IGNORED

Tech help with a pong Gamatic 7600

CrazyBoss

Hi.

I wanted to show my son (age 8) and wife about early Computer game history, and took my Pong Gamatic 7600 from the Basement, and start to connect it to the tv, my wife said it smells like burning, and she was right :( - Last time I used the game was 15+ year ago, and it worked great.

It seems like a big resistor is burned out. I cant see what value it have.

The caps looks good but again they might be out of specs. since the game is from the 70's i guess.

Previous I have repaired a Humax Satelite box (PSU), cause the resistor also burned, in that case you had to change a CAP, a Z Diod and the burned out Resistor.

Wonder if its the same here, I see a cap and a Z Diod near the burnedout resistor.

Hi.

I wanted to show my son (age 8) and wife about early Computer game history, and took my Pong Gamatic 7600 from the Basement, and start to connect it to the tv, my wife said it smells like burning, and she was right :( - Last time I used the game was 15+ year ago, and it worked great.

It seems like a big resistor is burned out. I cant see what value it have.

The caps looks good but again they might be out of specs. since the game is from the 70's i guess.

Previous I have repaired a Humax Satelite box (PSU), cause the resistor also burned, in that case you had to change a CAP, a Z Diod and the burned out Resistor.

Wonder if its the same here, I see a cap and a Z Diod near the burnedout resistor.

Pictures would be a great help in identifying the issue. It's also unlikely that a resistor burned out (maybe it's something you're confusing for a resistor?). If a resistor blew - it's likely that the whole system went as well. Also - how can you see that a diode is burned out? Did you test it with a multimeter? I'm also curious how you can tell it's a Zener Diode just by looking at it...

Anyways, yeah we need some pictures or else no one can really help you...

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...