IGNORED

Shump Fans Rejoice... Radien V5

GrizzLee

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to trying it. I'm hoping it's better than gameplay videos make it look, as it appears fairly generic.

I haven't played it myself but I have played enough in the genre to know what is fun, and Raiden 5 doesn't look all that fun to me. It really does appear generic with its enemy placement, and the game looks to be really, really drawn out (it takes about an hour to finish it). I'll eventually nab a copy, but not for $50 as a download. I'll either wait for it to go to $20, or shell out the cash for a physical import copy.

• Like 2

I haven't played it myself but I have played enough in the genre to know what is fun, and Raiden 5 doesn't look all that fun to me. It really does appear generic with its enemy placement, and the game looks to be really, really drawn out (it takes about an hour to finish it). I'll eventually nab a copy, but not for $50 as a download. I'll either wait for it to go to $20, or shell out the cash for a physical import copy.

I'm not doing a D/L...

I reading mixed reviews on this as well.

I am actually NOT familiar with this genre. I'd be interested in hearing what your favorite all time SHMUPS are. What is the best of the "current" crop?

I'm not impressed with the video's I've seen. Call it superficial criticism, but the graphics are blech! I'm also not sure I could stand the running commentary throughout the game, which would no doubt become repetitive quickly. Busiest HUD I've ever seen on a shmup as well. Overall my 1st impressions just from the gameplay footage is that I'm underwhelmed. It looks like an independent homebrew for pete's sake.

I am actually NOT familiar with this genre. I'd be interested in hearing what your favorite all time SHMUPS are. What is the best of the "current" crop?

"Current" crop? Nothing on PS4 or XBOX ONE, unfortunately. Lots of stuff on 360 in particular, anything by Cave is generally seen good if you like bullet hells. Under Defeat, Raiden 4 and Raiden Fighters Aces are great for fans of older styled stuff.

Favorite all time shmups? Radiant Silvergun is at the top of that list for me (Saturn/Arcade/360), the original Raiden (arcade/PS1), R-Type Delta (PS1), Esprade and Espgaluda (both Cave shmups), etc. Too many to name, really.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

i am also a shmup fan these days most seem to play on a pc using steam. console wise grab yourself a saturn dreamcast and xbox 360 and you should be good. death smiles on 360 was great. radiant silvergun among many others on saturn. just be warned it can be an expensive genre to enjoy unless doing so via emulation or steam

• Like 1

i love shooters, and i love raiden.

this was an instant buy.

the cost doesn't matter, because there are hardly any shooters, and it won't likely ever come down in price.

it's a fun and challenging game with excellent graphics, and gameplay, if you don't like the commentary, turn down the volume.

later

Edited by negative1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...