IGNORED

Finally ... modded 7800

Jaynz

Well, had a friend of mine, a local game store owner and tech, mod my 7800. I cannot believe how much of a difference this made, pretty graphics, crisp sound. Sadly my TV has been taken over by the kidlets and their Wii U... but clear 7800 gaming will be mine! MINE!

• Like 2

Just component, so nothing too sexy. (And it's usually the only slots open on any given TV in the house. HDMI is taken up with the new-gen stuff.) Matt did an amazing job of the mounts as well, as they look like they belong on the 7800. I'll try to get pictures up in the near future, in between the myriad of other things I need to get done.

ooooooooh.

Do you have any more info on this? I'd live to try a DIY HDMI mod if I knew the wiring.

Edited by 78001987

ooooooooh.

Do you have any more info on this? I'd live to try a DIY HDMI mod if I knew the wiring.

Sorry, no more info on this. I was just as surprised as you when i first saw the HDMI option! But, we might have to contact the seller to see if they can offer any advice on how they did it. :)

This is COMPOSITE video not component.

For anyone else who is wondering. A Component YPbPr mod/HDMI mod is not possible on the 7800

Edited by SwampFox56
  • Like 1

Correct that auction listed above is simply cramming a composite/s-video to HDMI converter inside the 7800 and then running an HDMI cable out the back. You can tell this from the screen shot that has the two small buttons. Those are from the converter box to select between 50hz/60hz and 720p/1080p selections. I use the same type only not crammed into my consoles and instead have it velcro attached on the side of my console cabinet.