IGNORED

AdamEm accuracy

Milli V

How accurate is the AdamEm emulator (under dosbox)? I have been experimenting with the 40 column program in hackers guide vol 2 (and I rewrote it in an ML program that I bload) and it works but as soon as the screen is full and needs to scroll the screen goes blank. These programs work correctly on the real hardware.

I have version 1.0 of AdamEm - I haven't seen any newer versions out there.

Milli

How accurate is the AdamEm emulator (under dosbox)? I have been experimenting with the 40 column program in hackers guide vol 2 (and I rewrote it in an ML program that I bload) and it works but as soon as the screen is full and needs to scroll the screen goes blank. These programs work correctly on the real hardware.

I have version 1.0 of AdamEm - I haven't seen any newer versions out there.

Milli

See NIAD's post for ADAMEm SDL 1.81, Win32 and DOS versions (files at the end of post), as well as there may be interest in the flash interface related tools and files.

There's an addition/update to the aforementioned tools as well.

Source code to ADAMEm SDL 1.8 is posted, if interested; as well as an OS-X port (Again, files at the end of the post).

CoolCV supports the ADAM computer (As of v0.5). It's mentioned there should be an improvement over ADAMEm SDL 1.81, but also states in the documentation that ADAM support is "experimental".

Accuracy of ADAMem v1.0 (and it's further improvements by Doug S. and Geoff O. to versions 1.8x and on) is pretty good although there are a number of compatibility issues with a number of SmartBASIC programs that modify the interpreter (KeyClick by DEI is one that comes to mind).

As far as the 40 Column patch program in the Hacker's Guide, that was a very early hack and I recall there being some issues. You should check out the NIAD and Nibbles & Bits public domain volumes as there are improved versions on them... I just don't have the actual volume # on hand, so you will have to look thru them. Probably best to stick with the version released by Digital Express (Soloman Swift) thru his Nibbles & Bits newsletter... pretty sure the program listing and description is even in one of his newsletters.

CoolCV is pretty accurate in terms of video and sound emulation. Lately I've added full keyboard support for ADAM and handles expansion memory for ADAM.

My missing things would be an extra disk drive or tape unit at same time, support for printing and comms.

Also I'm willing to implement some undocumented Z80 flags and video flags just for sake of doing it.

As far as the 40 Column patch program in the Hacker's Guide, that was a very early hack and I recall there being some issues. You should check out the NIAD and Nibbles & Bits public domain volumes as there are improved versions on them... I just don't have the actual volume # on hand, so you will have to look thru them. Probably best to stick with the version released by Digital Express (Soloman Swift) thru his Nibbles & Bits newsletter... pretty sure the program listing and description is even in one of his newsletters.

Ill look

• 2 weeks later...