IGNORED

Games We Want Updated & HD-ified

G-Nome by 7th Level could use an HD remake with better AI and controls. It had a lot of potential back in 1997 but it hasn't held up well.

LOL. That's a game I haven't heard about in a while. I remember I had that as a kid... can't remember at all how I got ahold of it...

I played it for hours and hours back in the late 90s. You are absolutely right, though... definitely hasn't held up well. However, I think rather than "HD-ify" G-Nome, it would be better to have sequel with updated/refined gameplay and graphics with a brand new storyline.

I would like to see all original Game Boy games changed into Game Boy Color games and have graphical borders made for the Super Game Boy.

For games getting the HD treatment for playing on modern consoles I would prefer just an improvement in resolution and graphics while everything else remains the same. For an example, if both versions of the game were being played on two TVs, neither had any randomness in the game play, and somehow you could play them with one controller at the same time then the results would be the same on both screens.

Robot Tank is one of my most played Atari 2600 games, and every time I play it, I think about how killer it would be if it could have online multiplayer. Hell, I don't even care about the graphics getting updated, and it could be ported to mobile phones for all I care - the concept of the enemies in Robot Tank being controlled by real people in a big fat free-for-all excites me to hell and back.

As far as more recent games deserving of online multiplayer go, anyone here a fan of Kirby Air Ride? Absolutely amazing, yet super simple spin-off for Gamecube. It seems like everyone I've ever talked to has either totally disliked it or rabidly adored it (like me). The actual "Air Ride" racing was mediocre, the real star of the show was its open-world "City Trial" mode. If Nintendo could make a remaster or sequel with online eight-player (or more) City Trial lobbies, I would die of delight.

• Like 1

Robot Tank is one of my most played Atari 2600 games, and every time I play it, I think about how killer it would be if it could have online multiplayer. Hell, I don't even care about the graphics getting updated, and it could be ported to mobile phones for all I care - the concept of the enemies in Robot Tank being controlled by real people in a big fat free-for-all excites me to hell and back.

Maybe 5 or so years ago my old boss got addicted to and couldn't shut up about one of the COD games. When I asked him why he loves it so much he gave an explanation almost identical to what you just said. He said that when Battlezone came out in the arcades he thought back then how cool it would be if the other tanks were controled by other people all over the world and now today he really can go to war with people all over the world.

Rogue Squadron series has been mentioned before but I would love Rogue Squadron 2 in particular to be updated with hi-def graphics :)

Rogue_squadron_2_Box.jpg

Man, I wish. Though they'd probably mess with it and screw it over somehow. I mean, ea is in charge of everything Star Wars for now. Pretty much guarantees us crap for games for the foreseeable future.