IGNORED

WIP Game for 7800: Dream Princess Adventure

gorfcadet

WOWWWW! This is AMAZING! Honestly been getting burned out with seeing all these super basic 2600 style homebrews. THESE are the kind of games I get excited to see being made for the 7800 on par with the NES library it was up against in the late 80's. Awesome work & creativity! Def looking fwd to this & so glad to see stuff like this & Bentley Bear is being done (which I still have to pick up sometime soon, rly been slacking in the 7800 world lately haha)

Edited by Stevaside
  • Like 3

WOWWWW! This is AMAZING! Honestly been getting burned out with seeing all these super basic 2600 style homebrews. THESE are the kind of games I get excited to see being made for the 7800 on par with the NES library it was up against in the late 80's. Awesome work & creativity! Def looking fwd to this & so glad to see stuff like this & Bentley Bear is being done (which I still have to pick up sometime soon, rly been slacking in the 7800 world lately haha)

I agree. While this particular title is still in the early stages, it's nice to see someone take their time and try and do it right. The 2600 looking 7800 titles you refer to are a pile of shovelware for sure. There is a reason they can keep coming out one after another. It's cause they are low end crap that would be thankful to pass for a 2600 title let alone a 7800 title.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

post-30305-0-32613000-1527997084_thumb.png

Map is complete. Cant show more without spoiling points of interest. Been touching base with my programmer; I actually gave Pyxel Edit a stroke (crashed) by throwing too much in the file! Thank goodness for saving early and often!

Separating tiles into solid/background layers now for the tile ripper. #notalwaysglamorous

• Like 5

This game looks excellent! If it gets a physical release, count me in for a copy for sure.

It's been a couple years and there still isn't anything coded let alone released aside from a couple mock up images. This hasn't really passed the brainstorming stage so until some actual coding is done don't expect this to see a cartridge release anytime soon. I'd love to see this get made but it really doesn't look like much is coming of this unfortunately. :(

It will when it does. You only know what you know. I know what I know. I didnt take any preorders, so I suppose my coder and I will keep our own schedule.

Thanks to those who took time to share kind words. It is always moving forward. My partner thankfully is way better at programming than I am spritework, so well get there.

?

• Like 2

It will when it does. You only know what you know. I know what I know. I didnt take any preorders, so I suppose my coder and I will keep our own schedule.

Thanks to those who took time to share kind words. It is always moving forward. My partner thankfully is way better at programming than I am spritework, so well get there.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of your project and hope you can make something of it.

• Like 1