IGNORED

Service Offered - NESRGB/2600RGB + More RGB Installations!

SwampFox56

Hey guys! I'm happy to say that I'm now offering the option to install NESRGB and 2600RGB mods! This thread is all about the RGB and Component Video mods I'm offering for various systems. I will update this periodically when I have something more to offer! :)

My name is Zeke Ortiz (my online alias is The SwampFox or SwampFox56). Four years ago, I took a required class on the fundamentals of soldering on Integrated Circuits. I instantly found that I had a knack for it, and since then, I've learned even more than what I was trained to solder on. I've gotten very good at it and now feel comfortable offering my soldering skills up as a service for those who wish to have their vintage game consoles modded – but don't have the know-how to do it themselves.

On all consoles I mod, I replace some essential things that will ultimately extend the consoles life (like voltage regulators, capacitors, etc.).I also charge a flat fee of $11.65 for return shipping on all systems. (How did I get $11.65? Well I took $8 and added $3.65 onto it. The $3.65 is to pay for PayPal fee's)

For all other Modifications and Repairs - please refer to my original thread.

RGB and Component Video (YPbPr) Mods!

Atari 2600 (works on all 4-Switch, and 6-Switch Models. No Jr. Support)

• ​RGB Video Mod (You have to send me a controller in addition to the system) - $100
    • Comes with Dual Mono audio, ability to pause games, and remote reset, select, and palette select built into the controller! The Atari 2600RGB mod does not come with a palette switch built into the system by default. Therefore, I will not install a palette switch unless specifically requested. I can use the existing channel switch (if your system has one) - or for an additional fee of $10, I will install my own switch. In addition, I can keep RF video intact if you like. But I will remove the RF modulator unless specifically requested otherwise.
  • If you get your system RGB modded, I can also install these for a fraction of what they would normally cost.
    • Composite Video - $5
    • S-Video - $10
    • Palette Switch - $10 (only $5 if I remove RF modulator and use channel switch)
    • Power LED Install - (Red, Green, Blue... you name it!) - $5
  • ​​YPbPr Component Video Out (Requires 2600RGB Mod) (Requires a TV that supports 240P) - $35
    • 3.5mm to Component YPbPr jack install - $0
    • Component RCA Video Jacks - $5 (See below)

Nintendo Entertainment System (Works on all Original Frontloader (NES-001) and TopLoader (NES-101) Systems. Can also be installed into Original Famicom, Sharp Twin Famicom, and the AV Famicom)

NES FrontLoader (NES-001)

• ​RGB Video Mod (Dual Mono Audio included) - $100
  • If you get your system RGB modded, I can also install these for a fraction of what they would normally cost.
    • Composite Video - $5
    • S-Video - $10
    • True Stereo Audio Mod (See options below…)
      • True Direct Stereo (Gives you Stereo Audio only, No option of switching to Mono) - $10
      • Mono - Stereo Switch (Switch between Stereo and Mono audio) - $15
      • Stereo Mixing Knob (With this mod, I mix Stereo Audio with Mono Audio. You can adjust the ratio of Mono to Stereo with the mixing knobs. This provides the best audio as higher frequencies are played on separate speakers – while lower frequencies are retained on both sides) - $25
    • Palette Switch Install - $10
    • Power LED Replacement - (Red, Green, Blue... you name it!) - $5
  • ​​YPbPr Component Video Out (Requires NESRGB Mod) (Requires a TV that supports 240P) - $35
    • Component RCA Video Jacks - $5 (See Below)

NES TopLoader (NES-101)

I am definitely offfering NESRGB installs on the NES Toploader. However, I'm getting in contact with Helder (the maker of the replacement NES Toploader back-panel and other Nintendo Style Multi-Out socket before I put up the complete ad. Feel free to contact me about the Toploader, but I need a couple of days to get this part of the thread updated.

Regarding the 2600RGB and NESRGB mods

If you get your system Component modded with the NESRGB and/or 2600RGB - By default I will use the output cable that comes with Tim Worthingtons YPbPr kit shown below.

549_image.jpg

I can, if you like, install Component Video RCA Jacks (as well as Composite and Audio RCA Jacks) instead of the 3.5mm to Component RCA female plugs; like the jacks shown below.

compjack250.jpg

Edited by SwampFox56

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/19/2016 at 7:57 AM, SwampFox56 said:

Hey guys! I'm happy to say that I'm now offering the option to install NESRGB and 2600RGB mods! This thread is all about the RGB and Component Video mods I'm offering for various systems. I will update this periodically when I have something more to offer! :)

My name is Zeke Ortiz (my online alias is The SwampFox or SwampFox56). Four years ago, I took a required class on the fundamentals of soldering on Integrated Circuits. I instantly found that I had a knack for it, and since then, I've learned even more than what I was trained to solder on. I've gotten very good at it and now feel comfortable offering my soldering skills up as a service for those who wish to have their vintage game consoles modded – but don't have the know-how to do it themselves.

On all consoles I mod, I replace some essential things that will ultimately extend the consoles life (like voltage regulators, capacitors, etc.).I also charge a flat fee of $11.65 for return shipping on all systems. (How did I get $11.65? Well I took $8 and added $3.65 onto it. The $3.65 is to pay for PayPal fee's)

• RGB Video Mod (You have to send me a controller in addition to the system) - $100
    • Comes with Dual Mono audio, ability to pause games, and remote reset, select, and palette select built into the controller! The Atari 2600RGB mod does not come with a palette switch built into the system by default. Therefore, I will not install a palette switch unless specifically requested. I can use the existing channel switch (if your system has one) - or for an additional fee of $10, I will install my own switch. In addition, I can keep RF video intact if you like. But I will remove the RF modulator unless specifically requested otherwise.
    • Composite Video - $5
    • S-Video - $10
    • Palette Switch - $10 (only $5 if I remove RF modulator and use channel switch)
  • YPbPr Component Video Out (Requires 2600RGB Mod) (Requires a TV that supports 240P) - $35

Nintendo Entertainment System (Works on all Original Frontloader (NES-001) and TopLoader (NES-101) Systems. Can also be installed into Original Famicom, Sharp Twin Famicom, and the AV Famicom)

• RGB Video Mod (Dual Mono Audio included) - $100
    • Composite Video - $5
    • S-Video - $10
      • True Direct Stereo (Gives you Stereo Audio only, No option of switching to Mono) - $10
      • Stereo Mixing Knob (With this mod, I mix Stereo Audio with Mono Audio. You can adjust the ratio of Mono to Stereo with the mixing knobs. This provides the best audio as higher frequencies are played on separate speakers – while lower frequencies are retained on both sides) - $25
  • YPbPr Component Video Out (Requires NESRGB Mod) (Requires a TV that supports 240P) - $35

NES TopLoader (NES-101)

I am definitely offfering NESRGB installs on the NES Toploader. However, I'm getting in contact with Helder (the maker of the replacement NES Toploader back-panel and other Nintendo Style Multi-Out socket before I put up the complete ad. Feel free to contact me about the Toploader, but I need a couple of days to get this part of the thread updated.

If you get your system Component modded with the NESRGB and/or 2600RGB - By default I will use the output cable that comes with Tim Worthingtons YPbPr kit shown below.

549_image.jpg

I can, if you like, install Component Video RCA Jacks (as well as Composite and Audio RCA Jacks) instead of the 3.5mm to Component RCA female plugs; like the jacks shown below.

compjack250.jpg

2600RGB on a atati

On 4/19/2016 at 7:57 AM, SwampFox56 said:

• RGB Video Mod (You have to send me a controller in addition to the system) - $100
    • Composite Video - $5
    • S-Video - $10
  • YPbPr Component Video Out (Requires 2600RGB Mod) (Requires a TV that supports 240P) - $35

• RGB Video Mod (Dual Mono Audio included) - $100
    • Composite Video - $5
    • S-Video - $10
  • YPbPr Component Video Out (Requires NESRGB Mod) (Requires a TV that supports 240P) - $35

NES TopLoader (NES-101)

549_image.jpg

compjack250.jpg

2600RGB install on atari 2600 do you still do them. Thanks