IGNORED

OPCODE GAMES announces: IntelliXpander - Castlevania & Goonies! RESERVE NOW

Rev

This is still coming, just because this is something I really want to do, and because I just plain love the system. In fact I have been discussing things with Rev back and forth. Problem is that Castlevania got delayed in the ColecoVision front, and that delayed the Intv version as version, since the whole plan was to have shared development for those games. At this point it is clear this isn't going to happen this year as planned, but I am getting back to finish Castlevania on the CV next year, and that is when I will get back to the IntelliXpander as well. I can't release the damn thing without at least a couple of outstanding games.

https://www.facebook.com/opcodegames/videos/1715195582026648/

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

A few updates:

1) after being on hold for a while so we could finish some more urgent stuff, the IntelliXpander is finally back on track. Hardware team has the specs set and is designing the first prototype board (hopefully available for 3rd parties soon).

2) a couple of things have changed: now the IntelliXpander uses a proprietary cartridge format. That was a necessity in several levels, but will reflect positively on price. A regular Intv cartridge slot is also offered though, and it should be compatible with all Intellivision stuff. Also, the case is no longer inspired on the IntelliVoice. Mockups courtesy Grazi

3) we are penning the 3rd party publishing terms, but it should allow programmers to concentrate on games. We will provide manufacturing services and an uniform packing (not to mention top quality) template. Also will provide dev kits

4) hopefully will be able to demonstrate our first game before the end of 2017

post-1432-0-98465200-1499174665.jpg

• Like 10

A few updates:

1) after being on hold for a while so we could finish some more urgent stuff, the IntelliXpander is finally back on track. Hardware team has the specs set and is designing the first prototype board (hopefully available for 3rd parties soon).

2) a couple of things have changed: now the IntelliXpander uses a proprietary cartridge format. That was a necessity in several levels, but will reflect positively on price. A regular Intv cartridge slot is also offered though, and it should be compatible with all Intellivision stuff. Also, the case is no longer inspired on the IntelliVoice. Mockups courtesy Grazi

3) we are penning the 3rd party publishing terms, but it should allow programmers to concentrate on games. We will provide manufacturing services and an uniform packing (not to mention top quality) template. Also will provide dev kits

4) hopefully will be able to demonstrate our first game before the end of 2017

I know you have a million other things going on but if possible please keep open the possibility of one-offs or custom orders for those of us with an Intv System III or Super Pro System, going with a black case and silver label. I know there would be an extra cost but I'd be willing to pay a reasonable amount to cover the cost of the special order. Thanks!

I know you have a million other things going on but if possible please keep open the possibility of one-offs or custom orders for those of us with an Intv III or Super Pro System, going with a black case and silver label. I know there would be an extra cost but I'd be willing to pay a reasonable amount to cover the cost of the special order. Thanks!

... and Sears? Or would the original brown match that one OK? Probably impractical to manufacture, I know. But some of us might buy one of each that matches each of their systems. It looks like there are four designs in total to match:

Original Intellivision

Intellivision II

Sears Super Video Arcade

INTV III / Super Pro

Geez... I think that is all.

• Like 1

Brown would match the Sears just as well as the Intellivoice module.

Maybe OpCode could offer additional cases as an option when buying the full IntelliXpander. That should bring the numbers up.

Isn't everyone in the Intellivision forum going to buy every variant anyway?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Once we have the mold, producing different colors shouldn't be a problem, although price may vary based on demand.

Have you started an unofficial (or official) list of interested people? To kind of gauge potential amount to make?

Goonies is mostly done, probably just a couple more weeks to go. And also waiting graphics from Illya. After that I will concentrate on the shooter, which is partially running.

Hardware wise I was promised the final schematics this weekend.

• Like 5

Since I am putting considerable time and effort on this, I think it is about time to start gauging real interest. I wanted to start this on a later time, after we had the prototype, but then maybe I am just wasting my time and nobody cares.

So if you are interested, please subscribe to this list:

http://eepurl.com/cXO4dv

The specs are more less what we have discussed so far, including improved video, sound and processing power. We are still using 80s tech, no emulation, no FPGAs. Custom plastic case, full packaging, we are aiming at around $150.

Games will include Goonies, some Intellivision remakes, some arcade ports. I hope to have 2 to 4 games available day 1.

I think that if we can reach 300 units, this can happen. :)

Will keep you posted.

• Like 4