IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Encyclopedia Book

DaddaRuleKonge

On the subject of GORF, the book says there was an initial limited run, then an unlimited run afterwards.

That "unlimited" run sure didn't last long as most of us missed out on it! Searching through the site here, looks like around 200 were made before production ceased.

Read it at work, I liked it.

Atari Jaguar Scart (Peritel) connecter needs a pic and a mention though.

Atari%20Jaguar%20Peritel%20Scart%20cabel

And Gorf was a professional released game

gorf%201_zpsukqptx57.jpg

I used the rarity list from atariage, and they list the game as "H" homebrew. I am not sure what defines a homebrew and what defines a official game. I guess that may be up to the collectors them self. Is games released aftermarket homebrew? I was also unsure if I should include the two BattleSphere games in the "official" list also.

By definition, there's nothing "official" about something that was released long after Atari went bust, by someone who wasn't an Atari registered developer back when such a thing existed.

Just because someone claims what they do "official", under the delusion that they're better than those "homebrew" developers, doesn't make it so.

• Like 3

I am good into the Atari 7800 PDF/Book. Does anyone have any tips on what hardware I should include in the book. It doesn't matter if its after market. Should I maybe open a new post on this on the 7800 forums?

Yes, make the Encyclopedia posts on the forum of the systems they relate to.

Once you do that you'll see that different sub-forums (systems) react differently .... you started with a tough nut (the Jag) it should be smooth sailing after that :)

• Like 1

There are other jaguar projects that you could mention such as jagfest, rental jag, rotary controller, white and clear shells, region mod, reset switch, led replacement, cine movies and Cj's ST conversions if you haven't already got them. On the 7800 it's worth mentioning the composite out mod (I think it was composite). Definitely get over to the 7800 forum, that's a whole nother can o worms.

Could you provide a link to your sms pdf please?

Edited by Guitari

I'm vaguely familiar with the Gorf release but obviously there is more to the story, can you give the Cliff (or Coles) Notes version or point people unfamiliar with the saga to a forum thread or web page that gives more details?

Nope. Let. It. Die. Cover the coffin with a tablecloth. And bury it at sea.

• Like 2

Professional released games don't tend to come on cheap shit green CD-R with inkjet printed stickers stuck on them.

FWIW, my "Special Release" seems to be screen (or at least directly inkjet) printed. Definitely not a sticker.

Bubsy Fractured Furry Tails Tales.

A common mistake. As much as I love the game it took me a while to narrow down the true name Actually for a while I wondered if there were two variants to the name depending on region. But as much as I would have liked more to collect of Bubsy, there is only one name. :D

post-4709-0-05692800-1460508736_thumb.png

Gave a few of your Ebooks a quick look and am very impressed. I'm very interested to see what you do for the Vectrex as its very difficult with all the homebrew releases. It would be pretty impossible without pictures and information from my website http://tbone1892001.wix.com/vectrex-guide. Even still, I haven't be able to get pictures for every release such as War of the Robots Omega and its been such an undertaking that I haven't gotten to screenshots either. I'm just now getting to adding individual pictures of manuals, carts and boxes and I still need to update the website to include Vectrexagon.

Gave a few of your Ebooks a quick look and am very impressed. I'm very interested to see what you do for the Vectrex as its very difficult with all the homebrew releases. It would be pretty impossible without pictures and information from my website http://tbone1892001.wix.com/vectrex-guide. Even still, I haven't be able to get pictures for every release such as War of the Robots Omega and its been such an undertaking that I haven't gotten to screenshots either. I'm just now getting to adding individual pictures of manuals, carts and boxes and I still need to update the website to include Vectrexagon.

Your site is great. Great layout and real fun to look through. I used some of the information from the site. The PDF was a little hard with all the homebrew, and it does miss alot of info on that subject. I hope it will be of some use for some though... https://daddarulekonge.itch.io/the-vectrex-encyclopedia-book