IGNORED

How to install TI-99/4A (TI-99/SIM) on RetroPie v3.6 (Raspberry Pi2 or Pi3)

globeron

Now if there was a way to "select" disk images like in the old version of MESS or something like that. I really don't want to have to keep editing the es_systems.cfg file to "insert" disks into the "drive(s)" by adding "--dskn=<filename>" to this file also.

Just so I'm clear, where are you storing your disk image in order to execute the above? I'm following the same procedure with my image stored in the ROM folder, should I be saving the disk image somewhere else?

Just so I'm clear, where are you storing your disk image in order to execute the above? I'm following the same procedure with my image stored in the ROM folder, should I be saving the disk image somewhere else?

I will check mine, but it won't be until tomorrow.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i was looking for this thread last night- im going to try to set up a pi3 running the TI software for my aunt.

It seems like it would be the best solution without a ton of hardware for her to get her TI fix. She's just not interested in having a bunch of the stuff around anymore :)

Let me know, I have a link on dropbox, save it to 8gb SD-MICRO with all installed. Recently I moved to back to The Netherlands and at the TI-GG did a demo next meeting will do a workshop.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Struggling with Raspberry Pi 3b+, TI99SIM Version 0.15.0 and Retropie 4.14.30-v7+

Followed the instructions, but they are for image 14, not 15 that I got a hold of. Or to say it in another way. The manual "http://www.globeron.com/freedownload/services/TI99/TI-99-Sim-Installation-on-RaspberryPI2ModelB-RetroPieV381-DocV2.pdf"is not up to date.

So I finally got all the carts to show up, but not a singel one will "play". Got 208 carts and also tried to scrap them, but nothing.

Anyone done this lately, with the updated versions?

Struggling with Raspberry Pi 3b+, TI99SIM Version 0.15.0 and Retropie 4.14.30-v7+

Followed the instructions, but they are for image 14, not 15 that I got a hold of. Or to say it in another way. The manual "http://www.globeron.com/freedownload/services/TI99/TI-99-Sim-Installation-on-RaspberryPI2ModelB-RetroPieV381-DocV2.pdf"is not up to date.

So I finally got all the carts to show up, but not a singel one will "play". Got 208 carts and also tried to scrap them, but nothing.

I'm sure the developer of ti99sim is busy. I do remember I had to work at it to get it to work on v 0.14 and RetroPie 3.7 a bit as things changed. I have another raspberry Pi 3 B+ sitting in the box. let me see if I can get it to work with version 0.15 and RP 4.14... and document it.

I have not updated it with the 0.15 version (simply got a bit too busy, but it should be the same),

but I have a complete image to burn on a SD and good to go (with 0.14 on it).

There is also someone who used the script to install it directly from RPI, that works, but I noticed that the development piece is than missing

and need to install the software to do cartridge conversions, etc.

I got it to work, but I C&P files all over :P Not sure what was the stuff that made it work.

Tried to Scrap the games, not a singel game was.

BUT I got to play!

Would love to test a complete image, if you have for download.

The rom files for the 4a need to go into the /opt/ti99sim/console directory and the cartridges go in /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ti99sim

• 9 months later...

Hello,

i try to install TI99SIM on a Raspberry Pi4 with RetroPi 4.5.1.

At instruction number 7 i get this error:

7. root@retropie:/opt/ti99sim/bin# cd /opt/ti99sim/bin
ti99sim-sdl

fehler.jpg

P.S: Click me for instructions to install RetroPi 4.5.1 on RPi4

That instruction makes some troubles:

-Install „Raspbian Buster with desktop and recommended software".

-Use instead the instructions at points 4, 5, 6 and 7 this:

git clone --branch fkms_rpi4 --depth=1 https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup.git

cd RetroPie-Setup

sudo ./retropie_setup.sh

Make everything at your own risk. ?

Edited by Sid1968

On 10/21/2019 at 8:08 AM, Sid1968 said:

Hello,

i try to install TI99SIM on a Raspberry Pi4 with RetroPi 4.5.1.

At instruction number 7 i get this error:

7. root@retropie:/opt/ti99sim/bin# cd /opt/ti99sim/bin
ti99sim-sdl

fehler.jpg

P.S: Click me for instructions to install RetroPi 4.5.1 on RPi4

That instruction makes some troubles:

-Install „Raspbian Buster with desktop and recommended software".

-Use instead the instructions at points 4, 5, 6 and 7 this:

git clone --branch fkms_rpi4 --depth=1 https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup.git

cd RetroPie-Setup

sudo ./retropie_setup.sh

Make everything at your own risk. ?

missing libssl1 library..    http://usefulramblings.org/?page_id=4147

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2019 at 2:28 AM, arcadeshopper said:

missing libssl1 library..    http://usefulramblings.org/?page_id=4147

Thank you mate, but i had no success. Look yourself...

fehler2.jpg

Its says that the searched libssl1 is already installed (installiert), while saying libssl.so.1.0.0 is still missing.

Edited by Sid1968

8 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

Notice the version numbers? You need the version it was compiled with or to compile from source yourself

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I compiled it on my RPi4 in doing the first three steps of this thread... with version 0.15

-------------------------------------------------

1. download armv7 image from
http://www.mrousseau.org/programs/ti99sim/archives/

http://www.mrousseau.org/programs/ti99sim/archives/ti99sim-0.13.0.armhf.tar.gz (use the "ARM" version, because Raspberry Pi is armv7)

2. upload the file to the /pi directory
use FTP

3. SSH into the raspberry pie
unzip the file: tar xf ti99sim-0.13.0.armhf.tar.gz
(or try tar -xvzf ti99sim-0.13.0.armhf.tar.gz)

cd ti99sim-0.13.0

make install

--------------------------------------------------------

Yes i noticed the different Versionnumbers. Normally higher versions should be no problem, but its worth a try. Question is where to get one and where to copy it?

Edited by Sid1968

I compiled it on my RPi4 in doing the first three steps of this thread... with version 0.15

-------------------------------------------------
1. download armv7 image from
http://www.mrousseau.org/programs/ti99sim/archives/
http://www.mrousseau.org/programs/ti99sim/archives/ti99sim-0.13.0.armhf.tar.gz (use the "ARM" version, because Raspberry Pi is armv7)

2. upload the file to the /pi directory
use FTP

3. SSH into the raspberry pie
unzip the file: tar xf ti99sim-0.13.0.armhf.tar.gz
(or try tar -xvzf ti99sim-0.13.0.armhf.tar.gz)
cd ti99sim-0.13.0
make install
--------------------------------------------------------

Yes i noticed the different Versionnumbers. Normally higher versions should be no problem, but its worth a try. Question is where to get one and where to copy it?
I've had success making a link with the filename it's looking for pointing to the newer version file..

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

I've had success making a link with the filename it's looking for pointing to the newer version file..

I dont understand what you did...

... I just downloaded the ti99sim-0.15.0.src.tar and try to compile that. Its the sourcefile.

Edited by Sid1968

1. How would that look exactly with libssl1?

2. I had success by compiling the source file. The error is gone.. but i got a new one. "Unable to locate console ROM!"

The folder "/opt/ti99sim/roms/" exists with the roms in it.

Edited by Sid1968

13 hours ago, Sid1968 said:

1. How would that look exactly with libssl1?

2. I had success by compiling the source file. The error is gone.. but i got a new one. "Unable to locate console ROM!"

The folder "/opt/ti99sim/roms/" exists with the roms in it.

Hey you took my suggestion and it worked :)  good.. when you recompile you used what you had instead of what he had when he compiled..

did you convert the roms to the right format or use existing ti99sim rom files?  if not then that's likely why its not working, cant be .bin files.they must be converted.. if not then maybe the wrong directory?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

Hey you took my suggestion and it worked :)  good.. when you recompile you used what you had instead of what he had when he compiled..

did you convert the roms to the right format or use existing ti99sim rom files?  if not then that's likely why its not working, cant be .bin files.they must be converted.. if not then maybe the wrong directory?

Look at this screenshot. The "mc"-Tool shows the folders "/opt/ti99sim/roms" (content was copied to " /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS" too) and "/media/usbstick/rom/ti99sim".

mc.jpg

And this is how I edited the es_systems.cfg:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<system>
    <name>ti99</name>
    <fullname>TI-99/4A</fullname>
    <path>/media/usbstick/roms/ti99sim</path>
    <extension>.ctg</extension>
    <command>/opt/ti99sim/bin/ti99sim-sdl -f %ROM%</command>
    <platform>ti99</platform>
    <theme>ti99</theme>
    <directlaunch/>
  </system>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the RetroPie Userinterface the TI-99/4A is listed. A click and i see all files i copied to "/media/usbstick/rom/ti99sim".

Choosing one file brings me a black screen with the message "Unable to locate console ROM!".

Dont know what to do...

Edited by Sid1968