IGNORED

I think Tigervision is the best company to collect for

homerwannabee

Yeah, I know it's been awhile since I posted anything since ironically this "speed collector" became a hard core gamer, but an idea flashed into my head. Tigervision is probably the best company to collect for. Yeah, their games are not the greatest, but I am not talking about playing I am talking about collecting. Because of this there is two things Tigervision has going for it.

1)They are hard to find. All the games are a rarity 5 and up.

2) and most importantly, they have some of the most stunning box art imaginable.

On number two, I only had one box from Tigervision from all my years of collecting, and that was Miner2049er. Whenever I went through my boxes this when I would look for just a little longer, and marvel at the very fine art for a third party company. Tigervision simply looks good in anybody's collection. It definitely is an eye catcher.

Edited by homerwannabee
  • Like 1

You're right. The Tigervision game boxes certainly are eye catching. I was like you for quite a while with Miner as my only box. I've since added several but I know I'll never get the grand daddy of them all River Patrol. That unfortunately will always be a glaring hole on my shelf. ?

I own the following Tigervision games: Espial, Jawbreaker, Polaris and Threshold. I have the box for Espial, but the rest are lose.

Of the four carts, the artwork for Threshold is my favorite, followed Polaris, Espial and Jawbreaker.

I guess the only tigervision I'm missing is the blue label Polaris which I don't see a need in having if the green label I have is the rarer of the 2 anyway. They do stack up nicely. About the only one of them to me that's very good is Jawbreaker, the rest just don't have very good game play in my opinion.

IMAG0246

• Like 1

They got good games too. I love King Kong, excellent game, and of course, Miner 2049er series, classic game without a doubt. springer is great, Marauder too.

The Video Game Critic hated Marauder but I always thought it was fun. His biggest gripe with the game is that it is too easy. That may be the case but sometimes I'd rather enjoy the pleasure of just kicking ass over the challenge of becoming super skilled at something that is of no value in the "real world". The classic PC game, "Shadow Warrior" made fun of this point of view when the game character (Lo Wang) says, "Much rather kick ass than solve puzzle..."

• Like 1

I guess the only tigervision I'm missing is the blue label Polaris which I don't see a need in having if the green label I have is the rarer of the 2 anyway. They do stack up nicely. About the only one of them to me that's very good is Jawbreaker, the rest just don't have very good game play in my opinion.

Wow...River Patrol. Nice!

The Video Game Critic hated Marauder but I always thought it was fun. His biggest gripe with the game is that it is too easy. That may be the case but sometimes I'd rather enjoy the pleasure of just kicking ass over the challenge of becoming super skilled at something that is of no value in the "real world". The classic PC game, "Shadow Warrior" made fun of this point of view when the game character (Lo Wang) says, "Much rather kick ass than solve puzzle..."

Marauder is way too easy... if you start on the default level. Choose game 4 and you will get your ass kicked in hard right from the first stage. Great game, and it gets a lot more intense than 2600 Berzerk.

Also, the Miner 2049er games would be a lot better if it were possible to jump over enemies without dying,

I beg to differ.... the best company to collect for is Telesys!!!!

ram it

cosmic creep

demolition herby

stargunner

and....

fast food!!!

fast food (concept, cover, design...) in my opinion is the quintessential '80's game!!!

• 2 weeks later...