IGNORED

Help controller problem!

CrazyBoss

Hi, cause of problem with my cv, i changed back to my old faulty CV board, it works but one controller is faulty. I did change both controller ic's without any good result.

Its the default controller that dont work, so most games autostart cause they think a number key is pressed.

screenshot in a few minutes.

post-8557-0-17955200-1459707481_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrazyBoss

Its like controller FC always have this bit pattern 11111100 no madder what, both reading from port 80 and c0, so the game think joystick is pressed up and right.

and the key "3" is pressed.

So during development i am forced to use only FF joypad.

:( :( :(

Stupid questions first - are you sure it's the console and not your controller? Did you try swapping the controllers? Start it up without controllers attached?

If it isn't the controller, are you sure the controller ICs you replaced aren't bad? You should have 2.5 VDC on pins 3-9 of U18 and pins 2-8 of U19 in the normal state.

hi

i checket the voltages as you said above.

Stupid questions first - are you sure it's the console and not your controller? Did you try swapping the controllers? Start it up without controllers attached?

If it isn't the controller, are you sure the controller ICs you replaced aren't bad? You should have 2.5 VDC on pins 3-9 of U18 and pins 2-8 of U19 in the normal state.

I tried to exchange the ic's same result. I get 2.5v on the pins you explain above.

whats next?

Not sure if this would make a difference, but if you haven't done so already, disconnect everything from the expansion slot (keyboard interface, SGM, etc.) and try playing a game with just the controller connected.

If you have 2.5 VDC at U19 pins 2 and 3 with the controller connected then your inputs should be OK.

Check your solder connections at U19 pins 17 and 18.