IGNORED

Yesterdays News

sparkdrummer

Hey Sparky,

Charles Good (Sept 2017) mentions SIX HOURS of TI related viewing to include: never released module talk such as ET, Bill Cosby commercials, retailer pep talks, and official TI Retail Training video, and LOTS of TI-99/4 (no A) footage.

I'd be interested in watching this now historical footage. Any ideas on its whereabouts?

Anyone have a link?

Looks like Hank Mishkoff conducted the interview. Is he still around?

-j

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you! I loved the article on Spad XIII. Perhaps you will be able to publish all the articles in that series. To be honest I never gave the program a good chance in the past, finding it too primitive for enjoyment at the time as I waded deep into MS Flight simulator. I think it's time to give it another look :)

By the way, has anyone produced a label for YN disks?

Well... I suppose I could try to work something up for you if you don't mind waiting up to a week for it. What did you have in mind? Something for a 51/4" diskette or a 31/2"?

I only have 5.25" diskettes. Thanks for the offer! I am not on any kind of timeline here so no worries :)

I only have 5.25" diskettes. Thanks for the offer! I am not on any kind of timeline here so no worries :)

Okay Vorticon - Here is a first attempt. If you do not like the style, or had something else in mind, please let me know. The white area on the diskette is where you can scribble the volume & issue numbers for different disks.

post-35324-0-88000300-1507040536_thumb.png

• Like 2

Okay Vorticon - Here is a first attempt. If you do not like the style, or had something else in mind, please let me know. The white area on the diskette is where you can scribble the volume & issue numbers for different disks.

Ah fantastic! You really have a talent for this! Thank you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

November2017.pdf

Been fooling around with Calendar Maker 99 from Asgard. Once I found the "fix" for years 2000 and on I decided to move forward.

This November calendar was composed entirely FROM a TI-99/4A computer and printed via serial TO my PC, then converted to pdf.

Wasted effort? Or something you might find useful?

• Like 4

attachicon.gifNovember2017.pdf

Been fooling around with Calendar Maker 99 from Asgard. Once I found the "fix" for years 2000 and on I decided to move forward.

This November calendar was composed entirely FROM a TI-99/4A computer and printed via serial TO my PC, then converted to pdf.

Wasted effort? Or something you might find useful?

I think it will be useful, in fact I'll print one today to put on my desk at work. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'll admit it, I'm always looking forward to your next issue. But this morning, I got a little carried away and loaded up the PDF using the RPi on the TV in the bedroom.... but as the mouse pointer brushed across the printer icon... I discovered that somehow on it's own, without any intervention by me, the RPi or Chromium somehow found my printer and let me use it to print up the newsletter. How the heck did it do that?

• 2 weeks later...

Omega,

If you work up the daily countdown text and upload to me here - sure I'll see if that could be done. As stated earlier, I am using Calendar Maker 99 from Asgard. There is provision for adding text to the days of the month as well as images. In fact, Using CM99 Utility program you can "build" a whole year with holidays, etc to be put on each month.

Anybody have a text file with all the important calendar dates that I could import to the TI? When I had my home Geneve set up I had a file on it that would give important events on boot up, I haven't found it yet. It would be cool to have events on these cheesy calendars I'm making.

• Like 2

attachicon.gifDec2017.pdf

December 2017 Calendar.

Image chosen is for my fellow VASTian member.

Beige is the Devil! Curse you Sparky! They turn yellow and symbolize cost reductions and (in some cases) locking out software.

The TI-99/4is arguably the best looking machine of its era. Black and Brushed Al-You-Min-E-Um! Brilliant really!

They're the ONLY machines from the era that look as good as new without any Retrobrite BS necessary.

IBM's PC was.....beige. The Beige TI-99/4A is basically TI management's surrender flag.

Edited by Airshack
  • Like 1