IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

I think over 150 before he started the list and it's still in production so just say you want one, you'll be added to the list. Your turn will come eventuallly, maybe this year.

I would love to have the cart,but sadly i don't have money for it,aslo the exchange rate for dollar here in Venezuela is expenssive as all hell :(

Very excited to see "dispatched" next to my name. I'm guessing that it should have been a July date instead of a June date, but that doesn't really matter.

Crap, thanks for pointing that out! Would help if I got the month right... d'oh. Corrected.

More carts going out tomorrow for those who paid at the end of last week. I've had a few days of complete exhaustion which has delayed me, but I'm back with it again now. If ever I go quiet for a few days, as I do from time to time, it'll be because I'm knackered. :)

• Like 1

That's what I figured, but it's not a big deal.

At first I was trying to figure out if I was reading it correctly. We put our dates in a different order here in the states (MM/DD/YY). Of course, our version makes less sense then the version that the rest of the world uses, but that's pretty common for the US (sort of like the US vs metric system).

• Like 1

Jesus,first time looking this topic and i wonder how many preordered because the list is ridiculously long XD

Something around 120 have shipped out I think, but I have a good load ready here and another batch coming in from the PCB fab house, so I have a good stream going now. I would have shipped a lot more if it weren't for the odd bout of complete fatigue which buggers me. Stupid weak human flesh, I need a fancy new robot body. :)

• Like 2

Hello How about a second preorder ? (i had one yet...) Is that possible ?

I have a good supply chain going on at the moment, so I'm happy to sent out a couple of carts if people want. I'm not doing any "bulk" orders atm (for resale etc...), as I want to get through everyone as quickly as I can, but a couple isn't going to slow that down.

ouch .. 30 pages for this marvelous card for lynx

i'm late in the post but is it possible to had me on the waiting list ?

Added! I've nearly got through half the list now -- I've got a lot out these last couple of weeks. I have more carts being made in China as we speak as well.

• Like 3

SainT, listen to your body, it's the only one you've got. Don't let the pressure get you....I know what it can do....

We are all very enthusiastic and eager (and I was lucky (and also smart enough ;);)) to jump on the list very early) but personally I wouldn't have mind having to wait a bit longer if it had prevented your fatigue "crash". .....

Take care, nobody would benefit if you burn out on this project....and again, thanks !

• Like 1

@SainT

Quick question for you. I know you can hold down A to reload the previous loaded cartridge, but why would the cartridge have to go through "Programming" all over again to reload what was already loaded? It seems both slower and also a waste of a flash cycle.

Just curious if this is a requirement or if there is some room for improvement there?

Thanks again!

Hi saint, it would be nice if you update the firmware were you use the pause button to load the last game rather then use the A button to avoid confusion,so let's say' the A button should be used to get to the next page while the. B button should,ve to be used to go to the previouse page,

The pause button should,ve to be used to select the last loaded game.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2016 at 5:22 PM, cowdog360 said:

@SainT

Quick question for you. I know you can hold down A to reload the previous loaded cartridge, but why would the cartridge have to go through "Programming" all over again to reload what was already loaded? It seems both slower and also a waste of a flash cycle.

Just curious if this is a requirement or if there is some room for improvement there?

Thanks again!

The Lynx cart is based on SRAM, not FLASH. So there is no persistent data apart from what is on the memory card. The menu is initially loaded into SRAM, then executed, then whatever game you want is loaded and executed.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 1

Hi saint, it would be nice if you update the firmware were you use the pause button to load the last game rather then use the A button to avoid confusion,so let's say' the A button should be used to get to the next page while the. B button should,ve to be used to go to the previouse page,

The pause button should,ve to be used to select the last loaded game.

Yep, certainly could do it from option1. Would mean you could press that at any point, rather than hold down while booting as it is now.

The LynxSD is based on SRAM, not FLASH. So there is no persistent data apart from what is on the SD card. The menu is initially loaded into SRAM, then executed, then whatever game you want is loaded and executed.

Ah, pretty cool. So you really wouldn't have to worry about the flash wearing out then. Slick!