IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

Managed to pick one of these up but... when I turn it on it goes to a black screen for a good while then eventually loads a game. There's an SD card in it which I'm told is already prepped and loaded with games but how do I get to a menu for them? Is there a way?

When you insert the cart it should come up with 'insert game' for a short period (couple of seconds) before coming up with a menu to select the game from the memory card. If the cart loads a game up without displaying the menu then it sounds like something odd is going on. If this cart was from me (I don't provide any games on the memory card, so I'm not sure by the above description?) then it's all setup and will boot to the menu. If it isn't, then you'll need to make sure the menu.bin and other menu files are on the memory card (see the first post in this thread for the menu files).

It could be your option button is stuck down... I think if you hold down option as you boot it loads the last played game... (I don't have the source code to hand to check, but I think that's correct).

Edited by SainT
  • Like 1

When you insert the cart it should come up with 'insert game' for a short period (couple of seconds) before coming up with a menu to select the game from the SD card. If the cart loads a game up without displaying the menu then it sounds like something odd is going on. If this cart was from me (I don't provide any games on the SD, so I'm not sure by the above description?) then it's all setup and will boot to the menu. If it isn't, then you'll need to make sure the menu.bin and other menu files are on the SD card (see the first post in this thread for the menu files).

It could be your option button is stuck down... I think if you hold down option as you boot it loads the last played game... (I don't have the source code to hand to check, but I think that's correct).

I wonder if there were screenshot files on it? If so, maybe they are seeing the screenshot of the first game on the list, and thinking it is the actual title screen? It has caught me off guard a couple of times.

When you insert the cart it should come up with 'insert game' for a short period (couple of seconds) before coming up with a menu to select the game from the SD card. If the cart loads a game up without displaying the menu then it sounds like something odd is going on. If this cart was from me (I don't provide any games on the SD, so I'm not sure by the above description?) then it's all setup and will boot to the menu. If it isn't, then you'll need to make sure the menu.bin and other menu files are on the SD card (see the first post in this thread for the menu files).

Backed up files

Tried the new menu.bin

Reformatted (FAT)

Tried new menu.bin etc

Put ROM files back on

I once got it to the 'insert game' screen, but not again.