IGNORED

Snake Plissken - game released

sometimes99er

Yes, and you should keep going too! I've just tried this new revision of the game - delightful graphics, lovely sounds, I like the score number that briefly floats upwards when you collect apples ... the snake looks great. Of course, the miracle is keeping all this within 8K. Good Going!

Excellent. Thanks. We have to collab one day. :-D

It ended up at 7152 bytes = 87,4% of 8K, and I was lazy all the way through. Many bytes could be saved here and there. And a bit of simple RLE compression would help an ocean (mainly with the graphics from ROM to VDP RAM).

:)

- Apart from fitting in 8K, it does not need any 32K Memory Expansion. ;)

Edited by sometimes99er
  • Like 2

I have a big collection of "snake" games. They all are fun to play and have their own little nuances. Your game is the top of the list. You have a gift, please continue to use it and wow us!

Oh my goodness. It's only a few hours here and there, and hoping that a bit of practice makes master better. But thanks a million for the feedback. :party:

Edited by sometimes99er
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is someone keeping track of all these new games, dates they were released, and author? So many new awesome games, so little time.....

IMHO, it would be awesome on ninerpedia to have an article starting with Pitfall on forward with all these newer games, so that people can see in one place the amazing talents of everyone.

• Like 1

Is someone keeping track of all these new games, dates they were released, and author? So many new awesome games, so little time.....

IMHO, it would be awesome on ninerpedia to have an article starting with Pitfall on forward with all these newer games, so that people can see in one place the amazing talents of everyone.

schmitzi has made a few lists some with games, year of release, and manufacturer/author. Also there's the Gamebase with a database already designed to take in all these data. One could then extract all the new stuff.

;)

• 1 month later...