IGNORED

OPCODE GAMES announces: IntelliXpander - Castlevania & Goonies! RESERVE NOW

Rev

How about taking this idea to an even higher level, make it a pass-through, all-in-one expansion for the JLP design. Something Intellivoice sized that keeps the voice compatibility and adds ECS music capability without all of the ECS/keyboard bulk. Then let it add some slightly better graphics as a mode, and let it work/enhance the JLP bits.

If it's a separate thing that makes the Intellivision look like an NES, I'll stick with an NES. If it's a complementary thing that makes all of the graphics 2x better somehow (16x16 one color cards instead of 8x8 one color cards) for new games but still has that classic blocky feel, I'll go for it.

The market is pretty small for Intellivision things, especially when you factor in the fact that pretty much no one that makes stuff markets it that thoroughly.

• Like 1

How about taking this idea to an even higher level, make it a pass-through, all-in-one expansion for the JLP design. Something Intellivoice sized that keeps the voice compatibility and adds ECS music capability without all of the ECS/keyboard bulk. Then let it add some slightly better graphics as a mode, and let it work/enhance the JLP bits.

If it's a separate thing that makes the Intellivision look like an NES, I'll stick with an NES. If it's a complementary thing that makes all of the graphics 2x better somehow (16x16 one color cards instead of 8x8 one color cards) for new games but still has that classic blocky feel, I'll go for it.

The market is pretty small for Intellivision things, especially when you factor in the fact that pretty much no one that makes stuff markets it that thoroughly.

LTO Flash! has 1 megabyte of RAM and 32 MB of onboard Flash RAM. It is finshed, ready and about to be put on sale. It is compatible with all JLP games that are already written. It is fully compatible with the ECS and Intellivoice.I don't see how it has any role in their expansion plans.

While it is possible to use the JLP with the IntelliXpander, it is up to the developer to make the choice. For our games, and considering what the IntelliXpander brings to the table, we don't need the JLP, not to mention it has content restrictions as some have mentioned here.

• Like 2

Wait. How about a box in the Intellivoice (or smaller) form factor that does

Hardware switch "A":

1. Pack in ECS functionality (same memory map, etc) to get an additional PSG for sound output (6 voices would be *great* for the music stuff I was messing around with)
  2. Pack in Intellivoice functionality
  3. Pack in Tutorvision functionality (http://www.intellivisionlives.com/media/newsletters/news030715.html) around graphics and whatever evolutionary stuff it was supposed to do over the stock Intellivision.
  4. It could then work with multicarts like LTO-Flash and other JLP goodness in a pass-through manner, it would just make the cartridge think there was more plastic between it and the TV than there really is.

Hardware switch "B".

1. All of the Opcode goodness (and let it still use the functions of above)

I love the innovation in the Intellivision "community". But the actual market for this kind of device is already small, so splitting it further in the end is going to make it a bad $ story. Not everyone does this for money, but it is nice to have. The ECS and 'voice and maybe Tutorvision stuff is pretty well known, so making hardware that emulates it in a single package might not be a killer in terms of diluting the Opcode vision of making A Brand New ThingTM.

I like the response that it is up to the developer to make the decision of how this is made or released.

Input is nice, but if it comes at the expense of shutting a project down by a certain measure of negativity, It will only affect someone like my self who endorses the product and would love to see it in my home.And of course, to each your own on whether you want to purchase it or not.

Please, bring it on, thank you! Wolfy62 :) :thumbsup:

Edited by wolfy62
  • Like 3

Quick update: We have our designer working on the Castlevania for Inty graphics, and we plan to run the game in two possible modes, lower def with very little flickering, high def with a bit more flickering, our patented IntelliFlickerTM algorithm for optimum multiplexing (way better than the NES version). This way I hope everybody should be happy. And no matter what the game will run on a steady 60fps. We will be offering two modes, Arcade (similar to the NES, but with a few twists), and Adventure (different stage layout requiring a lot more exploration and use of special items).

• Like 10

Are you going for the Intellivision Inc AND Mattel variants? I also collect CIB M-Network, but I'm not picky with variants...yet. Star Strike has been a challenge to find....and costly.

I plan on eventually getting all the M Network games to go with my System Changer as well, Mattel only though. Besides Star Strike, my toughest find will probably be the Tron joystick from M Network. I'm not looking forward to how much I will have to pay for one of those CIB.

I plan on eventually getting all the M Network games to go with my System Changer as well, Mattel only though. Besides Star Strike, my toughest find will probably be the Tron joystick from M Network. I'm not looking forward to how much I will have to pay for one of those CIB.

CIB are super hard to find but you can usually find a loose one

• Like 1

I'm a strict CIB guy. Not to say I wouldn't pick up a loose one for a good price but the goal for all of my items is CIB even if I have to make the darn box myself! lol

It is a super cool box I must say. :) It's one of my favourite items in my collection

every person with a 2600/ system changer should own yars revenge. My favorite non homebrew game for the 2600. Then i think everyone should own medievel mayhem and halo 2600. "Just my opinion"
  • Like 1

every person with a 2600/ system changer should own yars revenge. My favorite non homebrew game for the 2600. Then i think everyone should own medievel mayhem and halo 2600. "Just my opinion"

I could use a Yars Revenge for my recently acquired System Changer... anyone has a spare? As long as I'm asking, does anybody have a spare Smurfs Adventure for ColecoVision? My wife loves that game.

Quick update: We have our designer working on the Castlevania for Inty graphics, and we plan to run the game in two possible modes, lower def with very little flickering, high def with a bit more flickering, our patented IntelliFlickerTM algorithm for optimum multiplexing (way better than the NES version). This way I hope everybody should be happy. And no matter what the game will run on a steady 60fps. We will be offering two modes, Arcade (similar to the NES, but with a few twists), and Adventure (different stage layout requiring a lot more exploration and use of special items).

Very interesting plan. Do you really have a trademark on Intelliflicker? :-)

• Like 1