IGNORED

HSC13 Round 8 Poll

Pick the Round 8 Tourney Theme  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Suggest games too, see post below for details

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This will be a Tournament Round... probably a 3 weeker, and you will pick the theme. Fire away with suitable game SUGGESTIONS especially on choices One and Three, I'll add them in below. I've added one two a few for now. Nothing is definite until it starts after the Up'n Down and Catch-Up Missed games round ends :) [some of the new games are ports too]

The winning categories from the Pre-Poll Poll are:

ONE - New Games

Deathchase XE [2013] RGB [2014] Caveblaster (original version) [2013] E-Type [2016]

deathchase_xe.pngrgb.pngcaveblaster.pnge-type.png

TWO - Castles

Castles and Keys Castle Assault Castle Wolfenstein Castle Hassel

castles_and_keys.pngcastle_assault.pngcastle_wolfenstein.pngcastle_hassle.png

THREE - Really Bad Games! (Ideally ones we haven't HSC played before)

*Ulf's Berzerk v2! [Download from post 1 HSC10R9] Xenon Raid Cosmic Life The Comet Game Spark Bugs Exocet Blast Off Hawk Fire E.T. Phone Home Ok our version is not really that bad! Monkey Magic...

these may not be so bad you tell me guys if you have any stinkers?!!!

How the hell did *that get 97 downloads :-o

post-19705-0-92473400-1461102672_thumb.pngxenon_raid.pngcosmic_life.pngthe_comet_game.pngspark_bugs.pngexocet_blastoff.pnghawk_fire.pnge._t._phone_home%21.pngmonkey_magic.png

FOUR - Aliens

Alien Swarm Alien Ambush Alien Busters Alien Encounter Alien Attack

alien_swarm.pngalien_ambush.pngalienbusters.pngalien_encounter.pngalien_attack.png

FIVE - Ports

Frisky Tom [5200] Jet Set Willy 2007 [spectrum] Perplexity [bBC] Sport Goofy [5200] Meteorites [5200] Space Dungeon [5200]

frisky_tom.pngjet_set_willy_2007.pngperplexity.pnglooney_tunes_hotel.pngmeteorites.pngspace_dungeon.png

Edited by therealbountybob
More game suggestions added!

Why would we want to play really bad games for three weeks? Yuck!

Suggestions for ports:

1. Space Dungeon (5200) - I've not played this on the Atari 8-Bit. It's fantastic on the 5200!
  2. Gremlins (5200) - I've not played this one before, but I've heard it's good.
  3. Space Invaders (5200) - This version is completely different than the Atari 8-Bit version of Space Invaders.
  4. Qix (5200) - This game is MUCH better than the official Atari 8-bit port of the game.
  5. Berzerk (5200) - There is a prototype of this for the Atari-- but it only works under OS-B.
  6. Vanguard (5200) - Another one I've not played much.

Note that Space Dungeon and Gremlins are both in Brett Weiss' book "The 100 Greatest Console Videogames."

Adam

• Like 1

Why would we want to play really bad games for three weeks? Yuck!

Suggestions for ports:

1. Space Dungeon (5200) - I've not played this on the Atari 8-Bit. It's fantastic on the 5200!
  2. Gremlins (5200) - I've not played this one before, but I've heard it's good.
  3. Space Invaders (5200) - This version is completely different than the Atari 8-Bit version of Space Invaders.
  4. Qix (5200) - This game is MUCH better than the official Atari 8-bit port of the game.
  5. Berzerk (5200) - There is a prototype of this for the Atari-- but it only works under OS-B.
  6. Vanguard (5200) - Another one I've not played much.

Note that Space Dungeon and Gremlins are both in Brett Weiss' book "The 100 Greatest Console Videogames."

Adam

Probably only looking for one or two big games in each category - ideally want some quick plays/lesser known titles/new to the HSC so we all have time to have a few sessions. Qix and Vanguard are full HSC plays. Interesting about a 5200 ported Berzerk I'll check that out :thumbsup:

I'm sure the really bad are not that bad, I need to add a General Masters classic to the list and perhaps one of my own! :)