IGNORED

I think I've got Atlantis II; how to make sure it's genuine?

marvinnl

BIN was approximately $17K (USD).

FWIW, an Atlantis II cartridge (with some contest paperwork) was privately auctioned last month -- ended up at $800 not including buyer's premiums/fees.

I don't think that's a good indicator of the value. The seller missed a huge opportunity. Most people didn't even know about that auction until after it ended.

• Like 2

Very interesting to see where this goes as I posted last month on here about finding a possible Atlantis II cart as well. It came with some pretty decent games (Tooth Protectors, Smurfs Save the Day). It looks like I'll need to get the blow dryer out and see if I can successfully remove the label enough to get inside.

I don't know man. I think everyone here is being extra polite, extra naive, or maybe asleep at the wheel.

-- bran new member, just joined yesterday, and this is the first post.

-- classic typical story of "I got this from an older relative".

-- the sticker on the box is meaningless. Anyone can use an old typewriter and Avery sticker labels and recreate it.

-- the cartridge clearly shows that the label has damage consistent with having been lifted whereas cart was opened.

-- now looking to move it and cash in.

It never ceases to amaze me how this place is Candyland. It's all rainbows and waterfalls around here. This guy would have been crucified over at the other sites.

Use a hairdryer and lift the rest of that label and show us the rom inside that cart. Otherwise, buyer beware; there be a hex inverter & EPROM ta greet ya at Davy Jones locker!

WOW what a good post. Spotted him from a mile away!

WOW, what a complete smart ass. Posts his opinions long after the facts are found!

Perhaps a more polite way to phrase his post is, "Some of us still like giving people the benefit of the doubt, and we're even happier when we learn that benefit was justified."

I also couldn't help but notice you weren't posting as often nor as enthusiastically when it was determined this was legitimate. Not that you had any obligation to, but even a simple, "Hey, nice to see I was off-base with my suspicions," would have gone a long way to making the new guy feel even more welcome.

• Like 4