IGNORED

thought peoples might get a giggle from this.

Lovely Planet is "family friendly" in aesthetics. It's brutal though.

Towers of guns is not as good, but is decent, and is pure guns, but there's nothing alive to kill, so might be considered family friendly? I'd have no issues with my daughter playing that at any age.

• Like 1

personally i never seen much less played a family friendly first-person-shooter!

is there such a thing? if so throw me a link cause i want that in my collection along with the family friendly playboy mansion game).

There is a (heavily modified) version of Doom called Chex Quest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chex_Quest

It is about as non-violent as one can get and still be considered a FPS. Enemies are not killed, but rather just teleported back to their homes.

• Like 2

I am impressed and entertained by how well you guys are addressing the challenge of finding family friendly fps. I admire the collective knowledge of this community, and I feel your powers should be tested further. Can you come up with any non-family friendly games like Mario Party? I'd like to find some games which don't necessarily require all people playing to have the thumb agility required by fps games so I can interest my girlfriend in playing more video games.

Well, there is Dokapon Kingdom -- it is a hybrid board game/RPG for up-to four players.

http://www.atlus.com/dokapon/

It can be played by a single player, but the computer cheats fiercely, so that is not too much fun.

There is some strategy and much luck involved in playing, but not so much fast reaction time.

Personally, I do not care much for games requiring "thumb agility" either.

Actually finding a copy may present a challenge, however, since Atlus games tend to have low print runs.

• Like 1

Wow, thanks for the response! That game looks pretty fun. The way you describe a conniving, cheating AI opponent actually makes me want it even more. The satisfaction when you beat the cheating bastard computer is truly sweet.

Edited by WispFollower

The petition is a joke in response to Blizzard's changing a female pose because some parent's eight year old girl idolized a character that had a mildly-sexual pose, or something. Because eight YOs should always be playing Teen-rated games.

http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2016/04/overwatch-petition-jokingly-asks-blizzard-to-remove-guns-gets-13600-signatures/

For the record, when I was a young pup our family-friendly FPSes were "Cowboys and Indians" and "Army Men". :grin:

post-39941-0-31418300-1459962804_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The petition is a joke in response to Blizzard's changing a female pose because some parent's eight year old girl idolized a character that had a mildly-sexual pose, or something. Because eight YOs should always be playing Teen-rated games.

http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2016/04/overwatch-petition-jokingly-asks-blizzard-to-remove-guns-gets-13600-signatures/

For the record, when I was a young pup our family-friendly FPSes were "Cowboys and Indians" and "Army Men". :grin:

Ah, people never seem to understand that ratings exist for a reason.

I remember playing with army men, I had a huge bucket of tans and greens, along with tanks, planes, jeeps, etc. Many, many hours were spent in the backyard placing rocks, building little fortresses, and stressing my mother out by digging around in the garden to create trenches! When I got older I was going to give them to a friend as he had a little guy that was old enough to play with them, but his wife wouldn't let me because she didn't want their kid playing with "violent" toys. I just don't get the world we live in anymore.

Thanks for the link though, I hadn't heard about this at all (I don't keep up with any kind of news for anything these days). What a gong-show, I can't believe how pervasive out "outrage culture" is getting. Yikes. Pretty soon I won't be able to take a dump in my own home without someone being "offended" by it.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifCap-Gun1.jpg

Should't the parents be put in jail and the 8 YEAR OLD kid go to a foster home because the parents LET her play a TEEN RATED game??? Neglect for sure! Aren't parents the ones SCREAMING for ratings and then don't follow them?

Heads up 8 year-olds kids...ask your parents if they can read ratings!

Edited by SoundGammon

Should't the parents be put in jail and the 8 YEAR OLD kid go to a foster home because the parents LET her play a TEEN RATED game??? Neglect for sure! Aren't parents the ones SCREAMING for ratings and then don't follow them?

Heads up 8 year-olds kids...ask your parents if they can read ratings!

A rating doesn't mean kids under that age shouldn't play the games. It means they can't buy the games and a gerenal indicative for lazy parents who don't look into the stuff they buy so they kinda know it's safe.

Does anyone really think you should absolutely be 18 yo to play CoD? We were all playing doom as 8 or 10yo (heck, many even younger), and Duke Nukem right after that.

Wen do people start telling kid's stories of witches trying to eat children and then being murdered for that? At 16yo?

Some people just can't separate fiction from reality, don't understand basic psychology or education and also have no idea what freedom of speech and artistic expression mean and their importance to a healthy society and for the individual human beings. That's not to say companies don't exploit sexuality and violence in ridiculous ways, and that some things don't need to rely on that as much as they tend to. But there's a healthy balance between allowing everyhting and forbidding everything.

As for the offensive post, the fabric covering the derriere doesn't make that much of a difference. To think that those of us lacking poker skills had to fiddle with filenames to reveal less detail ...

When I was young my parents obviously considered my computer affliction a good thing for my future as they never questioned what I did with the computer and how much time I spent in front of the screen.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

A rating doesn't mean kids under that age shouldn't play the games. It means they can't buy the games and a gerenal indicative for lazy parents who don't look into the stuff they buy so they kinda know it's safe.

Does anyone really think you should absolutely be 18 yo to play CoD? We were all playing doom as 8 or 10yo (heck, many even younger), and Duke Nukem right after that.

Wen do people start telling kid's stories of witches trying to eat children and then being murdered for that? At 16yo?

Some people just can't separate fiction from reality, don't understand basic psychology or education and also have no idea what freedom of speech and artistic expression mean and their importance to a healthy society and for the individual human beings. That's not to say companies don't exploit sexuality and violence in ridiculous ways, and that some things don't need to rely on that as much as they tend to. But there's a healthy balance between allowing everyhting and forbidding everything.

Be the same for taking a 8 year old to a R rated movie. You couldn't expect the theater to "tone it down" for the kid!

• Like 1

Here's the "victory pose" that started the whole brouhaha:

qi4BlF6jzzPm.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

So that this nonsense is all about? A skintight suit show some buttcrack? I can kind of see that so "problematic", from a certain point of view. Personally I think the design is a bit on the stupid side and just for titillation. Moral outrage is even more stupid. It reminds of those OUTRAGE! comic book covers featuring Spider Gwen by Frank Cho.