sparkdrummer

Yesterdays News

sparkdrummer,

Yesterday's News is KILLER! It is VERY well done! Thank you so much for doing these. The retro look is so hip! Now that I have discovered this, I have a TON of reading to do! AWESOME!!!

TWoodland

• Like 1

twoodland -

I'm very glad you enjoy Yesterday's News. I guess it's definitely RETRO because YN is composed entirely on a TI-99/4A system. When I'm ready to put an issue to "bed", it is output via RS232 to a Compag 7800 laptop to be converted into a pdf file. Back in the day when I was president and newsletter editor for the VAST users group here in Phoenix, I challenged myself to put out a newsletter that rivaled issues that were PC based. A lot of people thought I was using a PC then - NOT!

• Like 4

Saw the photo of Submarine Commander in the newsletter... It reminded me I've not played it for a while.

If many of you returning TI'ers don't have a copy of this program, I highly recommend it. You can get all the goodies just by clicking the three links below. It's that easy! ;-)

<< FR99/FG99 BIN IMAGE >> << DOWNLOAD MANUAL >> << KEYBOARD STRIP >>

• Like 6

twoodland -

I'm very glad you enjoy Yesterday's News. I guess it's definitely RETRO because YN is composed entirely on a TI-99/4A system. When I'm ready to put an issue to "bed", it is output via RS232 to a Compag 7800 laptop to be converted into a pdf file. Back in the day when I was president and newsletter editor for the VAST users group here in Phoenix, I challenged myself to put out a newsletter that rivaled issues that were PC based. A lot of people thought I was using a PC then - NOT!

You still ARE the VAST newsletter editor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

As 2018 comes to an end, I'm looking forward to seeing Sparkdrummer's 2019 New Year's edition of Yesterday's News.

• Like 1

I think I am giving up the ghost on 100% TI publishing. I just don't have the background, and much of it isn't intuitive. There's only one person alive still doing 100% authentic TI publishing, and I don't live near VAST to apprentice. ;)

I can still do a hybrid publishing project, but doing it 100% on the TI just isn't going to happen.

• Like 1

February 2019 Calendar

attachicon.gifFEB19.pdf

I positively LOVE this months graphic on the calendar! It brings back a few memories that I had to write checks for.

post-35324-0-79613100-1547562494.jpg

• Like 1

Did you make that using CalendarMaker99?

I usually put up Sparkdrumer's calendar every single month in my den. But he inspired me this month, so not to intrude on his thread. (click here)

Owen

I used Calendar Maker for all calendars I made from December 2018 back. It was a cumbersome process but I made it work. Then I discovered a disk I had of PagePro templates for making monthly calendars. It was put together by a member of VAST named Ray Frantz. It was MUCH easier to do calendars with this. So the first one was January 2019.

@Sparkdrummer Do you take requests for dates on your calendars? I was thinking that if/when Fest West 2019 is confirmed, it would be cool to have those days included.

• Like 1