IGNORED

Atari 7800 Rewritable Multigame Cartridge

vectrexroli

Froggie with POKEY sound, named Froggie.32P works 100%. Played into the 3rd level.

I was using a custom, but 7800 wired, Joystick.

I mentioned this before, but naming the same ROM .32K will give the TIA sound.

Can you post a link to the Froggie ROM that you used? - Thanks. :)

Should I post my video...? hmmm....

Oh I noticed something happened with my dropbox links not working. Likely due to me having to restore my hard drive files sunday so...here are two fresh links to the large and small labels I made up.

Link to full size standard 7800 label:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg3szt9cyqmnj1g/Mateos_7800_Label.png?dl=0

Link to half size smaller label for carts that have been cut out for v3 boards:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2vkg60jypvqw0v/Mateos_7800_SM_Label.png?dl=0

Also I have a spare cut cart for use with unmodded v3 multicarts if someone wants it? Only pay shipping?

• Like 1

Should I post my video...? hmmm....

Oh I noticed something happened with my dropbox links not working. Likely due to me having to restore my hard drive files sunday so...here are two fresh links to the large and small labels I made up.

Link to full size standard 7800 label:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg3szt9cyqmnj1g/Mateos_7800_Label.png?dl=0

Link to half size smaller label for carts that have been cut out for v3 boards:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2vkg60jypvqw0v/Mateos_7800_SM_Label.png?dl=0

Also I have a spare cut cart for use with unmodded v3 multicarts if someone wants it? Only pay shipping?

Don't risk it. It's not worth it. - It's out there. It can be found. ;)

• 1 month later...

Hint for those who might face the same issue:

I had the situation that only bank 0 cloud be flashed correctly.
After playing around a lot with all different banks and types of cartridges it turned out that I had connected the burner to a USB 3.0 instead of a USB 2.0 port of the laptop.
As soon as i used one of the USB 2.0 ports, it all worked fine.

• Like 1

Hint for those who might face the same issue:

I had the situation that only bank 0 cloud be flashed correctly.

After playing around a lot with all different banks and types of cartridges it turned out that I had connected the burner to a USB 3.0 instead of a USB 2.0 port of the laptop.

As soon as i used one of the USB 2.0 ports, it all worked fine.

That's weird. I had a card that wouldn't copy anything. Juan determined it was messed up so he sent me a new one. My new card works fine with USB 3.0. Granted I delete any existing roms in slots before I copy over new ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

I have been working to extend the capabilities of the Mateos Atari 7800 rewritable card and burner, and have managed to add 2 new formats:

• 48P: For 48k games with pokey at $4000; the write operations at $4000-$7FFF are sent to the Pokey, but the read operations are sent to the flash memory.
  • S9P: For 144k games with pokey at $4000; the write operations at $4000-$7FFF are sent to the Pokey, but the read operations are sent to the flash memory.

Some of your cards can already use these two formats, but unfortunately others will require a two-step update:

• Firmware upgrade in the burner.
  • IC replacement in the rewritable card.

If your system needs to be updated, I will be pleased to do it free of charge (although would appreciate your collaboration with the shipping cost (shipping from Spain costs 6.55€)). If you are interested, please use the contact form of my website:

http://www.vectrex.hackermesh.org/index.php/en/contact

• Like 5

About time you let this cat outta the bag! LOL

I've been enjoying Bentley and Tep's DK XM for sometime now on mine and encourage everyone with Mateos 16 in 1 contact Tep about getting a full rom release of DK XM for your flash cart.

• Like 2

About time you let this cat outta the bag! LOL

I've been enjoying Bentley and Tep's DK XM for sometime now on mine and encourage everyone with Mateos 16 in 1 contact Tep about getting a full rom release of DK XM for your flash cart.

I just want to clarify that the full rom is available to anyone who has purchased DK XM or DK PK cartridges. PM me if interested.

• Like 4

Dear all,

I have been working to extend the capabilities of the Mateos Atari 7800 rewritable card and burner, and have managed to add 2 new formats:

• 48P: For 48k games with pokey at $4000; the write operations at $4000-$7FFF are sent to the Pokey, but the read operations are sent to the flash memory.
  • S9P: For 144k games with pokey at $4000; the write operations at $4000-$7FFF are sent to the Pokey, but the read operations are sent to the flash memory.

Some of your cards can already use these two formats, but unfortunately others will require a two-step update:

• Firmware upgrade in the burner.
  • IC replacement in the rewritable card.

If your system needs to be updated, I will be pleased to do it free of charge (although would appreciate your collaboration with the shipping cost (shipping from Spain costs 6.55€)). If you are interested, please use the contact form of my website:

http://www.vectrex.hackermesh.org/index.php/en/contact

Juan,

I am curious since my cart is a newer cart #56. Is it already capable to do use these new formats?

Juan,

I am curious since my cart is a newer cart #56. Is it already capable to do use these new formats?

I would assume that if you can download and play the DK XM demos and get those to work, that your cart is able to support these newer formats. I'm not sure which number my cart is. I know there is a number on my Burner/Dumper, but not on the 16 in 1 that I noticed?

• Like 1

I would assume that if you can download and play the DK XM demos and get those to work, that your cart is able to support these newer formats. I'm not sure which number my cart is. I know there is a number on my Burner/Dumper, but not on the 16 in 1 that I noticed?

There is a black punch label stuck on top of one of the chips on the cart.

This kind of label.

il_570xN.324218626.jpg

Hmm...I don't recall seeing any sort of Dynamo type label on any of my chips and I even desoldered the daughterboard and soldered it without the headers so it would fit into a standard 7800 shell. I would have noticed something like that if it had it. As I said I just have a piece of tape with a red sharpy marker used to drawe 340 on my burner/dumper.

I know for a fact mine doesn't have any sticker of any kind on those chips. So again I've really no idea what number mine is. I know I can play S9P games on mine,

Is there a game or demo that uses the 48P method that I could try?

Eitherway, mine isn't easily able to be redone since I de-soldered the backpack/daughter board headers and soldered the secondary board directly to lower the height of the overall card to fit into a standard 7800 case without cutting it out.

I know for a fact mine doesn't have any sticker of any kind on those chips. So again I've really no idea what number mine is. I know I can play S9P games on mine,

Is there a game or demo that uses the 48P method that I could try?

Eitherway, mine isn't easily able to be redone since I de-soldered the backpack/daughter board headers and soldered the secondary board directly to lower the height of the overall card to fit into a standard 7800 case without cutting it out.

I think my original Donkey Kong POKEY hack is the only one. The original binary can be found here.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/171671-surprise-donkey-kong-with-pokey-sound/page-1?do=findComment&comment=2125558