IGNORED

O/T: Rogue One

Fushek

Teaser Trailer is out today for the next Star Wars movie, Rogue One.

It has freaking AT-AT walkers ... it looks awesome!

So when is someone going to make a new Star Wars Intellivision game? Anyone? Anyone?

• Like 3

My first thought was a kind of game where you pilot a Millenium Falcon through the atmosphere of the planet-gun on an isometric 45-degree angle, but i think it would look too much like Space Patrol with slightly different graphics... not original enough. Thinking...

Teaser Trailer is out today for the next Star Wars movie, Rogue One.

It has freaking AT-AT walkers ... it looks awesome!

So when is someone going to make a new Star Wars Intellivision game? Anyone? Anyone?

According to Tarkin's Wikipedia page, Tarkin will be digitally inserted into this movie. I think they did that in Ep 3, too.

Mon Mothma is the ginger lady in the white robes.

I don't like how they found another teenage girl to be the hero of the movie (sorry - just seems to be more unnecessary feminization). Add a female elf, and love story, to the Hobbit movie to draw in more female viewers...why?

Also, do you really find a new potential spy, untested/untried, and bring him/her to your top secret base and meet with the rebel leaders? Then hope that they don't spill the beans when captured?

I don't like how they found another teenage girl to be the hero of the movie (sorry - just seems to be more unnecessary feminization).

Women make up 50% of the population. It seems reasonable to me that they are the lead 50% of the time.

• Like 3

Women make up 50% of the population. It seems reasonable to me that they are the lead 50% of the time.

I don't mean to add to the sausage-fest, but for better or worse, in real life women are not equally represented in all disciplines or roles. This is unfortunate for many reasons, but it is a fact.

Therefore, over-representing them in movies, or casting them in roles mostly represented by men in real life societies, may seem strange to some, and more than a bit of over-eager "politically correctness".

Just sayin'... I personally don't care either way. :shrug:

I'm looking forward to more Star Wars. :)

Carry on.

Edited by DZ-Jay

I really don't care if the lead is male or female as long as the story is good and the actor/actress nails the part.

Does Disney have a motive behind their female leads? Probably ... wouldn't doubt that they are trying to draw more women into the Star Wars world. They probably figure that:

A) All guys are going to go see it because it's Star Wars and has AT-AT walkers in it.

B) Some girls might be more willing to see it because their is a female lead character.

I'm not for casting women and forcing "equal movie lead/time quotas" but as long as the story/actress is good, all is fine by me.

• Like 2

I really don't care if the lead is male or female as long as the story is good and the actor/actress nails the part.

Does Disney have a motive behind their female leads? Probably ... wouldn't doubt that they are trying to draw more women into the Star Wars world. They probably figure that:

A) All guys are going to go see it because it's Star Wars and has AT-AT walkers in it.

B) Some girls might be more willing to see it because their is a female lead character.

I'm not for casting women and forcing "equal movie lead/time quotas" but as long as the story/actress is good, all is fine by me.

I must agree, its about the talent...

Hear! Hear! :thumbsup:

How long before there is a gay star wars character.......oh wait....C3po.

And don't forget Han's relationship with the guy in the furry costume all these years. Maybe in the up and coming Han Solo movie they'll show how Han got into furries.

In the up and coming Boba Fett movie it'll be revealed that under his costume he is "pre-op"

I find it interesting how much resistance there is to female leads to Star Wars movies. I've had similar conversations at work. In my honest opinion, male leads in Star Wars have been kinda overdone. The original 3 films are dreadfully lacking in women, much less actual lead roles. There's Leia.......and I seem to remember a blue chick and possibly a female Ewok. Midichlorian count, based on my knowledge, favor women no less than men and obviously have a genetic/inheritance component. Women are inherently different from men, so I welcome a new take on how the Force will manifest in the fairer gender. Rey is sexy as hell and portrayed quite well by Daisy Ridley :love: To anyone questioning her ability to successfully navigate the newest trilogy....I find you lack of confidence and arousal disturbing :-D

• Like 1

Midichlorian , was ever mentioned once in one episode then forgotten in the Star Wars sega... The force was intended to be bigger than that.. That's why I think it was never mentioned again and dropped. Im not even sure if it was ever mentioned in the books as well... not sure though..

Just a thought though..

Midichlorian , was ever mentioned once in one episode then forgotten in the Star Wars sega... The force was intended to be bigger than that.. That's why I think it was never mentioned again and dropped. Im not even sure if it was ever mentioned in the books as well... not sure though..

Just a thought though..

I found some info on Wookipedia, but don't remember that much detail from the core movies. I haven't experienced much of the expanded universe. It's a shame. Maybe it's the scientist in me, but I like that they use a measurable biological source to explain what most think of as magic or sorcery. Reminds me of something :D

I don't mean to add to the sausage-fest, but for better or worse, in real life women are not equally represented in all disciplines or roles. This is unfortunate for many reasons, but it is a fact.

Therefore, over-representing them in movies, or casting them in roles mostly represented by men in real life societies, may seem strange to some, and more than a bit of over-eager "politically correctness".

Just sayin'... I personally don't care either way. :shrug:

I'm looking forward to more Star Wars. :)

Carry on.

True. As the characters in the original movies are mostly warriors, smugglers, military and political figures, it shouldn't be a shock that they are mostly male.

True. As the characters in the original movies are mostly warriors, smugglers, military and political figures, it shouldn't be a shock that they are mostly male.

i cant totally agree. I can see more roles of woman in the future. Most men have strength in short spurts. Woman have endurance to go all day every day. Since caveman days that has been true. In caveman days woman spent all day and night cooking, cleaning, sewing, taking care of kids, farming and gathering fruits and vegetables while the men hang out with there buddies and drink. They may go on a hunt for a week and spend more time drinking and hanging out. They use there strength to kill the animal and carry it back to camp but spent far less time of actual work. That has been mostly so through all of time. With the changes in womans rights now and even military roles for woman changing now why wouldnt a woman be capable of fighting in the future?

i cant totally agree. I can see more roles of woman in the future. Most men have strength in short spurts. Woman have endurance to go all day every day. Since caveman days that has been true. In caveman days woman spent all day and night cooking, cleaning, sewing, taking care of kids, farming and gathering fruits and vegetables while the men hang out with there buddies and drink. They may go on a hunt for a week and spend more time drinking and hanging out. They use there strength to kill the animal and carry it back to camp but spent far less time of actual work. That has been mostly so through all of time. With the changes in womans rights now and even military roles for woman changing now why wouldnt a woman be capable of fighting in the future?

Yeah, but Star Wars was a long time ago, and in a galaxy far way....

so we ain't talking about fighting in the future, and maybe in their galaxy there hasn't been a '70s women's movement, but it appears that Disney is introducing one :lol: