IGNORED

Atari 1040 STf with disk problems after Scart cable

Hi all. I have an Atari 1040 STf and I'm trying to connect my computer on a LCD TV using a DIN 13 > Scart Cable > Scaler Box > HDMI on TV.

I buy one cable on www.retrogamingcables.co.uk that didn't work. After this, I've tried some schematics that I found on the internet. After some tests, I got a video but without sync, so I advanced tried to change the cable without success. So, I tried again the cable position that I got the video without sync and no more video on the TV. So I stopped and connected the Atari to my monochrome monitor to see that everything is perfect. TOS entered, so no problem. After one week I tried again another scart schematics. The last one was that:

http://www.atari-wiki.com/index.php/Atari_ST_SCART_Cable

When I connect, I got a blue image with some error. Looks like a crash or chip problem, really don't know. So I connected to my monochrome monitor and TOS loaded.

But I have tried to use de disk drive to boot a game and so the problem appears:

I turn on the Atari, and I can hear the disc change. If I wait for a long time, nothing happens, and I know that if no disk is inserted, TOS must load.

The only way to load TOS is inserting a disk. So, fast, TOS loads. And even if I click on the floppy disk on TOS to open, the disk looks blank, without nothing.

All my disks looks like this.

Anyone have a clue if the DIN13 > Scart cable crash a chip, which chip is? I'm in trouble???

Thanks.

I think that while I have tried different positions on the DIN 13 > Smart Cable, I did something wrong because the wire position that shows a video without sync, when I tried again the same position I don't get video anymore. And I think this problem on the the disk recognition was after this "short circuit" maybe.

• 2 weeks later...