IGNORED

My 'new' NES

Thanks Everyone! :)

I really am enjoying it! Got my highest score ever on Galaga a few days ago, 63150 points! For me,,, That's good! :D

I'll look into those games you mentioned lushgirl_80. :)

Man it's nice to play games on old hardware! :cool:

P.S. Mega Man 2 arrived yesterday. Have it on now and the music is great! :music:

Edited by Trinity
  • Like 4

I'm digging that CRT you have it hooked up to, looks nice a nice tidy setup on your desk! I know what you mean about playing games on the real hardware, you just can't beat it.

Yeah, I got it for free last year from my boss. It has great color and contrast! A perfect TV for what I'm using it for. :)

No pics at the moment. Most of my NES collection is in storage.

First, you picked a good system to collect for. There are a lot of very good games, and some excellent arcade ports. Galaga is almost a dead ringer for it's arcade cousin. Bubble Bobble, and Rainbow Islands are great ones too. Gyruss, Gauntlet.

Second... recommendations... depends on what you want to play. There are some good early RPGs that sorta set the bar on here. Dragon Warrior (any of them, 4 being pretty amazing), Final Fantasy wasn't bad, Zelda, There's a couple of Ultimas, Destiny of an Emperor. Anything from the Castlevania series. Gradius, River City Ransom, Rampage, RC Pro-Am is a fun little racer, Punch Out, Q Bert, Pacmania, Strider, Metal Storm, all of the SMB games, Shadowgate is a good point and click adventure, Kirby, Lolo, Adventure Island, Double Dragon series (3 is a pain). Battletoads, but the speeder bike stage will have you throwing the controller (it is passable).

Started with a 2600, then NES, and it just kept going from there. Lol.

Nice pickup! As others have said, you probably won't be disappointed by what the NES has to offer. That seems like a sweet set of games to start with; I'm a big fan of a lot of the arcade ports for the console, too. I was just playing some Galaga, also, earlier today!

You asked for pics; I tried to find one, but this is the best I can do at the moment. A recent pic from when I was playing Kung Fu. You can see my top loader on the right, and my AV Famicom to the left of it.

aMAW45Ql.jpg

Edited by laddersandcakes
  • Like 2

Anyone else have a nice picture of their beloved NES set-up? Feel free to share a picture. :-D

Sure!! I have a great sized game room and it's sitting on one of my shelves, but I will add some pics of my NES and my games. I have a few modded original xboxes and a modded Wii which has the whole library and some stored into the hard drives. I first played the NES at the age of six in 1987 and I just a youngin getting into video games and I was blown away at playing Super Mario Bros. Most of my heavy NES gameplaying days was from late 1988 to 1992. And when it comes to getting games for the system. I don't know which your favorite genre is. But some of my reccomendations are these. First, keep in mind a lot of the great games for the system are expensive! Notably the Mega Man series. But you can get 2 and 3 for a solid price as they are the cheapest of the 6 games and personally my favorites. I'll list some of the great games and then my library.

Mike Tyson's Punchout!!

Castlevania

Simon's Quest

Dracula's Curse (MUST HAVE!!)

Legend of Zelda (MUST HAVE!!)

Duck Tales

Metroid

Paperboy

Mario 2

Mario 3 (MUST HAVE)

Tetris

Ninja Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden 2

Ninja Turtles 2 The Arcade Game

Double Dragon

Double Dragon 2

Contra

And many of the Black Box games are some of the best! Also you should get a Famicom adapter (60 to 72 pin) to play some great Japanese games. There is also a great repro and homebrew library as well. Check out gamereproductions.com :)

1460242484296-1943172258_zpsjuduqwlt.jpg

1460242536577153098588_zpsxekd0puj.jpg?w

1460242573328-520087666_zps0q64e84m.jpg?

• Like 2

This is how it began for me. About 12 years ago I decided to get an NES and a few choice games... While hunting for NES titles I stumbled across a cheap Genesis and decided to get it and a few games. Friends saw my collection and were like hey I got an old 2600 want it?.... Then I stumbled across an atari 800xl. Later a TI 994a, and I just had to get a PEB box.... That got me nostalgic for my C64 days so I had to get one..... It goes on and on. Today I got a 32x and a bunch of games. It's a sickness. With games, controllers, power supplies, etc, it honestly has gotten out of hand, but I love it.

Edited by Dripfree
  • Like 4

Sure!! I have a great sized game room and it's sitting on one of my shelves, but I will add some pics of my NES and my games. I have a few modded original xboxes and a modded Wii which has the whole library and some stored into the hard drives. I first played the NES at the age of six in 1987 and I just a youngin getting into video games and I was blown away at playing Super Mario Bros. Most of my heavy NES gameplaying days was from late 1988 to 1992. And when it comes to getting games for the system. I don't know which your favorite genre is. But some of my reccomendations are these. First, keep in mind a lot of the great games for the system are expensive! Notably the Mega Man series. But you can get 2 and 3 for a solid price as they are the cheapest of the 6 games and personally my favorites. I'll list some of the great games and then my library.

Mike Tyson's Punchout!!

Castlevania

Simon's Quest

Dracula's Curse (MUST HAVE!!)

Legend of Zelda (MUST HAVE!!)

Duck Tales

Metroid

Paperboy

Mario 2

Mario 3 (MUST HAVE)

Tetris

Ninja Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden 2

Ninja Turtles 2 The Arcade Game

Double Dragon

Double Dragon 2

Contra

And many of the Black Box games are some of the best! Also you should get a Famicom adapter (60 to 72 pin) to play some great Japanese games. There is also a great repro and homebrew library as well. Check out gamereproductions.com :)

1460242484296-1943172258_zpsjuduqwlt.jpg

1460242536577153098588_zpsxekd0puj.jpg?w

1460242573328-520087666_zps0q64e84m.jpg?

Look at all those games!!! :jango:

• Like 1

Here's some of my favorite games for the NES in no particular order:

<----

Back to the Future

Monopoly

Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight

Super Mario Bros. 3

Arkanoid

Rush 'n Attack

Gotcha! The Sport! (Best Lightgun game in my opinion)

Operation Wolf

Bionic Commando

I'd highly reccomend getting any of these.

Edited by HawkMines
  • Like 1