tf_hh

Sys-Check V2.2 ready-to-use batch available

On 12/7/2019 at 3:35 PM, Tezz said:

I'd also possibly be interested in a cased one. Has anyone modelled an XL or XE case for Sys-Check?

Would have to be a funky case as there the two sets of dip switches and the cartridge slot on top..

I'm ok with mine being bare, just careful with tea etc :)  (mind you, computer IT states that you don't have drinks etc near where you are working as part of its rules, and of course we all follow those rules :)  )

2 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

Would have to be a funky case as there the two sets of dip switches and the cartridge slot on top..

I'm ok with mine being bare, just careful with tea etc :)  (mind you, computer IT states that you don't have drinks etc near where you are working as part of its rules, and of course we all follow those rules :)  )

Yea that would be fine Paul for the XE with an access hole for the dip switches and a slot for the cart. I guess if it's intended to be used purely as external RAM, another case with only the cart slot exposed could be created for the XE and a totally closed case for the XL would be an option too.

Hi,

I made a case out of an old tape cassette case, just went at it with a hacksaw and some glue. I'll post some pictures when I can, though it does not look so great, but would keep any stray drinks, etc., off the Sys-Check, which is why I made it in the first place.

7 hours ago, orgi666 said:

Just curious, would it be possible to use this approach to make let's say "solderless Antonia"?

Not really. Antonia replaces also the CPU, O.S. ROM, Basic-ROM and some other stuff. To do this, you need access and control of the whole computer. For one example, the peripheral chips like PIA, POKEY etc. must be synchronized with PHI2 output from the CPU. Without hardware modding this wouldn´t be possible. And much more issues which prevent such from a stable working solution. IMHO - maybe other guys have a different sight.

Even if there was a way around it I'd expect it would be a messy nightmare of an install, soldering and component removal is not always fun but effective..

Hi,

Here are pics of the case I made for my Sys-Check 2 out of an old cassette tape box. @Gunstar came up with the idea, and has done a better job, but this works for me even though it is a little rough and ready!

Also, this is only good for a 600/800XL, I think you would need quite a different design for an XE.

1.Trimmed Case, DIP Switch cutout marked up.jpg

2. DIP Switch Slot cut then superglued together.jpg

3.Wooden block PVA glued into place.jpg

4.PVA glue dry and case ready to use.jpg

5.Front view 800XL.jpg

6. Rear View 800XL.jpg

• Like 5

On 12/10/2019 at 11:10 PM, orgi666 said:

Just curious, would it be possible to use this approach to make let's say "solderless Antonia"?

ANTONIA is an internal upgrade but it is also a completely solderless solution if your chips are socketed. 

On 12/11/2019 at 12:54 PM, E474 said:

Hi,

Here are pics of the case I made for my Sys-Check 2 out of an old cassette tape box. @Gunstar came up with the idea, and has done a better job, but this works for me even though it is a little rough and ready!

Also, this is only good for a 600/800XL, I think you would need quite a different design for an XE.

1.Trimmed Case, DIP Switch cutout marked up.jpg

2. DIP Switch Slot cut then superglued together.jpg

3.Wooden block PVA glued into place.jpg

4.PVA glue dry and case ready to use.jpg

5.Front view 800XL.jpg

6. Rear View 800XL.jpg

Sorry to show you up on such a trivial thing, but as you said, yours is for function, not form or aesthetics. But I re-did my Syscheck 2.2 case, using 2 tape cases to complete it, as shown below, which now goes with the 800XL. I bought a new Syscheck 2.2 XL for my 1200XL w/PBI. It lays flat behind the computer. I still need to make a case for it now. I have +5V power on both my PBI's, so no need to the power cord to joystick port, but I left it there and just tucked it away under a door I made for the extended cartridge, to hide it as it's not needed for XL's. But the same as you, it's made for using it with an XL and the case would have to be re-designed for XE's.

IMG_20191215_151844.jpg

IMG_20191215_151858.jpg

IMG_20191215_151932.jpg

IMG_20191215_152006.jpg

IMG_20191215_152014.jpg

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 3

Hi,

due to the Coronavirus crisis and worldwide limited capacities in postal services, the DHL / Deutsche Post company has reducing their service.

Using "cheap" shipments isn´t possible to the USA and some other destinations from now on. The cheapest shipping price to worldwide destinations exceeds 50 Euros each, because DHL/Deutsche Post only accepts standard parcels with extra-service "Premium". This is nonsense regarding my 100-200 grams small items...

So until the extreme high shipping costs aren´t accepted, I can´t take any orders from the U.S. until the crises ends.

Best regards - and please stay healthy!

- Jurgen

Edited by tf_hh
DHL already forbids to use "Päckchens"
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 5:28 AM, tf_hh said:

Best regards - and please stay healthy!

- Jurgen

Thanks Jurgen for the update.  Please keep yourself safe and healthy as well.

Mike