IGNORED

Atari ST Demoscene Book soon on Kickstarter

The Art and History of the Atari ST Demoscene printed into a Hardcover Book. A crowdfunding project which soon will start on Kickstarter. This Book will contain high quality prints of pixel-art as well as special Interviews with the makers. It will tell the story of a generation of people, whose fight for artistic expression lead to a wonderful expansion of a limited 16-bit Computer. Exclusive tableaus will show the approaches and tricks of the programmers. "Breaking the Borders" will take you on a journey through the end of the 80s to the mid 90s – from the pioneering Atari scene to professional games development in Germany. Some of them where Exceptions ;-). But it not only tells the story of freaks, it goes back to the roots of digital fascination which can’t be more contemporary.

Have a look here

http://breakintheborders.weebly.com/

Would be glad if you support this huge project and spread the word in the meantime. Please feel free to ask me questions or visit the FB-Group for additional insights.

Best Regards,

Marco Breddin

RockABIT Soundcloud

post-46101-0-75910900-1459530251_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I didn't knew the Atari Demo scene ended in the mid 90s :P

Robert

He, he, didn't knew it either. I know this information is kind of hidden in the landing page, but if this book get's financed there will be a follow-up. Indeed it's a two-part anthology which gives more detailed insights and more air for writing and the art. Even these two parts won't reach the end of the scene, due to the storyline which captures the rise and fall of Thalion at first. So it totally ends in 1994: the ground zero of the first generation of Atari-Sceners, Artists and Atari itself of course.

Regards,

Edited by Rock a Bit
  • Like 4

Thanks Marco, great that a second part including the later years is also planned.

I'm definitively supporting it if it hits KickStarter. The Atari ST deserves its own book after all those C64, Amiga and Spectrum books on KickStarter.

Robert

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up that it has hit KS and I'm proud to be supporting it, I love this stuff! =D

This, Art of Atari, Business is Fun and Business is War! What a coffee table to have!

Yep, me too! just pledged for the physical/hardcover tier and started spreading the word! ;)

Btw, also pre-ordered Art of Atari on amazon. Looking forward to them both!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again!

Sorry for not updating in time. Such a Kickstarter is a tough marketing job. Now I hope to get more publicity to get this financed. Spread the word whenever you can. I also posted a message to the Atari Age staff today. Meanwhile I got an interview done for Retrogamesmaster and small articles on german Retro- and Return magazine. But exposure could be greater. Also feel free to use the attached banners i actually use for the social media rotation.

Hope we get it done!

Appreciate any help,

Marco

post-46101-0-55742800-1463581512_thumb.png

post-46101-0-51241400-1463581515_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hmm. I logged in here for the first time in I don't know how many years just to see if there was a thread for it.

Sad that it seems that the Kickstarter might fail. It would have been sweet to have the shiny emblem on the front and even more pages...

• Like 1

• 8 months later...