IGNORED

Anyone Want to donate to help get my game on steam greenlight

https://www.gofundme.com/9hv72w7wAccording to the headline for the fourm, "To discuss PC games and browser games." But couldn't find the section where that was so I'm posting it here. It's for a game called Muppy The Bunny : Light V.S Dark. If you would please donate it would be great. The steam greenlight fee is $100, and thats what I need.

Edited by superskyphoenix03

https://www.gofundme.com/9hv72w7wAccording to the headline for the fourm, "To discuss PC games and browser games." But couldn't find the section where that was so I'm posting it here. It's for a game called Muppy The Bunny : Light V.S Dark. If you would please donate it would be great. The steam greenlight fee is $100, and thats what I need.

Backin89!?!?

:ponder:

• Like 1

I can't/IDK where.Also give a valid reason why it's crap.

To be fair, you wander into this forum and beg for money for a game without giving any information on what the game is, what it does, or why we should care. Beyond that you have no screenshots, no concept art, not even the faintest whiff of anything about the game at all. Your other topic is telling us to buy an Xbox that's listed for way more than it's actually worth. So really why should we support you? What have you contributed to this community that would make us apt to help you out? I get that you may not have tons of money laying around, so do what other people do: save up until you have that money. I'm not rolling in cash, but you don't see me going around begging for money on forums.

Hell, one of your other topics even directs people to another (now removed) GoFundMe page. It's insulting if anything that you think we're stupid enough to piss away our hard-earned money and receive absolutely nothing in return for it. If you had a demo, a video, even a freaking screenshot it might be different but you literally have zilch to show us. Like I said, that's just insulting to me.

*ahem* on another note, I'm starting a GoFundMe soon for my new game "Super Awesome Mega Mario Zelda Halo Sony Adventure". I have the whole game written down on a dirty napkin, I'll need a meagre $100,000 for development costs then another $250,000 for marketing, but I promise it's gonna be a hit! Make sure to donate, like, comment, and subscribe!

• Like 4

To be fair, you wander into this forum and beg for money for a game without giving any information on what the game is, what it does, or why we should care. Beyond that you have no screenshots, no concept art, not even the faintest whiff of anything about the game at all. Your other topic is telling us to buy an Xbox that's listed for way more than it's actually worth. So really why should we support you? What have you contributed to this community that would make us apt to help you out? I get that you may not have tons of money laying around, so do what other people do: save up until you have that money. I'm not rolling in cash, but you don't see me going around begging for money on forums.

Hell, one of your other topics even directs people to another (now removed) GoFundMe page. It's insulting if anything that you think we're stupid enough to piss away our hard-earned money and receive absolutely nothing in return for it. If you had a demo, a video, even a freaking screenshot it might be different but you literally have zilch to show us. Like I said, that's just insulting to me.

*ahem* on another note, I'm starting a GoFundMe soon for my new game "Super Awesome Mega Mario Zelda Halo Sony Adventure". I have the whole game written down on a dirty napkin, I'll need a meagre $100,000 for development costs then another $250,000 for marketing, but I promise it's gonna be a hit! Make sure to donate, like, comment, and subscribe!

I keep forgetting to add the trailer

(The footage is old as crap) There is also this but you have to skip to 1:21 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esz3XMdob2k.

Its harsh, but I'll say it. At best you will get low 10s of sales on Steam for that game (if that). There are considerably more polished games compared to yours, and you are competing against all of them for a sale. My advice would be to publish it for free and then work on a few more free games to get some more experience before moving things onto Steam.

• Like 1

Its harsh, but I'll say it. At best you will get low 10s of sales on Steam for that game (if that). There are considerably more polished games compared to yours, and you are competing against all of them for a sale. My advice would be to publish it for free and then work on a few more free games to get some more experience before moving things onto Steam.

It's in beta, so in other words I can still polish/add in anything you guys recommend, I. I'm also needing opinions on the "3d sprites" or the 2d sprites for the main character(Aka Muppy).Also I have been wroking on games for two years, Plus most people don't know this but I made my first game back in 2014(I was 13 at the time).So I have a lot to learn and I'm still in high school. I also learned three programming langues Known as C++,#C,ASM,and the smallest bit of visual basic.(my first ASM project was an Operating system). You can find my first game here:

Edited by superskyphoenix03

So I have a lot to learn and I'm still in high school.

Keep at it then and don't give up. A young guy did a game called Unturned that's on Steam and put a ton of work into it. It's free to play so check it out. I've never made a game before and I'm 30 next year so you have me beat. But to echo what has been said before, do a few games as free to play so you can learn and get valuable feedback from people.

Edited by xenomorpher

Keep at it then and don't give up. A young guy did a game called Unturned that's on Steam and put a ton of work into it. It's free to play so check it out. I've never made a game before and I'm 30 next year so you have me beat. But to echo what has been said before, do a few games as free to play so you can learn and get valuable feedback from people

Good job to him/her.What's it called I would like to play.Also click the YouTube video that I posted for those who think the game is unpolished(I was 13 when I made that).

I'm still in high school

My other advice would be:

• Forget making money on games until you get to your early 20s.
  • Find other kids in school to help you out e.g. get somebody for pixel work, a musician and maybe another programmer.
  • Although you can accomplish something as a lone wolf, you'll get a lot more satisfaction from working in a team.
  • Brainstorm game ideas with your friends.
  • Accept your limitations. With more experience comes the ability to tackle bigger problems.
Finally but most importantly... Have fun!
  • Like 1

My other advice would be:

• Forget making money on games until you get to your early 20s.
  • Find other kids in school to help you out e.g. get somebody for pixel work, a musician and maybe another programmer.
  • Although you can accomplish something as a lone wolf, you'll get a lot more satisfaction from working in a team.
  • Brainstorm game ideas with your friends.
  • Accept your limitations. With more experience comes the ability to tackle bigger problems.
Finally but most importantly... Have fun!

Yeah I'm trying to get a "song composer" as I call them(my sister's boyfriend is one and he does it for free). so thats covered. I have only one friend at school(as I have trouble socializing when it's not online). and she's not in to gaming.I do accept my limitations.I just have experience w/ platformer games though.My latest one was a remake of the youtube video(it sucked still).However I do need a way to make money and that is where I come into(Money doesn't Grow on tree's).And my family is kinda poor. so I'm working on other games to try(I also invented the world's smallest game console, but it's private).

Guys, I just remade the game in Gm studio and published it in the Gm studio workshop.There is no need to continue the thread.

If you decide you want it get Game Maker Studio here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/214850/Then go to this page : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=651328203 (do this in steam or it will not work).