IGNORED

Games We Want Updated & HD-ified

Some games are so good they refuse to die and instead deserve another chance at life. Often it's just that they need updated graphics to be more modern...and other times they may need an entire overhaul from the ground up! In this video Metal Jesus & Kelsey list off some of the games they would like to see HD-ified for a new generation!

Looking back on this video, I really wish I would have mentioned SOCOM 1 & 2 on PS2...Those games remade for PS4 would be amazing! What games would make your list?
  • Like 1

LSD?!

Ultima IV (Skyrim style)

AD&D Goldbox Games

Diablo 1

Tie Fighter/X-Wing

Descent 1,2,3, Freespace

Tenchu 1 & 2

Blood Omen 1
Legend of Dragoon

Vagrant Story

Suikoden Collection

Parasite Eve Collection

Onimusha Collection

Persona 3,4

Probably a bunch of other stuff I can't remember. Always wanted Actraiser to return and some older console titles. Space Taxi on the C64, a modern nice remade Montezuma's Revenge etc. Although anything pre-Nintendo used joysticks as controllers so they may not transfer well.

I'm a patreon as of today. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I hunger for a Metroid Prime series HD remake. I know there was a bit of one back when Corruption came out, but I really want a full 1080p remake in all its high def glory.

Edited by TPA5

From the ST/Amiga era:

Super Cars II

Midwinter 1+2

Captive

Starglider II.

PS1:Colony Wars Trilogy

G-Police 1+2

Overboard

Einhander

Silent Hill (NTSC version, not the cut Pal version).

PS2:Shadow Of Rome (but ditch the stealth sections)

Xbox: O.T.O.G.I 1+2

PC:Rebellion's Windows'95 AVP running in modern engine, but released on PS4/XB1 and making full use of PS4 VR headset (then i might have a good reson to get 1).

Saturn:Pazer dragoon Saga, Deep Fear and Burning Rangers (this one as i've always felt it was right game, wrong system.It should of been a DC launch title, not swang song Saturn game).

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 2

- Super Mario Sunshine (My favorite Mario game)

- Shenmue / Shenmue 2 (I hope this will be a reality, since Shenmue 3 is comming)

- Metroid Prime (The music is already perfect. I think this could be a killer VR game (edit:

)) Edited by roland p

F-zero X.

In fact, any n64 game, as they look like absolute ass on modern tvs.

This game runs really well in higher resolution under an N64 emulator. Any modest Android device (including OUYA) makes it look sweet.

On that note, we need a new Star Wars Rogue Squadron game, the Steam/GOG PC re-releases don't count, and unlike F-Zero X, the N64 version doesn't run in today's emulators.

Every Star Wars game- just enhance the graphics, adapt the controls to the Xbox pad, and add Achievements. Offline Achievements. Battlefronts, Republic Commando, Kotors, Jedi Knight series, etc.

Do the above for Call of Cthulhu, Mercenaries, Vice City (this will happen, but they better damn well keep all the music), Punisher, etc.

Hopefully when they do an HD release of Vice City they don't ruin it by changing ANY of the music- I think this actually happened with Crazy Taxi...

• Like 1

Every Star Wars game- just enhance the graphics, adapt the controls to the Xbox pad, and add Achievements. Offline Achievements. Battlefronts, Republic Commando, Kotors, Jedi Knight series, etc.

Do the above for Call of Cthulhu, Mercenaries, Vice City (this will happen, but they better damn well keep all the music), Punisher, etc.

Hopefully when they do an HD release of Vice City they don't ruin it by changing ANY of the music- I think this actually happened with Crazy Taxi...

I really wish someone would add aim-help to the PC build of Battlefront 2, along with click-in joystick button controller support, for those who are used to playing Battlefront 2 like that (on consoles). Also, the ability to roll and crouch using one button, instead of two. All three of these issues make Xbox controller support on that game terrible.

• Like 2

Hmm do eshop Nintendo games and Ps2 games on PS4 count as HD remakes or just emulation? :P

I mean we aren't playing those games on old TV's and they now look great.....on a console

:D

Also there's a bunch of old PC games "remade" on Steam....Baldur's Gate, Heroes of Might & Magic III, Age of Empires etc.

I really wish someone would add aim-help to the PC build of Battlefront 2, along with click-in joystick button controller support, for those who are used to playing Battlefront 2 like that (on consoles). Also, the ability to roll and crouch using one button, instead of two. All three of these issues make Xbox controller support on that game terrible.

Well, may be those should added- I still use my 360 to play Battlefront II. I would expect any modern HD version to at least control the same. Come to think of it, they should also add in the extra maps and other expansion content. As long as they don't change anything else...

That would be nice. I wonder if it could be modded in easily?

The later mobile ports of Crazy Taxi have the old music, but no Tower Records, Pizza Hut, etc.

Are there any newer versions that still have both the real music and the original in-game signs, ads, etc? Remakes that take out or change stuff really aren't enhanced at all. Crazi Taxi is an example of what not to do with an HD remake.

@godslabrat:I know where your coming from, only trouble is, often the new games being made aren't a patch on the old classics, cough Rebellion and it's PS3/PC/360 stab at AVP Vs the classic Windows'95 version.

All the old version needs for myself is a modern game engine and bringing to console.

As for Crazy Taxi, which folks have brought up, the music and missing locations like Tower Records are due to licensing issues.

Edited by Lost Dragon

Well, may be those should added- I still use my 360 to play Battlefront II. I would expect any modern HD version to at least control the same. Come to think of it, they should also add in the extra maps and other expansion content. As long as they don't change anything else...

Are there any newer versions that still have both the real music and the original in-game signs, ads, etc? Remakes that take out or change stuff really aren't enhanced at all. Crazi Taxi is an example of what not to do with an HD remake.

Battlefront II still works offline on Xbox and 360, but that's really a multiplayer game first, so it's a shame the Xbox Live servers are long gone.

You should collaborate with this person and write up the differences in music and venues.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/dreamcast/196990-crazy-taxi/faqs/67568

Technically, wasn't Half-Life already in HD from day 1?

I'd love to see some action here though to update it and also make it available on modern consoles, since it has been ignored for far too long while other classics are remade or remastered. Heck, many of the great PC first person shooters from the 1990's have long been available on modern consoles, yet Half-Life, the greatest of them all, still sits in the vault while its owner rakes in the easy licensing fees from distributing other people's creations.

Off the top of my head, I'd love to see these...

-Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast

-RalliSport Challenge 2

-Project Gotham Racing 2

-Metroid Prime Trilogy

-Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

-Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

-Titanic: Adventure Out of Time

I'm sure if I glanced through my shelves that I could easily double this most wanted list.

Edited by Atariboy