IGNORED

Opcode Games news bulletin April 2016

opcode

Donkey Kong Arcade delayed until 2018 – Let’s start with the bad news. Due to technical difficulties, Donkey Kong Arcade for the ColecoVision Super Game Module has been delayed until 2018. All pre-order of the Special Edition will be refunded. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, but we have a few surprises to try to make up for that… :thumbsdown: Phony certified

Maze of Galious (Knightmare 2) releasing this year for the SGM – We have replaced Donkey Kong Arcade in our release schedule with Maze of Galious for the Super Game Module. Maze of Galious is the sequel to Konami's MSX game Knightmare. While the first game was an overhead, vertical scrolling shooter, The Maze of Galious is a side-view, flick-screen platform game. The player controls Popolon and Aphrodite, entering the evil priest Galious' castle to free their yet-to-be-born son Pampas from the priest's evil clutches The game is similar to Zelda in many aspects, with Galious’ castle serving as the overworld hub, and the 10 worlds similar to Zelda’s dungeons. With more than 300 different screens, 47 different items, 59 types of demons and 10 bosses, this is a monster of an adventure game. :thumbsup: Genuine certified

Grazi thinks the Atari 5200 is better - I know, this one comes as a shock. When shown a table comparing games released on both Atari 5200 and ColecoVision, Grazi picked the 5200 saying she thought it had superior graphics. We are still evaluating the situation, but the most probably outcome is that she will be let go from Opcode Games. Unfortunate...

• Like 8

Grazi noooo!!!! :)

Thats ok I think some games look better on 5200 like Montezuma's Revenge but other games look great on CV too like BC's Quest and the Imagic games etc.

I dont mind a delay if the game is great. Will be waiting no problem and by all thats holy count me I'm in for a Colecovion 2. It should sell lot hotcakes...

Great news!

• Like 1

Donkey Kong Arcade delayed until 2018

2018? :sad: .

Maze of Galious (Knightmare 2) releasing this year for the SGM

:thumbsup: I definitely will get this one! It is up my alley. Just make sure that the stack doesn't overflow and reset the system :grin:

Super Game Module 2 to release later this year

I feel like it is bit too early to think about SGM2 since the 3rd batch is starting soon. That's just my sensory overreacting.

Opcode to release 16bit ColecoVision 2

Definitely want :lust:, as long it doesn't require having the original Colecovision power plug.

Intellivision Super Game Module releasing in 2017

The graphic is probably be the hardest to improve unless you are adding a 2nd graphic chip and I am not sure if the STIC will allow another graphic chip to but in... I'm curious about this module.

Grazi thinks the Atari 5200 is better - It does have 128 color pallet, 4 sprites/missiles, and odd graphic mode background with different size pixels. I'm not sure it is true that the 5200 controller breaks easily. One of my Colecovision controller is somewhat broken.

that's the only reason i bought the SGM was for Donkey Kong Arcade.

what a waste of money.

there is no life after no donkey kong, my life is over now.

I just can't deal with retro gaming and life anymore!

Goodbye cruel world.

after today It won't matter anymore.

I'm getting off this spinning marble.

• Like 1

that's the only reason i bought the SGM was for Donkey Kong Arcade.

what a waste of money.

there is no life after no donkey kong, my life is over now.

I just can't deal with retro gaming and life anymore!

Goodbye cruel world.

after today It won't matter anymore.

I'm getting off this spinning marble.

Dude, it's not cancelled. I'm sure you can survive til it is released in sometime in 2018.

• Like 1

Glad to see you guys take me so seriously.
But yeah, today is April 1st
However I will say one or more of the above news are actually true, while one or more are pranks.
I will offer some clues. Ready?
What we said about Maze of Galious is true. But the news about the SGM 2 is phony. The rest is up to you. ;)

EDIT: man, this April Fools thing is dangerous. Mass hysteria, people talking about suicide and canceling their pre-orders... Now everybody please calm down and take a deep breath. DKA is still coming... |:)

• Like 6

Ok, so for some real updates:

- Penguin Adventure is available for pre-order and is going general beta next week or so. 128KB of pure penguin awesomeness. Super Game Cartridges are working fine. Videos soon.

- Gradius will enter beta at some point in May. Also available for pre-order.

- Super Game Module will be getting a new box and manual to match our new template. It will be compatible with the French SCART version of the ColecoVision.

- Grazi is taking care of the Opcode Magazine #1, which should release along the aforementioned games.

- As we revealed yesterday, Maze of Galious will release soon, probably around August (stay tuned for pre-order details soon). This is the sequel for Knightmare, however this is a completely different game experience, similar to Zelda. You will be able to save your progress in the SGC. Videos soon.

That is all I can reveal for now. I wish I could tell more, but that would make the boss really angry.... :P

• Like 4

Ok, so for some real updates:

- Penguin Adventure is available for pre-order and is going general beta next week or so. 128KB of pure penguin awesomeness. Super Game Cartridges are working fine. Videos soon.

- Gradius will enter beta at some point in May. Also available for pre-order.

- Super Game Module will be getting a new box and manual to match our new template. It will be compatible with the French SCART version of the ColecoVision.

- Grazi is taking care of the Opcode Magazine #1, which should release along the aforementioned games.

- As we revealed yesterday, Maze of Galious will release soon, probably around August (stay tuned for pre-order details soon). This is the sequel for Knightmare, however this is a completely different game experience, similar to Zelda. You will be able to save your progress in the SGC. Videos soon.

That is all I can reveal for now. I wish I could tell more, but that would make the boss really angry.... :P

If Maze of Galious will maybe be August where does that put DKA ?

If Maze of Galious will maybe be August where does that put DKA ?

1) DKA is still coming out this year

2) There is a good reason for the swap

Anything more that will get me in trouble with the "boss"

• Like 2