IGNORED

Anyone else remember

maxdrive

Bought two Jaguars in 1999 in the Dallas area at Kaybee Toys for $30 a piece.

After talking to the corporate offices of Toys R'Us, Kaybee Toys store and other retailers I was able to establish the two Jaguars I bought were two of three left in the wild.

• Like 1

Bought two Jaguars in 1999 in the Dallas area at Kaybee Toys for $30 a piece.

After talking to the corporate offices of Toys R'Us, Kaybee Toys store and other retailers I was able to establish the two Jaguars I bought were two of three left in the wild.

Epic. I wonder who snagged the last.

And it makes me wonder if there are a few left in a warehouse in Hong Kong or somewhere random like that...lol

Edited by travistouchdown

Yep, Jaguar's could be had at Kay*Bee for $25-$30 at one point. Having "kept up" with the game purchases as they came out, bought the random whatever, on_the_cheap back then. 6-button controllers, systems, video cables, etc. Atari Karts for $9.99 at Software Etc. too! Soon after, bought the JagCD from Tiger Direct as they had a special that included your choice of 4 games for $10ea. when you purchased!

Shortly before: Toys 'R Us on State St. in Chicago… even landed a couple of TurboDuo's for $99ea. Now THOSE were the days! :)

And of course, $25 32X's at Toys 'R Us and $25 Virtual Boys at Target for the same price. Bought a 32X or two, but passed on the Virtual Bum. Even at $25. ;)

Yep absolutely remember this. It was circa 1999/2000, the Dreamcast had already been released, and I went into kaybee toys at the mall and they had set up their Jaguar kiosk with pitfall playing. Next to the kiosk was a stack of boxes of Jaguar consoles for $30-$40, and nearby was a bin that had $5 games in it, which included SNES, Genesis and Jaguar titles. I remember looking at the box for Zool 2.

I passed on all of this stuff at the time being only interested in the latest and greatest gaming had to offer at this stage in my life, but did take note how it was interesting they were devoting a significant amount of space to a system that had been dead and not out on their floor for years. It was like a weird last hurrah, seeing all this Jag stuff out years after the system was out of the public eye.

Edited by sirlynxalot

My first Jag stuff was all Kaybee clearance. My wife got it for my birthday complete with $25 price tag.

My Virtual Boy stuff came from there too, with a bunch of its games also coming from Electronics Boutique's clearance.

Those were good times. :)

Anyone remember the 1950's? We had good clean fun back then. No vitia games, wheelie boards, or that damed MTV. We played with sticks, heaps of rusty metal, and lit things on fire for fun. Those were the days. Of course it all changed in 1958 when Dad loaded us up in his old Nash jalopy and took us to Brookhaven to play Tennis For Two..

• Like 3

I remember the liquidation of Vitual Boys, and 32x's both at $25 bucks a pop at the local EB. With I had bought several of both, bought neither at the time...lol. Jaguar I NEVER saw in the wild, but I was a kiddy and was busy playing my SNES at the time.

I still remember the VB system liquidation, stacks and stacks at my local Best Buy for dirt cheap but I already had one and I didn't have the disposable income I do now. But I did pick up the imports and some other cheap games on clearance at Target and EB. I still regret not getting Waterworld when it was $5. I also picked up a 32X for I think 19.99 at TRU and grabbed games for <$10 whenever I could. I don't remember Jag stuff on clearance but I also wasn't looking so it's entirely possible I just missed it all. Those kinds of closeouts don't happen anymore since everything is backwards compatible these days.

I remember when Biglots did there last stand as it was mostly atari 7800 and 2600 games but i remember it being 1 to $2 a game that is were i got most of my 7800 collection sadly i missed the KB store launch i did however catch EB electronics boutique shut out sale of jag,and a few other games i got rayman , double dragon v Flashback and zool 2 paid like $5 each for them not so bad that was in 98 i believe.

This was about 98 or so (I think) I bought one though catalog order, as we didn't have a store. But yeah, it was $50 with a few games, AVP, Doom, Burnout, and Bubsy were the games I opted to get at the time.

Best $50 ever. I got about 20 games for it now, still looking for aCD unit, but they're legendary in their unreliability, and I can't afford a new one.... (assuming you can still get a sealed new one)

I remember when Biglots did there last stand as it was mostly atari 7800 and 2600 games but i remember it being 1 to $2 a game that is were i got most of my 7800 collection sadly i missed the KB store launch i did however catch EB electronics boutique shut out sale of jag,and a few other games i got rayman , double dragon v Flashback and zool 2 paid like $5 each for them not so bad that was in 98 i believe.

Same here. That 7800/2600 clearance was just awesome. $1/$2/$3 a game. Huge selection, including the 1990s titles like Alien Brigade.

I also missed the KB/Jaguar liquidation. Too bad! But being a Jaguar owner since 1994, I had a pretty big collection already.