IGNORED

"ATARI COLLECTOR PINS - 1ST EDITION" • GENUINE ARTIFACT **RARE, VINTAGE ('8

theOzman

***AUCTION NOW OVER!!! ITEM HAS SOLD!!!!***

Hi ATARI AGE forum!

SUPER RARE and YOU'LL LIKELY NEVER SEE ANOTHER ONE OF THESE OFFERED - Take a moment to preview the link towards the middle of this post and read about an auction that I have going on for a genuine ATARI artifact. What I'm auctioning is a framed set of ATARI COLLECTOR PINS - FIRST EDITION - of which there were only ever 10 made - Hand numbered (this one is #2) - which were to be given out to ATARI's top executives, way back in 1983. My father, Don Osborne, was VP of marketing (thats him in my avatar) at the time these pins were released in April of 1983, so this is an original, personal item that's been in our family ever since. The only reason that I'm parting with it is because I have tons of this original ATARI stuff and it's only been sitting in a closet for 33 years. Seems a shame that some fan doesn't have this adorning their game room wall, so if you're interested, please let me know?

DETAILS IN SHORT: Farmed set of the first 10, 1st EDITION, ATARI COLLECTOR PINS - Hand numbered set (this #2 of only 10)

Here's the link to the eBay auction - NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!

Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions concerning this auction?

Matt Oz

I can be reached at - NO LONGER VALID

post-46244-0-69322500-1461085927_thumb.jpg

post-46244-0-59949900-1461085995_thumb.jpg

post-46244-0-07655700-1461086010_thumb.jpg

post-46244-0-65881200-1461086022_thumb.jpg

post-46244-0-23522000-1461086059_thumb.jpg

post-46244-0-16003200-1461086072_thumb.jpg

Edited by theOzman

Hi guys,

As far as I know, the reason that there are only 10 pins represented here is because these were the ones that were hot off the press, so to speak, and any others that were to follow, such as FOOD FIGHT, STAR WARS, etc, hadn't been minted yet, nor had they been released to the public. These 10 pins were exclusively packaged in the framed boxes and then presented to top ATARI executives, such as my late father, Don Osborne. Any inquires that I've made to fellow ATARIANS (i.e. past ATARI employees) has led me to discovering that no else has kept theres. That doesn't mean that there aren't others out (maybe sitting in someone's closet like our has), but there is a high likelihood that they wont show up anytime soon on the collector's market.

Thanks for your replies here.

Matt

I've received some messages asking to confirm the authenticity of the item being auctioned. All that I can add is further proof that my father was, in fact, a top executive at ATARI during the time these ATARI COLLECTORS PINS - FIRST EDITION were assembled. Here is his business card, laid across a sheet of his ATARI company letterhead. If anything, being that the card is well over 30 years old, it's just really cool to look at. :)

DON_OZ_Business_card_zps8lsfmswv.jpg

I have tons of ATARI artifacts and memorabilia that I'll be parting with and I'd like them to eventually get into the hands of collectors who really can appreciate them for the shear nostalgia and for their historical significance.

Thanks and please feel free to forward your inquiries to my email address below.

Matt Oz.

ozfridayATearthlink.net

That's great, I think some people are a bit turned off by the "greedy" starting price. You should let collectors decide what it is worth.

$0.02

Thanks for your feedback, CPUWIZ. Please note that item is, actually, a "Buy It Now" auction, where collectors can make an offer of any price. I am very open to this. So far, I have have gotten 9 offers, some low and some high, but I'm waiting to make sure that the auction runs long enough to reach as many ATARI collectors as is possible, so that they get an equal chance to acquire it.

Thanks again for your feedback. It's very appreciated.

Best,

Oz

Cool, I like reasonable people, most new members who post items like this would have flown off the handle. :thumbsup:

lol! Well, I certainly hope that I come across as reasonable. My overall asking price for my item is only reflective, I believe, of it's coolness and importance as a true piece of ATARI history. Stay tuned as I'll be previewing a real ONE OF KIND piece of ATARI history that a true die hard fan would likely kill to own.

Oz

Here's a preview of an important ATARI artifact that should make fans on this page drool. This is a hand made ATARI logo, circa 1982, that ATARI art director (and original designer of the iconic ATARI fuji logo) George Opperman created to commemorate ATARI's 10th ANNIVERSARY (see attached photo - also seen on pg 622 of the recently published book, ATARI: BUSINESS IF FUN). This particular piece, an 18in X 25in sheet of plexiglass with multi-colored strips of plastic on it. As far I know, it was only used at the ATARI 10th Anniversary ceremony that was held at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu, in April of 1982. I haven't seen it's design used anywhere else, but this specific piece originally adorned the podium at the celebration where everyone got up and talked about the evolution of the company (It can easily be seen in the video that was put together of the event - which I have a copy of and will offer a DVD of with the sale of the art.) Again, this will be offered as a true ONE OF A KIND item and, likely, will appeal to die-hard ATARI collectors who're looking to acquire high end collectibles.

ATARI%20-%2010th%20ANNIVERASARY%20LOGO_G

Enjoy the preview and stay tuned for an official announcement of the auction.

Oz

Thanks for all the inquires and replies on here. It's great to see that ATARI is still as alive as it ever was and is appreciated for all it's unique coolness.

This isn't an auction item, but I thought I'd share it on here for you guys. It's taken from a cassette tape that I have (the only known, existing copy) of Chubby Checker singing the DIG DUG song.

https://soundcloud.com/theozman/dig-dug-sung-by-cubby-checker

Enjoy!

Oz

Edited by theOzman

Hi Atari Age forum,

I've gotten several bids on this item, so if anyone has been on the fence with deciding to make a reasonable offer, now's the time to do it. I'll be choosing on a final bidder this week.

As always, thanks for your interest.

Matt Oz.

ozfridayATearthlink.net

I have neither an original release set nor the retail display, so I had to make my own shadow box. Good luck with your sale.

attachicon.gifAtari pins shadow box.jpg

That's really cool, Zwackery! I get a real kick that people LOVE their ATARI stuff enough to make an effort to display it with such passion. Thanks for posting. :)

Oh... and the item that I've listed has pretty much SOLD, just awaiting final confirmation of the transaction then I'll officially update this post that it's a done deal.

Best,

Matt Oz

• 3 years later...