IGNORED

Yesterdays News

sparkdrummer

• 2 weeks later...

While I've not had too much free-time lately, I always look forward to Yesterday's News. I wonder WHAT is going to be in the upcoming year-end issue?

One addition (if possible) I'd like to see in the coming year... a "FUTURE NEWS" blurb, which would actually be 'current news', but the name would fit in with the theme better. Nothing drastic, just a small paragraph or two about new software or hardware releases. These newsletters in PDF format have the potential to show up in the darndest places, so a little 'current news' might inspire a returning TI'er or two as well.

Omega - We could do that, but to be honest, I'm as much "up" on all the latest happenings in our beloved TI world - How about an assistant editor to just do the new stuff? They could submit the text to me here and I could edit and publish in the News.

If this came to pass I'd probably have to rename the newsletter Yesterday,,, And Today.

Any takers for assistant editor?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sparky,

On the bottom of your calendar it says VAST currently has two members. Does VAST plan on accepting "remote memberships"? When are your meetings? Do you have meetings? Are you planning on attending Fest West next April? If so, maybe you can fill us in on how you might have meetings over some type of cellphone APP like one of the group based Walkie Talkie or conference call programs... or some other method. I could really get into something like that. Fest West is cool, but it's only once a year. A real time chat or round table conference could be fun.

The members are myself and Airshack. We get together when the Cap isn't in the air doing his thing. Usually once a month.We meet at the Dunkin' Donuts by my house and set up a computer and/or video game of some sort, which they have allowed us to do. Last meeting I showed James how I have set up my nanoPEB and we copied the contents of my 512m to his little computer. We always have fun and usually attract attention. I think at our next meeting I'm going to show James one of my Tomy Tutor computers with some games. I have absolutely no problem with remote memberships - Perhaps James can rig up some form of two way communication - He's the one that's up on all the latest tech.It would be fun to do that. I would love to come to Fest West 2018, but do not know if I'll make it or not. I'd like to attend Chicago as well at least once. Being semi-retired and effectively on social security puts a serious cramp on cash flow.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No sweat Nate. I enjoy making these calendar pages and YN newsletter and if others get a kick out of them, so much the better.

No takers yet for a NEW DEVELOPMENTS assistant editor and/or writer.

Hell if anyone in our community wants to do ANY kind of column I'd be glad to include it.

However.... I beat up my fellow VAST members back in the day to submit an article at every meeting and you all know the rest of the story.

• Like 2

I read with much interest the article about mini memory, because I bought one of these recently.

The article describes the undocumented EXPMEM1, but says nothing about its limitations. It seems to me that it does not work for storing BASIC programs, but only for data files. But I am not sure about my finding, it might be that my minimemory is not working reliably. I'd like to know more about EXPMEM1.

• Like 1