IGNORED

OPCODE GAMES bringing Super Game Module to Intellivision in 2017

Rev

*** possible April Fools Joke from Opcode Games

Intellivision Super Game Module releasing in 2017 – Opcode Games is expanding and soon will be starting supporting the Intellivision console. Our first product will be a version of the hugely popular Super Game Module for the Intellivision. This device, when connected to the Intellivision, will expand the system’s memory and processing power to new heights, allowing the creation of a new line of games with features many thought would be impossible for the Intellivision. In 2017 the Super Game Module will unleash the true power of the Intellivision.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/250983-opcode-games-news-bulletin-april-2016/?do=findComment&comment=3481091

I thought it was pretty well established that it's impossible to add CPU/RAM to an Intellivision via a cartridge. There just aren't any lines to utilize.

RAM, you can; CPU no. However, this was clearly an April Fool's gag.

Putting aside whether or not it's an April Fool's joke, theoretically couldn't someone embed a platform on a cart and just push through the video like the system changer does?

Of course, but only on the Intellivision 2 or a modified original. However, if you do this, what's the point of passing it through the Intellivision? Just design your own platform-on-a-chip or whatever and connect it directly to the TV set or computer monitor. :shrug:

The Intellivision II is one of the only consoles that ever shipped with a video input line in the cartridge port. (The other one I know of is the Atari 5200 2-port model; the Game Gear also had a digital line for the TV tuner.)

A few other consoles did it via expansion ports (ColecoVision, Atari 7800, PC Engine), of course. Still, it was pretty forward-thinking on Mattel's part.

Would a laserdisc interface would theoretically be possible? That is, can the Intellivision overlay MOBs on the video input?

Man, this got out of hand. You guys take my s*** really seriously, which is kind of nice, but scares me a bit too.

So yeah, we are working on something. Can't say more than that.

Wait until you come across Eric7100!

• Like 4

Man, this got out of hand. You guys take my s*** really seriously, which is kind of nice, but scares me a bit too.

Kidding aside, anything you create to add to the Intellivision world is appreciated. While I haven't be able to afford much of it, I have enjoyed some of the "NEW" INTV gear that has come out recently and consider the pros out there that keep adding to the system to be saints for their efforts. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Looking forward to seeing your working on something sooner rather than latter... :)

• Like 1

This is weird. I remember that as I kid I was totally crazy about TRON, so for me the INTV was a highly desirable system because it was the only system that had TRON, or at least the only with decent TRON. :D

But on the other hand it is was the rich guy system, at least in Brazil, so I couldn't afford one.

:(

Grazi was born after the crash, but she seems to like the INTV a lot, because of the hardware scroll and because you guys made a great first impression on her.

• Like 4

This is weird. I remember that as I kid I was totally crazy about TRON, so for me the INTV was a highly desirable system because it was the only system that had TRON, or at least the only with decent TRON. :D

But on the other hand it is was the rich guy system, at least in Brazil, so I couldn't afford one.

Grazi was born after the crash, but she seems to like the INTV a lot, because of the hardware scroll and because you guys made a great first impression on her.

Oh man, you've forgot two things:

1. Never feed a member of Intellivision forum after midnight.

2. Never to tell they about a woman.

:P

• Like 7

Ed, clearly Grazi has good taste. :) I'm certain the Inty peeps will embrace any and all awesomeness you bring our way. Don't let our enthusiasm and excitement scare you off. :)

• Like 3

Oh man, you've forgot two things:

1. Never feed a member of Intellivision forum after midnight.

2. Never to tell they about a woman.

:P

Why is that with women? Does it have anything to do with the fact they have no real joysticks? :P

EDIT: ok, that is what happens when you reply in a hurry. What I was trying to mean was: why can't I tell Intellivisionaries about a woman? Is that because Intellivisionaries have no real joysticks? oK, better now... :P

Serious, thanks for the warm welcome. :D

• Like 2

I know what you mean, where I grew up (Puerto Rico), the Intellivision was also the rich people's system. Everybody else had an Atari VCS. I only had one because my Grandfather bought it for me.

If you're planning on making Intellivision games, I encourage you to join us in the Intellivision Programming forum. Whether you use Assembly Language or the newer IntyBASIC language, there's plenty of knowledgeable people around to help you get started or to encourage your progress. :)

We can always use fresh blood around here. :)

-dZ.

• Like 4