IGNORED

Snake Plissken - game released

sometimes99er

I like the fact that you attempted to give him an eye patch. Maybe it could appear in a sequel?

Perhaps something line "Escape from the Big Apple" complete with mines that the snake has to avoid.

"Snake Plissken on my computer?"

Ha ha. Thanks. This may not even be a snake game. Now Big Apple almost makes me want to include iconic twin towers, but that's probably not acceptable.

The splash-screen of the game saw 5 design alternatives (may be used elsewhere), and 3 other memory friendly experiments with Kurt, - odd raster-lines only; super multicolor, 5 and 3 color bitmap ...

kurt0004.pngkurt0007.pngkurt0008.png

Generally I've got tons of notes and graphic designs, - and I keep searching new ideas. On another forum I read: "Finishing a single game is more important than having ideas, so I do encourage you to follow through with a single one rather than tackling a bunch of them and burning out.". Probably true. Sometimes.

;)

• Like 3

Ha ha. Thanks. This may not even be a snake game. Now Big Apple almost makes me want to include iconic twin towers, but that's probably not acceptable.

Some are so super-sensitive that even an homage is unacceptable.

The splash-screen of the game saw 5 design alternatives (may be used elsewhere), and 3 other memory friendly experiments with Kurt, - odd raster-lines only; super multicolor, 5 and 3 color bitmap ...

I like the third one. Understated, simple, and a kind-of "closing credit" quality to it.

Generally I've got tons of notes and graphic designs, - and I keep searching new ideas. On another forum I read: "Finishing a single game is more important than having ideas, so I do encourage you to follow through with a single one rather than tackling a bunch of them and burning out.". Probably true. Sometimes.

;)

Feature creep is a sure way to kill something. Though, sometimes shedding features from the original idea is the only way to complete a project.

• Like 2

kurt0004.pngkurt0007.pngkurt0008.png

;)

Some (younger) people may not get the relevance to the game though ;)

• Like 1

Some (younger) people may not get the relevance to the game though ;)

If they're big enough fans of action and sci-fi movies, they'll know it. I've talked to plenty of people from the newer generation that know Escape from NY and even know names like Harlan Ellison, H.P. Lovecraft, and John Carpenter.

• Like 1

Thought of practicing playing the Main Theme from Escape From New York with only 3 fingers (one for bass to begin with). Eventually recording to MIDI and producing a sound-list adding maybe only attack, sustain and release (opposed to standard ISR sound-lists). Will do something like that for a future project.

John Carpenter and his band performing Escape From New York, Main Theme live at Primavera Sound 2016, Barcelona

Wikipedia

Bank Robbery (deleted scene)

Escape from Earth

Kurt as Han Solo

Return to (retrospective)

Nice piano cover

The original

;)

Edited by sometimes99er
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

Can I give you a challenge?

A Tron light cycle game. Single player (vs. A.I.) and two player head to head. A bonus would be two player and A.I.

:)

I know of the Tron arcade (1982), but never played it. I had Surround (1977) for the Atari 2600. I haven't dug deep, but they look alike. It was never my kind of game. So I'm afraid it's not going on my list. Sorry. :)