IGNORED

Looking for folks selling Gamecube games

Unbeliever

Hi, folks. At this point, I believe I am going to begin to collect for my Gamecube. At this moment I have two games for it but would like to have more. I'm not buying right now, but I need some names for some of you out there that sell Gamecube games from time to time.

For types of games, the usual avoidance of sports games unless Mario is in them. 1st party is great, 3rd party is fine as well. My only two games I have right now are Tales of Symphonia and Animal Crossing. I would also be interested in a larger card (the only one I have is the one that came with Animal Crossing, so you can imagine I have very little space.

I would be willing to hit you up (PM) from time to time and ask if you have anything to sell. Please let me know who you are so I can make contact for a good Gamecube game source.

Thank you!

You're picking a bad time to buy gc. Prices are high right now. My old neighbor just asked me a few days ago what I had. I texted a pic and he said his friend wanted almost all and asked how much. After I replied $85 for 4 games he never replied back LOL.

I decided to just drop them on ebay with 2 other games and sold them for $140 within 2 hrs.

Hi, folks. At this point, I believe I am going to begin to collect for my Gamecube. At this moment I have two games for it but would like to have more. I'm not buying right now, but I need some names for some of you out there that sell Gamecube games from time to time.

For types of games, the usual avoidance of sports games unless Mario is in them. 1st party is great, 3rd party is fine as well. My only two games I have right now are Tales of Symphonia and Animal Crossing. I would also be interested in a larger card (the only one I have is the one that came with Animal Crossing, so you can imagine I have very little space.

I would be willing to hit you up (PM) from time to time and ask if you have anything to sell. Please let me know who you are so I can make contact for a good Gamecube game source.

Thank you!

Funny thing is that the rarest game for the gamecube happens to be a sports game. :)

Will there ever be a good time to buy GC games, especially 1st-party titles? Maybe I should wait a bit, then, since prices are so high and everything seems to be really popular right now. My timing usually is bad on trying to collect for this system.

Mayhem, thank you for the list. I'll go through it again (gave it a quick skim) a little later and see if anything peaks my interest. Thanks for the replies and advice.

As for the comments above, it really depends on WHAT Cube games are being talked about. Yes, first party (Nintendo) titles and some third party games are shooting back up in price again. Others... well, especially sports games in general hah hah, my experiences trying to sell them so far (privately and on eBay) belie that it's going to be a struggle to shift them! So don't be misled that ALL Cube games are suddenly hot property, they are NOT.

As you probably saw WolfPaw, most of what I'm selling, I'm not asking that much for really. Because that's what the titles are about worth, according to research and looking at eBay completed listings. Get back to me when you've had a proper look through and decide if there's anything there you want. The more you want, the better the shipping will be in general too, considering where I live, and I know how much it costs to send various amounts of games across the Pond.

Funny thing is that the rarest game for the gamecube happens to be a sports game. :)

Define "game". The rarest title, and certainly the one that goes for most money, is a complete copy of Pokemon Box. It was only available from the Pokemon online shop or the Pokemon store in NY (which is now the general Nintendo World store instead). Really wish I could go back in time and order more than the two copies I did for $20 when it was new heh...

But I'm guessing the game you are referring to here is NCAA College Basketball 2k3. My copy sold for $100, which wasn't too bad. Especially as I bought it for $20 originally (found it used in a Gamestop!).

Having said that, my copy of the Metroid Prime / Wind Waker double pack-in sold for $250.

Edited by Mayhem

I sold my fire emblem last year and honestly with the prices of the Mario games and such I am considering selling them all. I mod gamecubes w/xeno chips and I just burned a fire emblem and tossed in a case w/a insert I printed. That works for me. I may end up doing it for them all. I did just get a printer that can print on cd's so I may start printing some artwork on them and call it a day.

Define "game". The rarest title, and certainly the one that goes for most money, is a complete copy of Pokemon Box. It was only available from the Pokemon online shop or the Pokemon store in NY (which is now the general Nintendo World store instead). Really wish I could go back in time and order more than the two copies I did for $20 when it was new heh...

But I'm guessing the game you are referring to here is NCAA College Basketball 2k3. My copy sold for $100, which wasn't too bad. Especially as I bought it for $20 originally (found it used in a Gamestop!).

Having said that, my copy of the Metroid Prime / Wind Waker double pack-in sold for $250.

Not sure i would classify Pokemon Box as a game. Seems more of a storage vehicle. Nice find for sure on your NCAA game. Probably the hardest game to find in the wild.

Edited by Tombstone

Cheers. I actually found two copies of NCAA in my travels, both for $20. Evidently Gamestop had a set price for it! I sold the other copy a couple of years back for about $65, way before I thought about selling most of my Cube collection. When checking eBay prior to selling now, looks like the game had shot up in value a bit. And yeah, hence my wishy washy term on "game" because Pokemon Box, as you say, isn't really a game. But complete copies are going for over $400 currently.

• Like 1

Will do, Mayhem. I haven't had a proper look to your games yet, but I will see what's what and get back to you. At this point, I'm still trying to determine if it's the proper time to start collecting for the cube or wait for a little bit.

I only think it may get harder down the line, because most shops have stopped selling Cube games for starters. I put together most of my collection in person buying from Gamestop, Target, Walmart etc in the time just after the Wii came out, and prices were a little on the lower side, especially used.

• 2 weeks later...

Now might not seem to be a good time to be buying for the Cube, but it won't be long before current prices seem like tremendous bargains. Now really is the time to be buying.

I disagree. When the Wii itself becomes obsolete is when GameCube prices will drop. Soon as the new Wii system come out, that will drive Wii U prices down and soon as that happens people will drop the Wii and buy Wii U and as such finally the GameCube games will drop in price. Then years later they will go back up in price when they are collectible prices not playable prices.

The main reason GameCube prices are still so high is because the Wii plays them. Soon as people can move on both Wii and GameCube prices will drop together.

I could be wrong, you could be right. Only time will tell. That is just my belief on it.

Nintendo actually dropped GameCube support from the Wii in later models, so not all Wii units can play Cube games.

Yeah but most I come across do. I should research the number because I honestly have not seen one wii that doesn't have cube ports on it. I have like 3 right now to sell and they all have ports on them.

You're picking a bad time to buy gc. Prices are high right now. My old neighbor just asked me a few days ago what I had. I texted a pic and he said his friend wanted almost all and asked how much. After I replied $85 for 4 games he never replied back LOL.

I decided to just drop them on ebay with 2 other games and sold them for $140 within 2 hrs.

I noticed this as well. The Gamecube came out right around the time I stopped following 'new' consoles and thus I never adopted it into my library. And now prices are reasonably expensive for what I was hoping to pay for them. In retrospect, I kind of regret never getting into GC because some of the games look to be fantastic.

Good luck to OP finding some games.

Edited by Samuel

As I keep saying, it's really down to what you are looking for. Most Cube games are not expensive, as witnessed by the prices I'm trying to sell my games for. The Nintendo published games? Well yeah, duh, of course they will be.

As I keep saying, it's really down to what you are looking for. Most Cube games are not expensive, as witnessed by the prices I'm trying to sell my games for. The Nintendo published games? Well yeah, duh, of course they will be.

Most people are looking for the good games lol. Nobody wants 18 wheeler or all star baseball. Everyone wants the Mario games, Luigi's mansion, and pikmin type games. The Op stated he wanted to avoid sports games and would prefer 1st party and mentioned rpg type games... which I think I sold both of them to him ironically.

Yes, you did Iceman. I've decided as of this posting to keep my Gamecube and the games (Animal Crossing and Tales of Symphonia, both from you). I might collect for it for awhile, but it's on my shelf and hooked up for Tales game play...the one game I really love out of all the ones I've ever bought in the past.

My buddy just sent me a message he is selling 125 games. I am going to direct him here for you.

Sure. There's probably a few games I still want for the system down the road...but I appreciate the source. Thanks, Iceman.

I don't think he is going to sign up here. Here is what he has available. He asked me what he should charge and I said he should sell them all to me for $1 each.... for some reason he passed lol.

He is apparently going to toss on craigslist for offers on the lot, but he will most likely have to split it up.

the top left row "sonic riders through scorpion king" have no manuals the rest are complete.

post-25078-0-97245700-1460905533_thumb.jpg