IGNORED

Floppy Days Podcast #56 - The TI-994/A Computer Part 5

rkindig

This is the fifth and final installment in a series of episodes on the TI-99/4A home computer. This episode will cover TI-99 ads, user groups and shows, emulation, buying one today, community, and Web sites. My very special co-hosts for this episode are again two well-known figures in the TI-99 community: Chris Schneider, who produces the SHIFT838 newsletter and Rich Polivka, who manages the popular 99er.net Web site. They provide a ton of information about the amazing TI-994/A home computer. I hope you enjoy this.

http://floppydays.libsyn.com/floppy-days-56-ti99-emulation-web-sites-with-chris-schneider-and-rich-polivka

Randy Kindig
Host Floppy Days floppydays.com
  • Like 8

Since running emulators on the OS X came up several times, I'll just say, I've run Classic99 using Wine on the Mac. There were just a few artifacts with the menus. Classic99 works very well on Ubuntu linux with Wine, except for the clipboard/paste features. That can probably be fixed by messing with Wine more deeply than I bothered to.

V9T9 is also a JVM/Java based emulator so it just worked on linux and OS X. And of course MESS/MAME can be had for OS X as well.

-M@

• Like 1

Since running emulators on the OS X came up several times, I'll just say, I've run Classic99 using Wine on the Mac. There were just a few artifacts with the menus. Classic99 works very well on Ubuntu linux with Wine, except for the clipboard/paste features. That can probably be fixed by messing with Wine more deeply than I bothered to.

V9T9 is also a JVM/Java based emulator so it just worked on linux and OS X. And of course MESS/MAME can be had for OS X as well.

-M@

I've been working on getting better at TI assembly, and I've successfully been writing code on my MacBook and compiling it locally with the xdt99 tools which are easy to install. I then create a binary image and just uploaded it to js99er.net and run it. It works amazingly well. Prior to xdt99, I had been running Win994A on Ubuntu via Wine. Works perfectly and allows me to lug around my MacBook and hack ASM during lunch at work.

-Corey