IGNORED

Yesterdays News

sparkdrummer

I think it's on the wht. If not I can upload a disk when I get home. You need a myarc 128/512 card with the proper EPROM on it and a super cart. I'm hoping you have these things because I'd love to what a man with your talents could do with Xbii. Not much was ever really done to my knowledge.

• Like 1

I think it's on the wht. If not I can upload a disk when I get home. You need a myarc 128/512 card with the proper EPROM on it and a super cart. Not much was ever really done to my knowledge.

I did look for it at Whtech. I hoped it'd be something as "simple" as a cartridge, but apparently not. The specs sound almost too good to be true, - and you do need some gear there. And as you say, I suspect nothing much was ever done with it.

I'm hoping you have these things because I'd love to what a man with your talents could do with Xbii.

Thanks. I think I was merely curious, but who knows. The thing is, when you know Assembly, it quickly becomes like carrying coals to Newcastle ( ~ gå over åen efter vand ).

;)

• Like 1

I use xbii fairly often to run some utility stuff and basic games. It's much faster than xb. I sometimes wish I had the smarts to program but that dog don't hunt. There are a couple impressive demos that were written around the time of its release but that's all I really know of.

• Like 1

I found a manual about the MYARC Extended Basic II system that talks about the MEXP-1 PEB card, a floppy disk, and a cartridge (also showing a photograph on the cover). Was there an original configuration with a proper cartridge? Are the XBII1/2... files (in the ARK file) cartridge dumps?

I unpacked the archive to a DSK image.

myarcxb2.dsk

• Like 2

This reminds me I still want to know to what capacity XB III from Asgard utilized the AMS?

My AMS board came with a vaguely saying that Asgard XB III is what you to go with your AMS board.

The XB3 Supplemental Manual on whtech so "Other peripherals that can be utilzied include: Extended memory cards (AMS, AEMS, etc..) ... "

Nothing however in the XB 3 details indicates any actually support. Was it transparent/automatic? or was it just all of that bundled software in the cart packages, such as the menu item 'OPA MM' ???

-M@

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Schmitzi - I was wondering if anybody would notice the AA logo on the back page. That area was where we placed the address labels to mail the VAST News to members and Users Groups that traded newsletters. You will see different images there in the upcoming YN issues.

Sinphaltimus - typo - damn.

Arnuphis - Thanks!

• Like 2

Great newsletter! I am brand new to the TI-99 scene and I am strongly considering buying one to check out, play with, and perhaps learn how to program. I have gleaned many facts from your newsletter, but I was curious if there is a resource that I could be pointed to strictly for newbies to the TI? Like an "all-encompassing FAQ" like the Atari 8-bits have? Sifting through the forums has been fun, but I guess I was also looking for a "go-to reference" if one exists. Thanks again for putting this newsletter out!

Great newsletter! I am brand new to the TI-99 scene and I am strongly considering buying one to check out, play with, and perhaps learn how to program. I have gleaned many facts from your newsletter, but I was curious if there is a resource that I could be pointed to strictly for newbies to the TI? Like an "all-encompassing FAQ" like the Atari 8-bits have? Sifting through the forums has been fun, but I guess I was also looking for a "go-to reference" if one exists. Thanks again for putting this newsletter out!

Best thing I think, get the classic 99 emulator, read the extended basic book and give it a whirl.

Classic99-

http://www.harmlesslion.com/cgi-bin/showprog.cgi?search=Classic99

Xb manual - ftp://ftp.whtech.com/programming/Extended%2520Basic/XB_Man_linked.pdf

If you go to the first page of the wht ftp site and scroll down a bit you'll see ti-faq. Click there and you can get into a text file that contains quite a few tips on things ti.

Do a google search for ti-99/4a mainbyte. The mainbyte site is another good one for General ti info.

If you go to the first page of the wht ftp site and scroll down a bit you'll see ti-faq. Click there and you can get into a text file that contains quite a few tips on things ti.

Do a google search for ti-99/4a mainbyte. The mainbyte site is another good one for General ti info.

Thank you, sir!!! :)