IGNORED

alphacom 422 or atari 822 40 column printer

rockdoc2010

The information necessary to build your own 850 to Centronics printer port cable is available at Atarimania, bottom of the linked page. Atari seems to have tried to keep the cable simple, of the 12 needed connections pins 1 thru 8 connect straight through.

http://www.atarimania.com/faq-atari-400-800-xl-xe-what-is-the-atari-850-interface-module_38.html

The information necessary to build your own 850 to Centronics printer port cable is available at Atarimania, bottom of the linked page. Atari seems to have tried to keep the cable simple, of the 12 needed connections pins 1 thru 8 connect straight through.

http://www.atarimania.com/faq-atari-400-800-xl-xe-what-is-the-atari-850-interface-module_38.html

Thanks Bill but its not a cable issue.. mabye.. I dont have a clue as to the "Atari Interface cartridge" that plugs into the alpha com 422

no I bought and alphacom 422 and when I fired it up in test mode it had paper advance issues. What i NEED is an atari 822! and an atari unterface cable for the alphacom.. I can live with a bad tooth(I got it for free).. but there is a long wide cartridge that inserts into the back of the alphacom that allows the unit to talk with the atari (850 i think)..

its a schematic issue.. i can do any wiring needed but if the cartridge has a chip I am not looking good