IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

The max is 512k because the wires required for larger carts are in use for communicating with the SD cart.

That is also a reason why you could not play multi-rom games on a SD cart. Example "Alpine Games"

• Like 1

The max is 512k because the wires required for larger carts are in use for communicating with the SD cart.

That is also a reason why you could not play multi-rom games on a SD cart. Example "Alpine Games"

Technically it's 1mb, by using the AUDIN pin to bank switch, but I'm, not aware anything has used it!

Technically it's 1mb, by using the AUDIN pin to bank switch, but I'm, not aware anything has used it!

is there any technical/programming documentation about your Multi Card? In addition to a max cartridge size I wonder about usage CE1, AUDIN, EEPROM or just write to the cart, ect. Edited by Cyprian_K

The menu and library code for using the cart is linked in the first post of this thread. This lets you program files from the memory card to the SRAM cartridge space.

There's no details on the bank switching, as nothing has used it, but just set the AUDIN pin to 0 to select the first 512K and 1 to select the 2nd if you want to use 1MB. I believe there are some games out there which are 1MB and use this method, although I don't know which! For all cart images I program them multiply over the whole memory range such that regardless of bank setting or memory addressing you use, it behaves correctly.

Edited by SainT

Hi SainT,

I put in a request back on March 18th, 2019 hoping to get added to the list. I haven't been added to the last two updates to the list or recieved a PM. I know there are lots of people that want one, and I'm more than happy to wait my turn. I just don't want to get left out. I have a McWill modded Lynx II that would love one of the Lynx II cased carts.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I've not updated the list in the first post in a while, you've not been missed!

And, a bit of an update on everything RetroHQ... !

Things from the outside look like they've ground to a halt recently, but quite the opposite has been going on behind the scenes. I've been working flat out to get a new website / shop sorted out so I can handle pre-orders and orders efficiently. This is now finally up and running (https://new.retrohq.co.uk), and I'm moving over the existing NeoGeo Pocket GD pre-orders now. Once I'm happy everything is working properly (I'm having some issues with PayPal at the moment I'm trying to get them to resolve!), then I will also move over the Lynx pre-orders to the shop.

The overall goal is to move production and sales of all carts out of my hands. I've got a friend handling production of the NGPSD carts now, and very shortly this will also include the sales side from the shop as well. This frees my time up immensely and means production and sales can be handled much more quickly as well.

I have finally started doing some "proper" work again now on the JagGD, and the Lynx will follow shortly as well. My longer term goal is to do a V2 of the Lynx cart which has faster load times and is compatible with the Lynx 1&2 using a new selective laser sintered nylon shell (like the NGPGD has). But more immediately I just need to get some more PCB's and start shifting the pre-orders again!

So, sorry for the apparently lack of activity here. It couldn't be further from the truth... :lol:

Oh, and if you're not following me on Twitter and would like to see more regular updates on what I'm upto, please have a look here -- https://twitter.com/TheRetroHQ :)

Edited by SainT
  • Like 3

I've not updated the list in the first post in a while, you've not been missed!

And, a bit of an update on everything RetroHQ... !

Things from the outside look like they've ground to a halt recently, but quite the opposite has been going on behind the scenes. I've been working flat out to get a new website / shop sorted out so I can handle pre-orders and orders efficiently. This is now finally up and running (https://new.retrohq.co.uk), and I'm moving over the existing NeoGeo Pocket SD pre-orders now. Once I'm happy everything is working properly (I'm having some issues with PayPal at the moment I'm trying to get them to resolve!), then I will also move over the LynxSD pre-orders to the shop.

The overall goal is to move production and sales of all carts out of my hands. I've got a friend handling production of the NGPSD carts now, and very shortly this will also include the sales side from the shop as well. This frees my time up immensely and means production and sales can be handled much more quickly as well.

I have finally started doing some "proper" work again now on the JagSD, and the LynxSD will follow shortly as well. My longer term goal is to do a V2 of the LynxSD which has faster load times and is compatible with the Lynx 1&2 using a new selective laser sintered nylon shell (like the NGPSD has). But more immediately I just need to get some more PCB's and start shifting the pre-orders again!

So, sorry for the apparently lack of activity here. It couldn't be further from the truth... :lol:

Oh, and if you're not following me on Twitter and would like to see more regular updates on what I'm upto, please have a look here -- https://twitter.com/TheRetroHQ :)

Does that mean once stock comes into your store for the Lynx SD, I can simply order it from the site? I really would like to know, so that I can plan ahead accordingly.

Does that mean once stock comes into your store for the Lynx SD, I can simply order it from the site? I really would like to know, so that I can plan ahead accordingly.

Yes.

Although I will deal with all people who have expressed an interest first (ie. the people in this thread).