IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

On 1/7/2018 at 6:29 PM, tanooki2017 said:

He's definitely going to have his work cut out for himself. Maybe he might want to consider hiring some people to help out with the manufacturing and processing.

Your not kidding... :-o

I have NeoGeo Pocket and Lynx active and Jag in the works. So there's a lot going on!

Edited by SainT
  • Like 1

Hi SainT.

Did you say NeoGeo Pocket SD? How do I get on that list? :D

Thanks.

http://www.retrohq.co.uk/neogeo-pocket-pre-order

As ever, there's a bit of a wait... :roll:

I've been trying to sort out my 3D printing setup, but the cold weather over here is causing me pain. I've built a heated enclosure for the printers, just need to get it all setup properly then I can print a shit-load of shells out. Time seems to be such a scarce commodity.... :(

http://www.retrohq.co.uk/neogeo-pocket-pre-order

As ever, there's a bit of a wait... icon_rolleyes.gif

I've been trying to sort out my 3D printing setup, but the cold weather over here is causing me pain. I've built a heated enclosure for the printers, just need to get it all setup properly then I can print a shit-load of shells out. Time seems to be such a scarce commodity.... icon_sad.gif

Sounds good, thank you.

And just so people are aware, the price has gone up a bit. Sorry. :( This added to the first post --

From Jan 2018 the price is increasing from £65 to £70 (UK pounds) due to exchange rate changes, price of components and availability of cheap memory card all causing increased costs for some time. I've been absorbing it until now, but costs just seem to keep rising. :(

The UKP/USD exchange rate plummeted after the UK voting to leave the European Union (although has recovered a bit) and I pay for PCB production in USD. The cost of SRAM and memory card have also gone up a lot.

Edited by SainT

And just so people are aware, the price has gone up a bit. Sorry. :( This added to the first post --

From Jan 2018 the price is increasing from £65 to £70 (UK pounds) due to exchange rate changes, price of components and availability of cheap SD cards all causing increased costs for some time. I've been absorbing it until now, but costs just seem to keep rising. :(

The UKP/USD exchange rate plummeted after the UK voting to leave the European Union (although has recovered a bit) and I pay for PCB production in USD. The cost of SRAM and SD cards have also gone up a lot.

Sounds fair to me! Thanks for getting the list updated--I'm eagerly awaiting my turn ;)

Edited by Phlibbit
  • Like 1

I see the Lynx software in the start post. What about the PIC (correct?) SW?

Can it be updated?

Do you plan to open this as well?

No, that's staying closed. Keeping that closed is the only IP protection I have, as the board is otherwise off the shelf parts.

No, that's staying closed. Keeping that closed is the only IP protection I have, as the board is otherwise off the shelf parts.

I see the Lynx software in the start post. What about the PIC (correct?) SW?

Can it be updated?

Do you plan to open this as well?

Hi guys. The above exchange confused me a bit. Are you saying that the source code is available for an earlier version of the menu/browsing software, but the latest version is closed source due to IP (since hw is off the shelf)?

I assume the cards are shipping with the latest version (non downloadable), correct? Is anyone running a 3rd party version of the browsing software? If yes, is it possible to revert back to the original?

Probably stupid questions, but my card is in the mail and I haven't had the chance to play with it yet, so all I can do is speculate. :D Thanks for clarifying!

Edited by IlChengis

Hi guys. The above exchange confused me a bit. Are you saying that the source code is available for an earlier version of the menu/browsing software, but the latest version is closed source due to IP (since hw is off the shelf)?

I was referring to the software which runs in the PIC on the card which handles the "real" FATFS and copying from SD card to SRAM (as far as I understand). Not the software which runs on the Lynx. Just look into the source (1st post). The PIC receives commands from the Lynx.

If the PIC software would be open/could be replaced, there would be room for more (like off-loading calculations) features besides the filesystem.

I was referring to the software which runs in the PIC on the card which handles the "real" FATFS and copying from SD card to SRAM (as far as I understand). Not the software which runs on the Lynx. Just look into the source (1st post). The PIC receives commands from the Lynx.

If the PIC software would be open/could be replaced, there would be room for more (like off-loading calculations) features besides the filesystem.

Maybe you could help me out with giving me a bit more background to this flashcard -

How compatible is it with the original games and homebrew titles? Is it 100%? I have a really old flash cart of sorts and it has Raiden on it which goes wonky after the game ends, and I never did find out whether that was the flash cart or the bin file that was responsible. The main thing is though - is it 100% compatible with the commercial releases of the day?

Does the speed of loading games depend on the size of the games? If so, how long are the loading times?

I'm guessing the answer to this one is 'no', but can you make snapshots of Lynx games to save your position?

Thanks for reading.

Maybe you could help me out with giving me a bit more background to this flashcard -

How compatible is it with the original games and homebrew titles? Is it 100%? I have a really old flash cart of sorts and it has Raiden on it which goes wonky after the game ends, and I never did find out whether that was the flash cart or the bin file that was responsible. The main thing is though - is it 100% compatible with the commercial releases of the day?

Does the speed of loading games depend on the size of the games? If so, how long are the loading times?

I'm guessing the answer to this one is 'no', but can you make snapshots of Lynx games to save your position?

Thanks for reading.

As posted last time you asked --

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/250637-lynx-multi-card-preorders/page-1

Have a read of the first post, watch the many review videos, etc...

Ok, thanks for clarifying.