realize this. They will charge people more because they know they can. Been gaming since atari 2600 days. Soon as its seen hard to find or rare or limited. The price tripples.  Kind of pissed off after waiting patiently for so long.  Now I have to go through a collector or another body only interested in making extra cash... honestly thanks for nothing. I applaud your work for creating these devices but in the end it's for cash not the love of the games or gaming.

First of all, the AA price is $95 which is I think cheaper than what RetroHQ sold them a few years ago, ha ha.  AA doesn't price gouge.  Stone Age doesn't either.  Secondly, they were not being sold for "2 years" as you complain, so it wasn't like you could have gotten them elsewhere and stayed on the waiting list for nothing.  Lastly, SainT himself declared once he had a bit of a burnout, and needed to outsource, that it was possible this current solution was going to happen.  Also, the only wait list for pre-order on his site was for the Jag cart, not the Lynx.  The Lynx waiting list here was not binding at all, which is what I kept saying. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Black0Panther said:

So sitting on the waiting list for 2 years now did me crap. Also now going to 3rd party vendors or people now who can adjust the price to fit there best intrests resell. 100% not liking where this is going. With other people selling them. There will be price increases. Do you not realize this. They will charge people more because they know they can. Been gaming since atari 2600 days. Soon as its seen hard to find or rare or limited. The price tripples.  Kind of pissed off after waiting patiently for so long.  Now I have to go through a collector or another body only interested in making extra cash... honestly thanks for nothing. I applaud your work for creating these devices but in the end it's for cash not the love of the games or gaming.

 

Price is the same as it would have been from me.

 

The whole point of doing this is so people wont have to wait anymore -- I completely appreciate waiting is a complete pain in the ass. The only person losing out in this equation, as it were, is me. I lose quite a lot of money per cart, however it's a trade-off. It allows me to have more time to develop new hardware and actually get my products out there.

 

While you were waiting, I've also redeveloped the Lynx cart such that it is much faster loading games (sub 1 second for 512K games), has EEPROM support for homebrew, and the same cart also now fits in Lynx 1&2 with a nice, high quality laser sintered nylon shell.

Edited by SainT
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SainT said:

I'm sorry, this has gotten rather confusing.

 

The situation is that I will ship *some* (I don't know how many, 50, 100, really not sure!) carts myself as I just want to be sure everything is working perfectly with the new firmware update system. Once I'm happy with this, they will be sold via resellers only.

 

It's a pain trying to "transfer" any pre-orders due to data protection, so it's probably best bet to just sign up to AA as well even if you have an active order with me. You wont accidentally get two, or be charged without contact, so don't worry about that.

 

The plan (as ever) is to produce products in enough volume that all these pre-orders and waiting lists are a thing of the past. I will be at this point shortly with the NeoPocket cart, and others will follow.

 

It's been a rather long and protracted journey to get to this point, but as ever, things are moving in the right direction.

 

Ffs, I've just realised I've posted this in the wrong bloody thread. This is relating to the Jaguar GD.

 

The LynxGD will be available direct from AtariAge, I will not be dealing with any retail sales of this card.

 

Man alive, talk about confusing things further.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, vio said:

Hi,

Is it too late to ba added to the preorder list ?

Thanks.

 

See this post --

 

I've ordered the first initial small (x100) run already, these will hopefully be available for sale here at AA in around 4-6 weeks. Similarly to Jaguar GD (mentioned in the incorrectly posted message before!), I'm doing a small run initially just to make sure everything is 100%. While its been thoroughly tested and is proven from the original cart, I am always cautious.

 

Good volumes of stock will then be maintained from then in.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Alexs said:

SainT, how will the lynx GD compare to Bennvenn's cart? 

 

I know nothing about it other than it's apparently going to be cheap and its not available yet.

 

Mine supports all commercial and homebrew titles in all formats (O,LYX,LNX) as well as EEPROM saves (direct to memory card) for games which support it and it will load the largest of games in under a second.

 

And it has a nice menu for selecting games. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hastor said:

You haven't been keeping up.... He's always made these himself, for little profit compared to his other job, through health problems. This was all done for his own sanity and health as he can't assemble the demand himself and still have a life. Here's going with good retailers and the supply, now being made by more than one person, will be plentiful and constant. Sure they'll make a profit but it won't be ridiculous or I don't think he'd work with them.

 

These are moves that makes things like waiting on a list for years a thing of the past once they are stocked. Be glad he's taking care of himself as he did consider just giving it all up and not making any more carts at all. He likes designing this stuff not assembling it, and it is a hobby not his main income, though it would be awesome if this allowed him to focus on it more.

I understand w

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Black0Panther said:

So how do we pre order this or just keep waiting? So confusing..

 

 

Check this post (Click on the blue bit at the top! The link below it seems to take you back to the first page) --

 

Sorry, this has been an ongoing project for some time. It's now just migrating from this forum thread into being something more maintainable from my perspective, having retailers dealing with actual sales.

 

As I have mentioned before, having a few different products and trying to keep them all active while developing new ones has just become impossible for a single person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SainT said:

The LynxGD will be available direct from AtariAge, I will not be dealing with any retail sales of this card.

Is AA Store going to be the sole retailer for Lynx/Jag GD's worldwide or just USA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

Is AA Store going to be the sole retailer for Lynx/Jag GD's worldwide or just USA?

DragonBox in Europe (Germany) and I’ll sort something for the UK. And most likely others at a later date, but at the moment I’m trying to get to a point where at least one retailer has stock! Then work from there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, McCarseat said:

Very excited for this! Just curious about how you access games. Is there a Menu when you boot up?

Yes, it's very much the same as other carts of this type for other systems.

 

There's a quick clip of the menu system here --

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2020 at 4:42 PM, SainT said:

 

I know nothing about it other than it's apparently going to be cheap and its not available yet.

 

Mine supports all commercial and homebrew titles in all formats (O,LYX,LNX) as well as EEPROM saves (direct to memory card) for games which support it and it will load the largest of games in under a second.

 

And it has a nice menu for selecting games. :)

Do you need pad the ROMs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...